Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that when people compare Floyd or manny to past fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that when people compare Floyd or manny to past fighters?

The older fighter typically wins like really wtf

In the case of Robinson vs mayweather or manny at 147 how much footage of Robinson there exist? For you to say he'd beat these two? Just because he one of the greatest doesn't mean he'd win...has he ever fought anybody with there style sets? And beat them? Is their footage to prove it?

This goes for every other ATg fighter there compared to
    Bassilo
    Whitaker
    Trinidad
    Pryor
    Hearns
    SRL
    And the list goes on? I just don't get it just cause they beat other great fighters doesn't just mean they'd beat these two

Fighters from the past are glorified on here that's for sure. That's why I think ATG lists are mostly BS. I'm not saying Floyd or Manny would dominate any of them though 'cause I don't know.

There is plenty of footage of those ATG's you mentioned btw. Just search.

Comment

Originally posted by Story View Post
      Fighters from the past are glorified on here that's for sure. That's why I think ATG lists are mostly BS. I'm not saying Floyd or Manny would dominate any of them though 'cause I don't know.

There is plenty of footage of those ATG's you mentioned btw. Just search.
      Footage is one thing but where's the footage of a fight just like or very similar to these too that would make anyone believe they could beat them am I saying they would win I have no idea lol but everyone should get a fair shake.

Comment

most people have never even seen the ond fighters fight and the rest most of the time are just delusional Manny and Floyd would be the best of the best in any damn era hands down

Comment

Has Robinson ever even fought anyone who hasnt used the philly shell and is a pine point counter puncher or a relentless southpaw speed demon with concussive power?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
            Has Robinson ever even fought anyone who hasnt used the philly shell and is a pine point counter puncher or a relentless southpaw speed demon with concussive power?
            There's plenty of footage of Robinson if you know where to look. Robison fought plenty of people with a textbook defense. Denny Moyer, Randy Turpin (Turpin was more traditionally 'european' with his style of fighting not something you saw alot back then which gave Robinson trouble in their first but not second fight)

Look at how throw back fighters like Hopkins and Toney have succeed off old style fighting and you get a little jist of why most people favour old style fighters. The counter punchers and pressure fighters employ a lot more head movement that fighters today do. Henry Armstrong is a great example.

Kid Gavilan was an excellent counter puncher. An ATG from Cuba, to answer whether he ever fought a pin point counter puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
              most people have never even seen the ond fighters fight and the rest most of the time are just delusional Manny and Floyd would be the best of the best in any damn era hands down
              You're being ignorant saying Manny and Floyd would be the best of any era.

Maybe Robinson doesn't beat them, but to outright dismiss Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Whittaker, Chavez, Pryor, Gavilan, Duran, Trinidad, Griffith, Armstrong and even Napoles to name but a few is stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                You're being ignorant saying Manny and Floyd would be the best of any era.

Maybe Robinson doesn't beat them, but to outright dismiss Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Whittaker, Chavez, Pryor, Gavilan, Duran, Trinidad, Griffith, Armstrong and even Napoles to name but a few is stupid
                i dont think he is dismissin the older fighters. it think he is saying that ppl are dismissin floyd and manny like they couldnt compete with the older fighters.

Comment

I don't think anyone has said Floyd and Manny couldn't compete in any era. They're ranking fighters based on their body of work.

The problem is Floyd and Mannys body of work isn't complete yet. You don't know who on their resumes will be future hall of famers.

But it seems like everybody has been fair and have Floyd and Manny in their top 50 if not 100 of all time. That's not an insult by any means.

Just cause people don't buy into Floyd and Manny being 1 and 2 of all time doesn't mean their insulting them.

Comment

people here are too attached to the past

Comment

Working...
                    X