Collapse
No announcement yet.

JMM P4P number 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id love to know how they can have Manny as p4p#1 and keep a straight face to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      id love to know how they can have Manny as p4p#1 and keep a straight face to be honest

do they really have pacquiao out front?

i generally dont care for most of their writers, but that's a particularly awful decision

floyd mayweather is currently my number one, by virtue of his recent schedule and performances, and one of his opponents is going to need to prove otherwise before i remove him from the top spot

i think andre ward might be a better fighter p4p than 35 year old mayweather. he's on a better run. but i'm not quite there yet. not yet.

if he beats chad dawson decisively he's easily the best p4p fighter in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        do they really have pacquiao out front?

i generally dont care for most of their writers, but that's a particularly awful decision

floyd mayweather is currently my number one, by virtue of his recent schedule and performances, and one of his opponents is going to need to prove otherwise before i remove him from the top spot

i think andre ward might be a better fighter p4p than 35 year old mayweather. he's on a better run. but i'm not quite there yet. not yet.

if he beats chad dawson decisively he's easily the best p4p fighter in the world.
        to make it worse look what the damn writer wrote for his reason of manny being #1

The Take: After squeezing by archrival and then-Lightweight kin Juan Manuel Marquez in a close one last year, Pacquiao decisively defeated the best Jr. Welterweight in the world, Timothy Bradley, for his sixteenth straight win…then came the scores. In one of the oddest robberies the sport has seen in years, Pacquiao got the business in Las Vegas in a fight where he appeared to win at least eight rounds. In the Marquez fight, there were plenty in the press who saw it for Pacquiao or at a draw. The Bradley verdict is almost unanimously decried. Decisions as bad as the one rendered June 9 deserve to be ignored. Pacquiao went into the fight with the top spot here. He did nothing in the ring to lose it and performed well enough against a high quality foe to secure his continuation at number one.

now look what was written bout floyd and tell me how he isnt #1

The Take: At 35, Mayweather won his most exciting and competitive fight since Ricky Hatton and this was far harder work. Miguel Cotto came to win and Mayweather refused to allow the possibility. It was splendid stuff and nearly enough to elevate Mayweather past Pacquiao. Both of the game’s best, short of fighting each other, chose next-best options and kept alive the debate about the very best. Mayweather is cooling his heels in jail for a couple months but when he comes back he’ll find the fistic world still his oyster. Is Robert Guerrero, shortly to be fighting for an interim WBC belt at Welterweight, being positioned as his next challenger?

Comment

Here is the latest Ring magazine pound for pound rankings for the period ending June 25th 2012. #1 vacant. #2 tie between Floyd and Manny. #3 Martinez. #4 Donaire.5 Ward. #6 Marquez. #7 Wladimir. #8 Bradley. #9 Vitali. #10 Ward. It's just a matter of opinion, so put Marquez where you want or leave him out of the top 10 if you don't think he belongs there. Marquez at #6 sounds good to me. He is old but he is still damn good in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X