No announcement yet.

The Warriors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Warriors

Anybody bought it? I'm wanting to and I will eventually just to have it. I liked the film. Game looks like it is one of those that you play through once and you're finished with it, even though it looks decent for a beat'em up type. Sort of a PS2 double dragon I guess.

well I just bought it. I know, I'm a sucker for 80s ****. Its 1979, but so close.

Comment

is it any good??

Comment

just ordered it yesterday off Ebay. It won't be here until hopefully by Saturday. Gotta go get my PS2 back from my friend.

Comment

It got a good review on gamespot.

Comment

I've bought all the GTA games (except the PSP one), Manhunt, and Red Dead Revolver. Rockstar has probably definitely made some ****ty games, but I like what I've played that I knew was Rockstar.

Manhunt and Red Dead, you really couldn't play those very long. I have a feeling The Warriors will be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by masterdirector
              I've bought all the GTA games (except the PSP one), Manhunt, and Red Dead Revolver. Rockstar has probably definitely made some ****ty games, but I like what I've played that I knew was Rockstar.

Manhunt and Red Dead, you really couldn't play those very long. I have a feeling The Warriors will be the same.
              I loved manhunt. Though I can see how it got repetitive, I just loved the different scenarios, and oh yea, it was the only game I had before my xbox was modded.

Comment

Originally posted by drez24
                I loved manhunt. Though I can see how it got repetitive, I just loved the different scenarios, and oh yea, it was the only game I had before my xbox was modded.
                Yeah I loved it too when I first played it. But I beat it in like 2 days, then after 3-4 days I couldn't play it anymore.

I loved the cutscenes and the whole gritty look to it. They had some good camera angles and I liked the whole Starkweather thing. The changes to the security looking camera, all that.

Comment

Well, started playing The Warriors. Definitely worth a buy if you liked The Warriors the movie. But buy it as cheap as you can, of course.

Pretty addicting game. I'm surprised at how much I've enjoyed it. You run around the streets of New York in 1979 prior to when the movie starts, which is cool to see the storyline stuff Rockstar added. And their storyline things actually make sense and really tie in quite well, so far. I'm wondering if they stop where the movie ends, can't quite tell right now but I think they may go beyond the movie's ending. Even if they don't, its fine.

I like how they show you how the Warriors actually came to be formed. You do these optional bonus missions that take you into 1978 and you do missions that show how the Warriors came to be.

I'm being a bit vague here, just don't want to spoil anything.

Can you dig it?

Comment

I love the game. I'm pretty sure it's more violent than any GTA game I've played. I beat it last week. Awesome game.

Comment

Working...
                    X