Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here believes Liston hit Harder than Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here believes Liston hit Harder than Foreman?

I have heard this argument being circulated around in my head and wanted to get people's thoughts on it. How many here believe Liston hit harder than Foreman and can you justify it??

I don't think he did. You could make an argument for it though. I do think Liston beats him easier than most probably do though.

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      I have heard this argument being circulated around in my head and wanted to get people's thoughts on it. How many here believe Liston hit harder than Foreman and can you justify it??
      Pretty difficult argument to prove either way. Just to close to call, but I'd probably favor Foreman by a shade.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Pretty difficult argument to prove either way. Just to close to call, but I'd probably favor Foreman by a shade.
        An argument made for Liston is that Chuck Wepner who fought them both said that Liston hit harder than George

Comment

I dont think Liston hit quite as hard as big George,few people did,to say he hit with the force of a truck is actually overrating the trucks power

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            An argument made for Liston is that Chuck Wepner who fought them both said that Liston hit harder than George

Foreman was an underdeveloped novice pro when he fought Wepner. Only 210 odd pounds.

Contrast that Foreman with the heavy handed tank which fought Gerry Cooney.

To be honest both guys packed a real wallop, there wasn't much in it. Advantage to Foreman on uppercuts though.

Comment

I think Liston hit harder and that is on the basis that it looked like Liston hit harder, to me.

Comment

Foreman gets my vote as the harder puncher of the two

Obviously when u hit like Sonny though its gonna be a close run thing, he could really wallop

Comment

Liston was a more educated boxer, I don't know about their power...

Comment

prime for prime it's a hell of a fight. Liston did hit very hard and had a very good chin before the drugs got him.

I'd still edge Foreman however, probably by stoppage. Foreman was just a monster, an even bigger monster than Liston.

the prime 224 lb Foreman that busted Norton up though, beats just about anyone because he was a solid boxer himself just because his jab was world class. People go on about Listons jab because it was 84 inches, but Foreman swas much more jolting imo.
                    Last edited by them_apples; 02-15-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X