Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this guy makes a good transition from K-1 to boxing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this guy makes a good transition from K-1 to boxing...

we can then have a 'bad boy' type of guy in the heavyweight division who can make the division exciting.

The guy... Badr Hari, apparently Nazeem Richardson will be training him.

would be pretty cool if he can become successful. He's entertaining.

Comment

Naz willbe training hari? Wow

Comment

Originally posted by Alx. View Post
        Naz willbe training hari? Wow
        word son.

Comment

he's a bad dude but he's got some serious issues upstairs

he lost the entire k-1 grand prix if i remember correctly because he couldn't control himself from stomping remy bonjasky on the ground in a fight he was totally dominating

the guy is andrew golota nuts

that being said he's a very very bad man. he's also huge.
          he's a hard puncher with good hand speed. for my part i'd also call him a very technical kickboxer, but i have not followed k-1 closely for years and dont consider myself anything other than a casual fan

Comment

Hari's horribly wild and undisciplined and doesn't have the greatest jaw. There are K-1 fighters who could make good boxers, hell Matt Skelton made a career for himself in boxing, and he was considered a crude puncher even for K-1 standards, but I don't see Hari having the necessary attributes (both mental and physical) to succeed at the top level.

LeBanner and Sefo could have made a name for themselves if they stuck at it, but both were derailed by various things. Mike Bernardo had a decent run and won the WBF belt, not that that's any great achievement, but like a lot of the K-1 stars boxing was always more of a sideline for him. As it stands, Skelton is still the biggest success story to emerge from K-1, even though he was by no means the best boxer.

Comment

People don't usually if ever make successful transitions into boxing especially at his age (27) the guy looks like a good fighter but cant see him ever becoming a good boxer still they could put him in there with Kimbo a lot of people love those circus act type fights.

Comment

I was gonna make this thread but didn't think anyone here followed K1. I'm excited to see hari try boxing, he says his idol in the sport is RJJ lol.

I don't know how successful he can be in boxing but he's no joke. He's only like 27, been striking his entire life, he's 6'6 250+ and has power in both hands. But his jaw is suspect and he loses his temper easily.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
                  Hari's horribly wild and undisciplined and doesn't have the greatest jaw. There are K-1 fighters who could make good boxers, hell Matt Skelton made a career for himself in boxing, and he was considered a crude puncher even for K-1 standards, but I don't see Hari having the necessary attributes (both mental and physical) to succeed at the top level.

LeBanner and Sefo could have made a name for themselves if they stuck at it, but both were derailed by various things. Mike Bernardo had a decent run and won the WBF belt, not that that's any great achievement, but like a lot of the K-1 stars boxing was always more of a sideline for him. As it stands, Skelton is still the biggest success story to emerge from K-1, even though he was by no means the best boxer.
                  well if Matt Skelton is the best so far, I have much higher hopes for Hari.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    he's a bad dude but he's got some serious issues upstairs

he lost the entire k-1 grand prix if i remember correctly because he couldn't control himself from stomping remy bonjasky on the ground in a fight he was totally dominating

the guy is andrew golota nuts

that being said he's a very very bad man. he's also huge.
                    he's a hard puncher with good hand speed. for my part i'd also call him a very technical kickboxer, but i have not followed k-1 closely for years and dont consider myself anything other than a casual fan
                    I wouldn't say he's especially technical, not compared to someone like Hug, Hoost, Bonjasky, Ignashov etc. His kicks are very crisp and well thrown, but there's like a disconnect between his hands and feet. He just doesn't look like he flows well to me. Plus his punches can be terribly telegraphed and looping, though his speed and power cover that up to a degree.

Comment

Working...
                    X