Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,891,078,630.25
Total Points: 112,631,440,957.41
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  "you'll need it" - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 
Default Past heavyweight champions got hit A LOT

Joe Louis. . . Ali. . . Foreman. . . Frazier. . . They all got tagged so damn much!

Why is this? Why didn't the modern heavyweight greats like Lennox Lewis and the Klitschko's get hit that much? Even Holmes. . . I think it's because of the evolution of the sport. . . If you look at the champions from each fistic era, you can clearly tell they got better in regards to technique. . .

For example, Ali, who had a tremendous outside game, still got tagged and rocked on the reggie. . . Then you look at Vitali, who hardly EVER gets hit cleanly, much less rocked. . . HAS HE EVER BEEN KNOCKED DOWN?! LOL Ali has lost more rounds in one fight than vitali has THROUGH HIS ENTIRE CAREER!!

Discuss the evolution of the sport from the turn of the century up to now using the heavyweight division as an example. . .
UglyPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
TheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,568,015,645,127.00
Total Points: 7,569,015,958,737.98
To a great poster!! - abosworth great poster. - Melly-Mel For finding the Guzman stream, when nobody else could. - The_Bringer Just wanted to keep the pattern going Machine - danc1984 One of NSBs best contributors - BostonGuy 
7000 posts, congrats!! - JAB5239 To the LinkMaster! - S a m u r a i Respects to a great poster - Gift Of Gab Props on the picture! :lol1: - Spacey1991 Jussi Jääskeläinen - ЯiZО 
For Busting Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 To Celebrate The Exposure Of Rafael Benitez aka Slimey Limey - poet682006 thanks for the lesson! - mellow_mood This gift is for the videos you posted on my Tyson/Patterson thread a while back.  I recently noticed you posted some great interview videos of Patterson on the thread which I missed at the time because I didn’t follow up on checking the responses. - Benny Leonard For doing a great Glen Johnson highlight video! - St Lion 
To a great historian - Stoppage Good debate. No hard feelings. - Method Checker HERES TO YOU LEFTY - markbnlv Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen No Message - dancovboxer 
Hepatitis C - BattlingNelson World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MARKBNLV 

Vitali and Lewis hit each other with 50% accuracy which shows that their defense is below par against opponents of their own size.
TheGreatA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:39 PM #3
Banned

UglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond reputeUglyPug has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Tha_Greatest I ran over a cat today so I'm celebrating with Pizza - Terrel Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas x x x - *Boss Lady* Feliz Navidad pug - MANIAC310 
Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 
ASU 34 Michigan 32 - Mountain Man 10k - MANIAC310 Taking a bite out of crime - VERSATILE2K12 welcome back bro - MANIAC310 welcome back - Larry.X. 
for speaking the truth about ghetto youths - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Cheers! - dan_cov Another, enjoy the fights! - dan_cov GOAT poster - I'm so sorry 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Hous Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
Vitali and Lewis hit each other with 50% accuracy which shows that their defense is below par against opponents of their own size.
Why did prima carnera get hit a lot by joe louis? wasn't he a lot bigger? hmmm, maybe, JUST MAYBE, height is only one aspect that determines the ability of a pugilist to beat his opponent?

Ali was 4 inches taller than joe frazier, and he got beat the hell up by frazier. . .
Old 10-27-2011, 01:56 PM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
E-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond reputeE-Thug has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,001,014,000,001,024,000.00
Hilarious - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglypug View Post
Why did prima carnera get hit a lot by joe louis? wasn't he a lot bigger? hmmm, maybe, JUST MAYBE, height is only one aspect that determines the ability of a pugilist to beat his opponent?

Ali was 4 inches taller than joe frazier, and he got beat the hell up by frazier. . .
HAHAHAHAHA what fight were you watching? No one beat the **** outta each other like you claim. It was a close fight. And I used to think you were a good poster.

Last edited by JAB5239; 10-27-2011 at 07:44 PM.
E-Thug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:56 PM #5
Banned

Happy Holidays Pugz!! - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. como un Jefe! - MANIAC310 compliments of Mr. Cardo  &quot;you'll need it&quot; - Rockin' no homo - MANIAC310 

maybe it's an indication of the difference of competition? BUT NOT SIZE! LOL. . .

still, fighters who were extremely crude were able to bash up Ali. . .

heavyweight fighters from the 1900's through the 1970's simply were not able to "read and react". . . Starting with Holmes, to Lewis, to the Klitschkos, you can see a new dimension take hold.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:58 PM #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza305 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA what fight were you watching? No one beat the **** outta each other like you claim. It was a close fight. And I used to think you were a good poster but you're just another Klit licker
Yeah, a good fight, I AGREE! AN EXCELLENT FIGHT! But why was it such a good fight? Because Frazier got the shyt kicked outta him by Ali, and Ali got the shyt kicked outta him by Frazier!

I was just DEBUNKING the theory that "size" is the reason a fighter is able to win. . .

Also just showing the evolution of the sport. . . Fighters gradually got techically superior with each passing era.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:00 PM #7
Banned

this thread is not about the klitschkos. . . it's about THE HISTORY of the heavyweight division. . . THE EVOLUTION of heavyweight fighters from past to present. . .

It's about every heavyweight fighter of the past, and WHY they were so vulnerable to being hit cleanly? If you notice, with each passing generation, the "heavyweight champ" took less and less damage. . .
Old 10-27-2011, 02:06 PM #8
undisputed

Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,794,691,733,026,346.00
Total Points: 7,806,734,738,273,924.00
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
loves muhammad's c0ck - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglypug View Post
maybe it's an indication of the difference of competition? BUT NOT SIZE! LOL. . .

still, fighters who were extremely crude were able to bash up Ali. . .

heavyweight fighters from the 1900's through the 1970's simply were not able to "read and react". . . Starting with Holmes, to Lewis, to the Klitschkos, you can see a new dimension take hold.
Who were these "extremely crude" fighters "bashing" up Ali?

I don't know if you're trolling or not. But everything you're posting in this thread is extremely ignorant.
joseph5620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:20 PM #9
Interim Champion

kendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,177,599.15

Care to explain what techniques were available to Holmes and the Klits that Louis was deficient at?
kendom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:24 PM #10
Big dog

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,241,325,674.98
Total Points: 103,329,215,530.25
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

The heavyweight division is arguably at its worst right now,their are two decent champions and thats it-you wonder why Ali and Frazier had such competitive fights,its because they were both great fighters,you pretty much answered your own question with the initial post,stick the klits in together and see how much they get hit,its all about level of competition my friend

Last edited by The_Demon; 10-27-2011 at 02:28 PM.
The_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
champions, heavyweight, past

User Tag List