Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 01-05-2012, 01:01 AM #1
Shhhh...

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,775,550,785,175,425.00
Total Points: 2,825,581,018,361,401.50
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Default One of the big unknown rivalries of modern boxing.

Between two of my favourite fighters from the last decade. Both highly underrated and both incredibly skilled fighters. These fights are when Sahaprom was in his prime, their last one still two years before he first fought Hasagawa in 2006 losing his title and the first in 2000.

Nishioka had been steadily plying his trade and learning quickly. Like some other great fighters, he had a rough start to his career and learned the hard way, all his losses coming reasonably early in his career in some tough fights before getting the long deserved recognition as the fighter he is today while being undefeated since 2004 the last fight with Sahaprom.

This is the big rivalry of both these guys careers. They fought four times, drew twice, with Sahaprom at his best winning the other two. First, second and third fight. Enjoy.
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

They are all great fights. Very closely contested, except for the last one maybe in comparison to the rest. I think round 7 of the second fight is one of the best rounds of modern boxing. Their second fight is probably my favourite. Just watch the whole fight though you slackers. Great stuff.

Last edited by BennyST; 01-05-2012 at 02:21 AM.
BennyST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-05-2012, 02:05 AM #2
motherfuc

Quoted: 790 Post(s)
GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,054,600,376.30
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Between two of my favourite fighters from the last decade. Both highly underrated and both incredibly skilled fighters. These fights are when Sahaprom was in his prime, still two years before he first fought Hasagawa in 2006, before getting knocked out in the rematch, ending his great reign as BW king (imo).

Nishioka had been steadily plying his trade and learning quickly. Like some other great fighters, he had a rough start to his career and learned the hard way, all his losses coming reasonably early in his career in some tough fights before getting the long deserved recognition as the fighter he is today while being undefeated since 2004.

This is the big rivalry of both these guys careers. They fought four times, drew twice, with Sahaprom at his best winning the other two. First, second and third fight. Enjoy.

I'm new to Nishioka as a fighter. What would you say was it that stopped him from ever getting a win on the scorecards in this rivalry?
GrandpaBernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 AM #3
Shhhh...

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,775,550,785,175,425.00
Total Points: 2,825,581,018,361,401.50
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov For schooling these cats about Maidana's defense. - punchr Something to wash that donut down. - punchr 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
I'm new to Nishioka as a fighter. What would you say was it that stopped him from ever getting a win on the scorecards in this rivalry?
Sahaprom. Seriously.

He was a great fighter at that stage in his career and I had him as one of the top P4P fighters at the time. They were all close fights though but I think Sahaprom was just that touch sharper at that point. You could argue that two of the fights could have gone either way, and being draws was definitely fair scoring even being in Japan.

It wasn't like he's one of those guys that only just does enough to win, or is always in close fights because he's not. I think Sahaprom was just a bloody great fighter and Nishioka was unlucky to have fought him at his absolute best, rather than when Hasagawa got him when he was significantly slower and older.

For instance, in the second fight, he started out fast and did great early, then Sahaprom came back in the middle rounds, but throughout it all he was landing hard body shots which just sapped him that little bit for the last quarter of the fight. But it was a close hard fought war which both guys did great in.

Last edited by BennyST; 01-05-2012 at 03:19 AM.
BennyST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,068,734.86
I like ur avatar - zab191 For finishing 2nd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation To England - -Weltschmerz- 

Its always annoyed me how Asian fighters and fights dont get any respect from the western world....but thats just how it is.

Im glad Youtube is around otherwise i would miss great fights like these and the more recent ones.
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:20 AM #5
Big dog

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,241,325,674.98
Total Points: 103,329,219,355.25
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Ive only been aware of Nishioka since he dominated one of my domestic favourites Munroe,will have too watch more of his old stuff thanks for the heads-up
The_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 PM #6
All-Time Great

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond reputeShadows has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 371,363,634,310.86
Total Points: 4,572,515,107,361.84
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Actually an apple and a tuna melt. I'm drunk lol - mangler To the fight night aficionado - Stoppage Popcorn for fight nights - Stoppage My nizzle! - We$ley 
NY style pizza! - -FkkMeKJ- Mr. 118 - Dick Buffman getting you back - mathed for you - mathed Watch Bill Murray flicks on this - SouthpawSwagger 
Give this to your bomb azn sister....no offence - Heeb Happy new year! - Toney Loc 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
Between two of my favourite fighters from the last decade. Both highly underrated and both incredibly skilled fighters. These fights are when Sahaprom was in his prime, their last one still two years before he first fought Hasagawa in 2006 losing his title and the first in 2000.

Nishioka had been steadily plying his trade and learning quickly. Like some other great fighters, he had a rough start to his career and learned the hard way, all his losses coming reasonably early in his career in some tough fights before getting the long deserved recognition as the fighter he is today while being undefeated since 2004 the last fight with Sahaprom.

They are all great fights. Very closely contested, except for the last one maybe in comparison to the rest. I think round 7 of the second fight is one of the best rounds of modern boxing. Their second fight is probably my favourite. Just watch the whole fight though you slackers. Great stuff.
Great thread.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

In regards to the bold, I remember scoring it for Sahaprom 10-2. I haven't scored it in some time though. Still, I recall every round being competitive, it's just that Sahaprom seemed to do a little something extra in each round that wouldn't allow me to score it for Nishioka; I remember her him not being able to miss with a counter right hand specifically.

I would have loved to have seen Sahaprom versus the likes of Austin and Marquez. Regardless, the more success Nishioka has, the better it looks for Sahaprom.
Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:20 PM #7
Interim Champion

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
lightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond reputelightsout_finit has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,774,462,162,732,667.25
Total Points: 1,774,462,163,742,286.00
Thanks - danny711 Thanks. - Round 1 A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 No Message - -jose- 

Good to see there are veerapol fans out there.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.

Always liked this guy, he was truly a great bantamweight champ.
lightsout_finit is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing., modern, rivalries, unknown

User Tag List