Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters you picked to be great, and you were wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen "sweetness" Green. I thought he would be a great one, especially at 168 but he faded fast after that beasty Codrington KO.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
      Word is Michael Nunn ran into coke and that was his first problem. And yeah of course finding Toney in your division is not exactly a good thing :-) but boy did he have it all (almost).

Mel looked like he was going to be the **** at the time I think to pretty much everyone, but in hindsight you can see the flaws even in his best performances. Did not catch them at the time, which is not surprising considering i was a kid, but no one around me did either.

man i'm thinking about adding to my ignore list as well.

more harm than good comes from NSB
      more harm than good.

i wouldnt even think michael nunn was real if he came into the divsion at MW today with all that size and fluidity
      same with toney, to be fair. toney looked like he came from a time machine straight out of 1955

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        Allen "sweetness" Green. I thought he would be a great one, especially at 168 but he faded fast after that beasty Codrington KO.

that was a frightening knockout
        man green could punch

and then he fought miranda who hit him so hard he had to check and to make sure his feet were still there

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          man i'm thinking about adding to my ignore list as well.

more harm than good comes from NSB
          more harm than good.

i wouldnt even think michael nunn was real if he came into the divsion at MW today with all that size and fluidity
          same with toney, to be fair. toney looked like he came from a time machine straight out of 1955
          Yeah, did you catch the last couple of posts in that thread? Burner proves Floyd ISN'T the most well-rounded but claims he proved the inverse......then Brother Jays sez AMEN BROTHER TESTIFY! :hahahaha9:

I swear it would actually be funny if it wasn't so sad.....

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Yeah, did you catch the last couple of posts in that thread? Burner proves Floyd ISN'T the most well-rounded but claims he proved the inverse......then Brother Jays sez AMEN BROTHER TESTIFY! :hahahaha9:

I swear it would actually be funny if it wasn't so sad.....

Poet

i did. contemplated going there. glad that i didnt.
            finally showed some self control and came in here to see what was good in the neighborhood.

Comment

i did. contemplated going there. glad that i didnt.
              finally showed some self control and came in here to see what was good in the neighborhood.
              Yeah, sometimes it does seem pointless to point out that the post essentially contradicted itself.

What I think is that the entire thread shows the "nuthugger" mentality......They have no clue what "well-rounded" means and they don't care: All they know is that it's being used complimentary and if there are compliments being handed out then there boy is the bestest ever at it. And they'll twist the meaning of everything until terms mean their opposite so that they can force those terms to conform to the fighter they're nuthugging :hahahaha9:

I'd be willing to bet if you made a thread talking about the hardest ever puncher from Featherweight to Welterweight those same nuthuggers would try and twist what "hardest ever puncher" means to get it to fit Floyd :hahahaha9:

Poet

Comment

Yeah, sometimes it does seem pointless to point out that the post essentially contradicted itself.

What I think is that the entire thread shows the "nuthugger" mentality......They have no clue what "well-rounded" means and they don't care: All they know is that it's being used complimentary and if there are compliments being handed out then there boy is the bestest ever at it. And they'll twist the meaning of everything until terms mean their opposite so that they can force those terms to conform to the fighter they're nuthugging :hahahaha9:

I'd be willing to bet if you made a thread talking about the hardest ever puncher from Featherweight to Welterweight those same nuthuggers would try and twist what "hardest ever puncher" means to get it to fit Floyd :hahahaha9:

Poet

that guy (brother jay) was literally following my posts around and looking for something to make him feel good about himself

sometimes you've got to wonder about the people on the other end of these keyboards
                and question if they are all there.

i'm half expecting to see him show up here at any minute, lol!
                maybe i've made a typo or error in grammar he can point out!

Comment

that guy (brother jay) was literally following my posts around and looking for something to make him feel good about himself

sometimes you've got to wonder about the people on the other end of these keyboards
                  and question if they are all there.

i'm half expecting to see him show up here at any minute, lol!
                  maybe i've made a typo or error in grammar he can point out!
                  Bring him in! I got no problems watching him get pwned in here by people who actually know WTF they're talking about

Poet

Comment

Bring him in! I got no problems watching him get pwned in here by people who actually know WTF they're talking about

Poet

you wont hear me complaining, lol
                    i love fresh meat

until jab banishes him it will be great for laughs

the history section needs a good trolling once in a while

you might be able to keep your dignity in the eyes of the NSB saying stuff like "hearns is as well rounded as paul williams, and hagler as well rounded as joe frazier,"
                    but here you'll leave feeling shame

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                      ricardo mayorga and jermaine taylor...
                      jermain taylor for sure.

juanma lopez isnt done yet but getting beat by salido surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                      X