Collapse
No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you know it's B-Hop for me. Sure he's lost to some very good fighters. But the only fights he lost that were not controversial was RJ & Dawson at 47. Other than that an argument can be made for his other losses. Oldest champ (world title). Record middleweight defenses. Beat sure fore HOF'amers. He's the greatest active fighter IMO.

Floyd beat who he needed to whenever he needed to. But IMO his resume is weak. Castillo, Corrales, who has he beaten that compare to who B-Hop has beaten?? Besides losing to Roy, Tito, Tarver, Jc I mean genuine HOf'rs & all competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Well you know it's B-Hop for me. Sure he's lost to some very good fighters. But the only fights he lost that were not controversial was RJ & Dawson at 47. Other than that an argument can be made for his other losses. Oldest champ (world title). Record middleweight defenses. Beat sure fore HOF'amers. He's the greatest active fighter IMO.

Floyd beat who he needed to whenever he needed to. But IMO his resume is weak. Castillo, Corrales, who has he beaten that compare to who B-Hop has beaten?? Besides losing to Roy, Tito, Tarver, Jc I mean genuine HOf'rs & all competitive.
      well if all the names u know on floyds resume is castillo and corrales then theres your problem.

Comment

I think Hopkins has the best resume out of any current fighter, both Floyd and Manny are close though.

Comment

I gotta go with Hopkins, Mayweather is close though.

Comment

I voted Hopkins. They are both great but Hopkins got such a late start due to prison and was still able to defend the middleweight tittle successfully 20 times before losing a close one to the 27 year old Taylor at age 40. He then went on to score great victories over Tarver, Pavlic and Pascal at a ridiculously old age. He lost some fights but the overall quality of his opponents was higher than Mayweather's opponents. A slight edge for Hopkins in my opinion.

Comment

hopkins took on much bigger challenges and has the better resume.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                What is Hopkins going to do in the remainder of his career at 47 years of age to surpass him?
                He could take another young fighter's O by beating Cleverly or Cloud if he beats Pascal, while beating his own record for oldest man to win a world title.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                You need to take into account the fact that half these great fighters were smaller than Hop, while Floyd was the smaller man moving up when he beat most of his best opponents.

Also Floyd fought the #1 guy in 4 of his 5 weightclasses and is the only undefeated 5 division champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  He could take another young fighter's O by beating Cleverly or Cloud if he beats Pascal, while beating his own record for oldest man to win a world title.

You need to take into account the fact that half these great fighters were smaller than Hop, while Floyd was the smaller man moving up when he beat most of his best opponents.

Also Floyd fought the #1 guy in 4 of his 5 weightclasses and is the only undefeated 5 division champ.
                  cotto wasn' the real number 1 just look at his resume at 154 compared to others there and beating baldomir is beating baldomir. Zsolt erdei laughs at baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    Predictable answers from some posters...

For me it's Hop...he's fought just about everyone you'd want him too. Really only decisively losing to Roy.

Floyd will most likely surpass him when it's all said and done as many have said.
                    ^^^^ because PBF seems to be a little more risk averse and has not demonstrated mastery into his late 40s as has B-Hop.

That said, it's very close and if Floyd extends his wizardry into his 40s or takes some more challenging fights (as he has recently) or some combination of the 2, he will likely surpass Hopkins in my book at least. Would love to see it...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      cotto wasn' the real number 1 just look at his resume at 154 compared to others there and beating baldomir is beating baldomir. Zsolt erdei laughs at baldomir.
                      Whether you like it or not he was ranked #1 by Ring magazine. And it's not just Baldomir, Mosley was also the linear WW champ when Floyd beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X