Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SERIOUS QUESTION: Is Victor Ortiz The Third Best Welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No and he never was, that's what annoyed so many about this match-up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      No and he never was, that's what annoyed so many about this match-up.
      Who was/is?

Comment

We're really gonna need a tourney at 147, it'd definitely be exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          Who was/is?
          you'll probably say they've moved up etc but both Cotto and Margarito are willing to fight at 147, ditto Clottey and I'm not sure Ortiz is that much better than Zaveck who (most felt) was beating Berto too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            We're really gonna need a tourney at 147, it'd definitely be exciting.
            But the guys you'll be dealing with are almost the same guys at JWW who was having a tourney before and the road only leads to the winner between Amir and Tim Bradley. Jeez, how I wish those guys should've fought each other first so we could all move on. But I think, a test fight of Pac vs Tim Bradley and May vs Amir before they fight each other would be good for boxing too unless either Pac and/or May loses in their respective fights.

@ topic
            Pac and May are like the Klitschkos of WW. They are the best there is but has never fought. However, I would give Pac more props because unlike the Klitchskos, who are a lot bigger than their opponents (although their skills are unquestionable), Manny is a lot smaller.
            Last edited by dosepulgada; 09-23-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

He is 3rd some nights and more of a scrub other nights. He's just a weird dude. But I don't think he will ever have the mental capacity to be a consistent champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                Yes, I would pick Ortiz in all of those fights unless Floyd finished him. I think he was killing himself to make weight and will be way better at WW. That Southpaw style will give people hell
                Yep, it's Zab Judah all over again.

And, the dude is what? 24? It's going to be years of this bullshit type of thinking.

SMH.

Comment

Clottey beats him, that's if he's still fighting.

all the 147 lbers seemed to have moved up, Cotto would have killed him and Margarito too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    you'll probably say they've moved up etc but both Cotto and Margarito are willing to fight at 147, ditto Clottey and I'm not sure Ortiz is that much better than Zaveck who (most felt) was beating Berto too.
                    I seriously thought Marg couldn't make 147 anymore.

Comment

The question is who will Pacquiao fight next if a fight with Floyd can't be made? Floyd still has Kahn and Martinez at 154 if he is felling froggy, but all PAC would have as an option is Bardley or someone at 140 maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X