Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 AM #1
Strong champion.

Quoted: 4052 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 407,324,733,403,347,328.00
Total Points: 10,507,330,736,085,217,280.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default Hernia

What do you guys know about them?
has anybody ever gotten one // know anybody who has?

the injury doesn't have to be related to boxing
mine certainly was not
i'll be heading to the doctor to get it checked out soon (had to wait on hold for 15 mins to get an appt, couldnt get seen for a week and a half. **** done changed :/ )

i'd like to know what i can expect from somebody who has experience with it
how much work i should expect to have to miss if i'm going to be getting the thing operated on / removed

thanks and cheers
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2011, 12:38 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,903.62

Are you sure you have one? cause like, they're unbelievably agonising and i'm sure you'd know if you had one.

They'll either push it back in by hand or they'll have to operate; if it's the latter I imagine recovery will be in the weeks/months catagory.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM #3
Strong champion.

Quoted: 4052 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 407,324,733,403,347,328.00
Total Points: 10,507,330,736,085,217,280.00
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
Are you sure you have one? cause like, they're unbelievably agonising and i'm sure you'd know if you had one.

They'll either push it back in by hand or they'll have to operate; if it's the latter I imagine recovery will be in the weeks/months catagory.

over the course of my years i've gotten many of the bumps and dings you can get

i've pulled lots of muscles almost everywhere on my body (save the groin, which is originally what i thought i did)
broken a toe or finger or knuckle on each hand and foot. knocked off finger and toenails
gotten the sprains and strains and stretches that come standard with a very active life both in youth and as an adult

this one is very very different. from what i've heard of hernias (and how you get them... i was moving an unbelievably heavy object) i'd venture a guess that i've got one.

it's not an injury to tissues that i'm used to hurting / injuring
you know what it feels like to pull a muscle or tear something
break a bone, get a deep wound, etc

i'm not familiar with the sensation in the least
but it's got me going to the doctor in the first time in years

i felt something tear in my lower stomach area on the left side
and it's not gotten any better.

thanks for your input. the doctor will certainly let me know if i've got one. just thought i'd let you know that i'm not some ***** complaining about a stomach ache haha.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
hernia

User Tag List