Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best non-PPV HBO fight so far this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk what's been wrong with HBO this year. They only have one non PPV fight scheduled at the moment. In the first 6 months of the year we're only getting 5 WCB cards, 1 BAD card and 2 PPV's.

Last year I think HBO had 21 boxing cards and 5 PPV's. I really hope the second half of the year picks up. There's no way in hell I'm gonna keep on paying $15/month for HBO if all I'm getting is one boxing card per month.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      I voted Mitchell-Witherspoon
      That's what I voted for seek aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        Idk what's been wrong with HBO this year. They only have one non PPV fight scheduled at the moment. In the first 6 months of the year we're only getting 5 WCB cards, 1 BAD card and 2 PPV's.

Last year I think HBO had 21 boxing cards and 5 PPV's. I really hope the second half of the year picks up. There's no way in hell I'm gonna keep on paying $15/month for HBO if all I'm getting is one boxing card per month.
        Keep in mind all the injuries and now PEDerson, it's just been ugly year for them.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Keep in mind all the injuries and now PEDerson, it's just been ugly year for them.
          What injuries? I know Khan-Peterson was cancelled but, unless it's slipped my mind, I don't think HBO has cancelled any other cards this year.

I know Berto-Ortiz II was postponed, but that's on Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Holy **** Bam Bam was huge in that pic lol.

Comment

I actually just remembered Rios-Gamboa was also cancelled. I guess that's 2 cards. Even with that, it's still been a slow year at HBO.

Comment

I actually just remembered Rios-Gamboa was also cancelled. I guess that's 2 cards. Even with that, it's still been a slow year at HBO.
                i think theyve gone with quality over quantity this year but the two cancelled cards really hurt them... the secong half of the year should be good plenty of cash in the budget

Comment

What injuries? I know Khan-Peterson was cancelled but, unless it's slipped my mind, I don't think HBO has cancelled any other cards this year.

I know Berto-Ortiz II was postponed, but that's on Showtime.
                  Forgot that fight was on Showtime this time around, I guess HBO is having a subpar year.

Gamboa vs Rios was supposed to be good.
                  Last edited by PACnPBFsuck; 05-15-2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Martinez vs Macklin was a very good fight. The way Sergio ended it was perfect.

Comment

i did'nt see the mitchell vs witherspoon so with the exeption of that , i think chavez vs rubio is the best out of that list....

Comment

Working...
                      X