No announcement yet.

Ab crunches...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ab crunches...

Okay, let's have a quick rundown first before I most likely get trolled on.

I'm 5'11, 160 pounds. I do tricep extensions, bicep curls, and deltoid exercises with 30-35 pound dumbells, can do around 35-40 push-ups in one set, and can do 100 crunches in one set (but take upwards of 8-10 minutes). Not looking to get extremely fit or toned, but at least somewhat fit. I don't have a gut or anything, I've ran for the past two years and the longest jog I've taken lasted an hour when I jogged 5-6 miles downtown.

Here's the thing. I've been thinking of joining the military and one of the PT requirements is that one be able to perform 60 crunches in ONE minute. That's the minimum. If you do a certain amount, you're awarded special recognitions and whatnot, but never mind that. From what I gather, the crunches are performed by doing FULL sit-ups (meaning you have to be sitting up in order for it to be counted), arms crossed firmly across your chest, and keeping the neck straight so as to not pull into the crunch.

My question is: How the hell is this even possible? I'd probably understand if it were half-crunches because you can shave off some seconds there, but full-situps adds more to it.

Reminder, it's the FINAL PT test, but I still can't visualize how someone can pull in 60 full situ-ups per minute as a bare minimum. I've tried doing this and I clock in at 1:57-1:58.

Tips/Suggestions?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate it!

practice doing them quickly to build up quick twitch muscles....

u should get better.....

i was the same way....

and for my Fitness test at school i did 62 in one minute because i trained doing them fast...

also...

Why do u have a picture of my GF as your avatar!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      practice doing them quickly to build up quick twitch muscles....

u should get better.....

i was the same way....

and for my Fitness test at school i did 62 in one minute because i trained doing them fast...

also...

Why do u have a picture of my GF as your avatar!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Thanks for the feedback, man! I'm working on it. But I can't cut the time yet. It's still early, been at it for a week, so I'm hoping I can knock off 15-20 seconds every 2 weeks or so.

Comment

itll take a month or two...

remember to havea few rest days a week for recovery...

seriously though...

that my GF!

Comment

nope that my ho ho ho hahah

Comment

Working...
          X