Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If a boxer you DISLIKE OR HATE SAVED YOUR LIFE or your loved one. What now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If a boxer you DISLIKE OR HATE SAVED YOUR LIFE or your loved one. What now?

A question my mate asked regarding footie players, So I felt applying it to boxing will be very interesting.

Say a boxer you hate or dislike saved your life or that of your loved ones.

How much does this change your view.

SAY you hate Floyd Mayweather, he saves you somehow in a burning car accident.

Say you hate Amir Khan, he saves your mother.

Say you hate Pacquaio, he saves you from a flood or whatever.

What NOW? Please vote

Be advised this is a public vote because I don't want any troll answers. This is a serious question I'm very curious about,

Thank you for your participation
    He is now my favorite boxer. I'm #1 fan.
    42.86%
    He earns my respect outside the ring, I still hate him as a boxer because I'm just like that
    0.00%
    I still won't root for him against my favorite boxer, but I will root for him over everyone else
    14.29%
    I don't care. My hatred runs too deep. I will never change my opinions
    42.86%

I'd slap pacroid in the face and be like "I didn't ask for you help"
    and then I walk off into the sunset with dramatic music playing. The End

Comment

I honestly think most people would be really grateful that they were saved. I know I would. But then again I personally do not hate any athlete. People like to use that word freely to express their dislike for certain athletes, but I don't think most of them really mean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        I'd slap pacroid in the face and be like "I didn't ask for you help"
        and then I walk off into the sunset with dramatic music playing. The End
        :O

But the reason I asked is I always get friends of boxing who's like

DUDE IF YOU REALLY LOVE BOXING YOU SHOULD SUPPORT BOXERS FOR WHAT THEY DO IN THE RING... DUDE.... That's how you should choose your favorite boxer to support.

I agree with that, except what if a boxer had a positive influence on your life OUTSIDE THE RING.

The little kid that carried the Wladimir belt was at first a lennox lewis fan.

But after the belt carrying, he became a Wladimir fan.

I 100% understand that and support that

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
          I honestly think most people would be really grateful that they were saved. I know I would. But then again I personally do not hate any athlete. People like to use that word freely to express their dislike for certain athletes, but I don't think most of them really mean it.

Ok.. so fine. Say your favorite boxer is Sergio Martinez.

Say Chavez JR saved your life

Who you rooting for?

That's the point of the question

Comment

Oh, in that case, it's option #3 in the poll.

Comment

Its easy to 'hate' public figures, celebrities or athletes. But its all just pantomime. U dont really hate them.
              If they saved ur life then obviously ur not going to still hate them over some trivial bull**** that they said or how the behaved in the past.
              Reality kicks in and u gain perspective.

They dont even have to save ur life. If u just met them, and spoke to them at an informal event or on the street, all these boxers, even Floyd, would probably seem like a fairly normal decent guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                Its easy to 'hate' public figures, celebrities or athletes. But its all just pantomime. U dont really hate them.
                If they saved ur life then obviously ur not going to still hate them over some trivial bull**** that they said or how the behaved in the past.
                Reality kicks in and u gain perspective.

They dont even have to save ur life. If u just met them, and spoke to them at an informal event or on the street, all these boxers, even Floyd, would probably seem like a fairly normal decent guy.
                Ya we get this. Great post btw.

Ok now the question is this.

Say your favorite boxer is Tim Bradley (EXAMPLE)

Say you met Amir Khan. He helps you out irl and all kinds of stuff.

He turn out to be the nicest guy in the world.

He even save your LIFE

NOW SAY

AMIR KHAN FIGHTS BRADLEY

Who you rooting for?

Khan or bradley

Comment

i hate vanes... this question doesnt apply to me because he would talk about saving me... then back out when the opportunity presented itself.

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
                    i hate vanes... this question doesnt apply to me because he would talk about saving me... then back out when the opportunity presented itself.
                    and we'd all hear about ur death via his twitter....

Comment

Working...
                    X