Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cortez's mess up did not ruin the fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cortez's mess up did not ruin the fight!

The only think Cortez did wrong was allow the fighters to continue BEFORE starting the clock....

Now what's sacrificed then? Just that the fighters get a few extra second (even less in fact) to go at it.

Maybe not focusing on the fighters is what confused Ortiz, but once the referee says "Lets go" your focus should not be on what he does afterward, it should be on your opponent.

So be real. I don't even like Cortez and I think he's incompetent, but in this particular fight, he's getting a lot more blame for than he deserves. The blame is on ORTIZ.... And if u want to be petty "also Mayweather"

But the BASE of the blame is on Oritz, and Cortez did nothing wrong (or at least nothing to cause controversy)

THINK ABOUT IT JACKAZZ!!!

Yeah Cortez started the fight, but apparently the clock wasn't running, that's why he turned to the ringside table. I see it as a miscommunication between the REF and the ringside table. Nevertheless, it's the ring and Ortiz was extremely naive to trust Floyd in there, knowing full well from his past fights, that he doesn't want to touch gloves.

Also it's just my opinion Floyd was a little shocked when his lead left staggered Ortiz so badly....

Comment

Legal blow or whatever but a cheap shot like that is not how a champion and self proclaimed all time great should have to do to win a fight. He should of told vic to put his hands up n fight.

Comment

I blame cotez for telling to hug for the 3rd time! Instead of telling them to fight!!.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
          The only think Cortez did wrong was allow the fighters to continue BEFORE starting the clock....

Now what's sacrificed then? Just that the fighters get a few extra second (even less in fact) to go at it.

Maybe not focusing on the fighters is what confused Ortiz, but once the referee says "Lets go" your focus should not be on what he does afterward, it should be on your opponent.

So be real. I don't even like Cortez and I think he's incompetent, but in this particular fight, he's getting a lot more blame for than he deserves. The blame is on ORTIZ.... And if u want to be petty "also Mayweather"

But the BASE of the blame is on Oritz, and Cortez did nothing wrong (or at least nothing to cause controversy)

The bold is where the problem lies. Usually the ref calls time in 1st, then motions the fighters to box. Not the other way around. It makes no sense to tell the fighters to fight then divert your attention to the time keeper. Call time in, then focus your attention on the fighters, Cortez did not do that. Just like the ref does not send the fighters to fight then signal for the round to start.

Comment

Ortiz was naive, whatever the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mesher View Post
              Legal blow or whatever but a cheap shot like that is not how a champion and self proclaimed all time great should have to do to win a fight. He should of told vic to put his hands up n fight.
              Irrelevant... That's been said to death.

But, just to reply: In the end, it was obviously that Floyd didn't HAVE to do that to win, so there's no gripe.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              The bold is where the problem lies. Usually the ref calls time in 1st, then motions the fighters to box. Not the other way around. It makes no sense to tell the fighters to fight then divert your attention to the time keeper. Call time in, then focus your attention on the fighters, Cortez did not do that. Just like the ref does not send the fighters to fight then signal for the round to start.
              True, like I said, he's an incompetent ref, but that little event had nothing to do with how the fight ended. The fight ended becuz Ortiz made a rookie mistake.... That's the point

I hate when I have to spell it out for people

Comment

when cortez says "time in" to the time keeper, he's supposed to do that before the fight action starts, and both fighters are to be set up across one another, NOT "LET'S GO" and yall fight while I go over and start ****ing with the front row.....

with the time on the clock, cortez should've been right there almost in between them anyways to SEPARATE them for the END OF ROUND!!!!

IT IS CORTEZ'S JOB TO KEEP ALL EYES ON THE FIGHTERS WHILE TIME IS CALLED IN!!!

HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF THE TOP IN HIS PROFESSION AND HAVE A MILLENNIUM YEARS WORTH OF RING EXPERIENCE............. AND THIS INCOMPETENCE IS WHAT WE GOT!?!?!? GET THE **** OUT OF HERE WITH THAT WEAK ****!!!!

joe cortez is the INSIDE MAN on an INSIDE JOB.

nothing was organic in that outcome, nothing was professional, and it was all too convenient for those picking up paychecks and cashing in bets on the 4th round............

boxing has been a sport that has had FIXED fights since it's inception, why would this be any different..... all you really need to do in boxing, just like in horse racing is pay off, extort, blackmail, or threaten ONE GUY!!!!

i think there were more parties involved, but what makes people think that it didn't happen this weekend!?!?!

to me cortez is the key to all of this because he was supposed to restore order to the fight, he was supposed to do his job in staying on top of the fighters and keep his EYES ON THEM, and he should've been right there on top of the action when the round was so close to coming to an end......

instead he doesn't even take a look until ortiz is on the ground looking for his contact lens.........

fishy isnt the word for this.......

Comment

Cortez did ruin the fight. He should have warned Victor after the 1st, 2nd or 3rd headbutts because he was obviously doing it blatantly. Had he done his job when the first butts happened, he may have prevented the whole debacle.

He clearly does not have the awareness or the competency to be ref'ing big fights anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post

LOL please, for one Cortez didn't even have the fighters go to the neutral corners during the stoppage. Already fail number 1, secondly HE WASN'T EVEN PAYING ATTENTION when they knockdown happened.

If that isn't a failure of a ref then nothing is.

Comment

Working...
                    X