No announcement yet.

How would Jack Johnson versus Joe Louis play out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Jack Johnson versus Joe Louis play out

If these 2 had ever met up,how do you see this fight playing out?

I think the fact that Joe Louis throws some of the crispest combinations in boxing history, combined with the fact that not many fighters of Johnson's era punched in combination.

It would be a technical game and i think Louis decisions him.

Comment

Jack Blackburn went with Johnson, I will too. I think Johnson does very well H2H

Amazing fight though, best offensive heavyweight versus the best defensive heavyweight, in my opinion.

Comment

I'd love to see this match up head to head.I know Joe was more technically advanced.but i think Johnson's defense and power would give Joe issues with his flatfooted style

Comment

Johnson make it ugly and hard to score for a long time but Louis eventually stops him late.

Poet

Comment

A Johnson win isn't out of the question but I lean toward Louis. Surprisingly I think Langford is a tougher styles match up for Joe. Any opinions on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Jack Blackburn went with Johnson, I will too. I think Johnson does very well H2H

Amazing fight though, best offensive heavyweight versus the best defensive heavyweight, in my opinion.

You beat me to it, if Chappie Blackburn felt that Johnson would beat Louis (who he was almost like a father to), I'd tend to agree with him too.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                I think the fact that Joe Louis throws some of the crispest combinations in boxing history, combined with the fact that not many fighters of Johnson's era punched in combination.

It would be a technical game and i think Louis decisions him.

However, Johnson punched with superb combinations. Check out the films. The Burns fight and even some of the early rounds against Willard demonstrate that he was every bit as good a combination puncher as Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                  However, Johnson punched with superb combinations. Check out the films. The Burns fight and even some of the early rounds against Willard demonstrate that he was every bit as good a combination puncher as Louis.

Comment

jack johnson would eat him alive and he could knock him out whenever he wanted after the 6th.

Comment

Working...
                    X