Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 06-05-2011, 09:33 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond reputePastrano has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,994,572.75
Default Battling Siki

This guy was quite a character. I believe he was the first African world champion, is that correct? His ko victory over Georges Carpentier must have been one of the biggest upsets in history. I think Carpentier vastly underated him, but still. He was Carpentier...

Shame Siki could not control himself outside the ring and sometimes not even inside. I believe he woulda remained champion if he trained more and partied less, just like so many other "oldtimers". Baer and Johansson spring to mind mostly. Siki was also a WW1 hero, decorated. Then it all came to head and he got shot after a brawl in a speakeasy.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Only 28 years old.
Pastrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-14-2011, 02:05 PM #2
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
alexd* is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 362.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrano View Post
This guy was quite a character. I believe he was the first African world champion, is that correct? His ko victory over Georges Carpentier must have been one of the biggest upsets in history. I think Carpentier vastly underated him, but still. He was Carpentier...

Shame Siki could not control himself outside the ring and sometimes not even inside. I believe he woulda remained champion if he trained more and partied less, just like so many other "oldtimers". Baer and Johansson spring to mind mostly. Siki was also a WW1 hero, decorated. Then it all came to head and he got shot after a brawl in a speakeasy.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Only 28 years old.
He certainly was a character. He had a pet lion that he regularly paraded through Paris on a leash! There's a good book on him by Peter Benson.
alexd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
La_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond reputeLa_Vibora has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,466,557,702.91
Total Points: 3,181,736,233.72

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
La_Vibora is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
battling, siki

User Tag List