Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Boxing is not effective in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people act like Boxing is not effective in a street fight?

It involves throwing educated punches with precision,defending and countering wild inaccurate punches and movement..if you can box the fight won't last longer then 15 seconds...the average person doesnt even know how to throw a good punch and just throws a bunch of arm punches till they get close and then try to grab you....

Cuz it's so easy to pull or knife or pop a gun

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
      It involves throwing educated punches with precision,defending and countering wild inaccurate punches and movement..if you can box the fight won't last longer then 15 seconds...the average person doesnt even know how to throw a good punch and just throws a bunch of arm punches till they get close and then try to grab you....
      Which people are these? Best thing about boxing is being able to end a fight QUIKE and pretty good against multiple attackers

Comment

because they are clueless and have yet to square off against anyone that could truley fight. After they do meet that horrid beast 99 out of 100 times we will have new believers..........Rockin'

Comment

If you are a solid boxer the average man isnt going to take more than 3 good punches

Comment

Not a clue. . . Most street fights begin with somebody clocking the other off guard anyway. . . So if you know how to punch, most likely you're going to render him unconscious, or make him so woozy to where he won't be able to do anything.

But if you square up with somebody, and your only background is boxing, I think you'd be at a severe disadvantage.

Comment

If I'm in a street fight I don't want to square up with my boxing stance. I want to go all out and brawl. I like getting dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                Not a clue. . . Most street fights begin with somebody clocking the other off guard anyway. . . So if you know how to punch, most likely you're going to render him unconscious, or make him so woozy to where he won't be able to do anything.

But if you square up with somebody, and your only background is boxing, I think you'd be at a severe disadvantage
                How???if you got good hands and reflexes then you should be able to control the action,fight at an angle(not squared up) and you will be fine,he cant just rush in and tackle you unless you are slow and really dont know what you are doing

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                  If I'm in a street fight I don't want to square up with my boxing stance. I want to go all out and brawl. I like getting dirty.
                  Thats a quick way to get knocked unconcious

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                    How???if you got good hands and reflexes then you should be able to control the action,fight at an angle(not squared up) and you will be fine,he cant just rush in and tackle you unless you are slow and really dont know what you are doing
                    because if you know self-defense martial arts and ****, he'll have reflexes just as good, and know manuevers to use your own punches against you.

In boxing, they don't teach you how to grab somebody's arm punching you and break it. . .

I just think the best fighting art for street fighting would be some kind of martial arts. . Maybe even a self-defense technique like krav maga cause the guy mgith have a weapon. . Boxing doesn't teach you to disarm somebody.

Really, it'd be best if you were were well-rounded, boxing, martial arts, and had a grappling, or ground game like judo, jiu jitsu, or wrestling. . .

Just too much **** can happen in a street fight. You'd want to have something else to fall back on aside from your hands. . .

Just my opinion. . But the chances that you'll encounter somebody skilled enough in those areas in a street fight are rare. So for the most part, if you've got boxing skills, you'll win.

Comment

Working...
                    X