Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum: early PPV reports indicate more than 600,000 buys for Chavez-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty sad to see a mediocre fighter getting beaten by a world class boxer.

Comment

Worst I thought this fight would be is 300K with 500 being excellent, but 600K god DAMN. Until the numbers are official though that could be BS, you never can tell with Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
        Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI
        Bob Arum is saying Chavez-Martinez did over 600k. He's wrong, it won't. But he'll make a successful show look bad by exaggerating so much

Kevin Iole ‏@KevinI
        Since a lot of people are asking me, my official prediction for PPV numbers for #ChavezMartinez is 470,000 buys
        I wonder if Iole still has 50 as his #4 most powerful person in boxing..... lol

Comment

I'll wait for something official hopefully. But if it's true, that's great. That would match what Cotto-Margarito II did, and Cotto is suppose to be the 3rd biggest draw in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            Wow. That PPV number came pretty quickly.

Great to see that the reporting systems are so efficient.
            Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Top Rank must have upgraded their counting machines~

Funny how Arum got his numbers pretty quick for this fight, What is it 3 days since the fight? Even a Pacquiao fight doesn't get its numbers announced that quick lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Arum can't even remember which lie he wants to use for Pacquiao-Marquez III. This sounds nice but I'll wait for something official.
              Bingo.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                I wonder if Iole still has 50 as his #4 most powerful person in boxing..... lol
                He is, the fights he made this year put boxing on the map.
                The ones he did earlier this year.... just damn beautiful it made hardcore boxing fans weep.

Stop being a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Funny how Arum got his numbers pretty quick for this fight, What is it 3 days since the fight? Even a Pacquiao fight doesn't get its numbers announced that quick lol.
                  They ALWAYS report an early estimate within a week of the fight. It's just boxing fans are so obsessed with bickering over Manny and May they either choose not to believe it or ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                  X