Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-20-2011, 04:05 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,984,695.75
Default Kennedy McKinney

What do you think of him? He was a talented fighter for sure, but somehow it seems he was better as amateur than pro. Lost some important fights to underdogs. He made a good and brave effort against Barrera but in the end Barrera's fury became too much. His stoppage of Junior Jones was very surprising since Jones was younger and a favorite while everybody pretty much wrote McKinney off at the time as finished. Jones had just beaten Barrera twice also.

All in all, a skilled boxer who could hit pretty hard when needed.
Pastrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-20-2011, 04:17 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

SCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond reputeSCtrojansbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 30,380,517.85
No Message - Toney616 Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Christmas amigo - chav 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

Very solid fighter who had A level talent
SCtrojansbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:01 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,087,373.04
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Yea, great fighter in several very entertaining fights. His biggest flaw was his tendency to be quite easily hit. The Barrera fight was a war.

From memory (it was a while ago I last saw the fight), Junior Jones got tired of hitting him......then in turn got knocked out!
Sugarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 AM #4
! ! ! !

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 156,191,111,391.41
Total Points: 156,191,134,694.33

I really liked McKinney. He never acheived greatness, but he was very, very good. He was a sharp fighter with skills and a helluva right hand. He could box, but could not resist a shootout.

His title winning KO of Welcome Ncita is one of the most dramatic come-from-behind wins of the last 20 years, and definitely one of the best one-punch KOs.
jabsRstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM #5
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Terry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond reputeTerry A has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,400,095,537.47
Start you off mate your first gift.. - The Gully Gad To one of boxingscenes best - JAB5239 Thanks for the boxing mags! - hunkysoupbone get well soon - NewYork For Quality posting and for being such a genuine dude! - The Surgeon 
Missed having you around, Have a beer pal - McGoorty A true historian. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson 

I always liked watching his fights. He always gave it his all.

I think (and Pastrano, this is my OPINION) that he's one of those fighters who had a lot of wear & tear on him. He got hit often & I think that his amateur career, combined with the number of fights & level of competition he fought in his pro career, just wore him down quicker than some others guys may have worn out. Everybody has a different body and tolerance to punishment. Look at how young Sean O'Grady was when he wore out.
Still, I think he was a very good fighter.
Terry A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:30 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,984,695.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry A View Post
I always liked watching his fights. He always gave it his all.

I think (and Pastrano, this is my OPINION) that he's one of those fighters who had a lot of wear & tear on him. He got hit often & I think that his amateur career, combined with the number of fights & level of competition he fought in his pro career, just wore him down quicker than some others guys may have worn out. Everybody has a different body and tolerance to punishment. Look at how young Sean O'Grady was when he wore out.
Still, I think he was a very good fighter.
You are entitled to your opinion, but im also entitled to disagreeing with it. Capisce?
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
No grudge here, just wanna make that understood. I never said you had no right to your own opinion. But I have the right to say its wrong.
Pastrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:40 PM #7
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
King Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these partsKing Kong is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,474.08

Love him beyond words. In my personal 5 fav of All-Time. Nice to see a thread on King Kennedy jump out from the main index.
King Kong is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
kennedy, mckinney

User Tag List