Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-31-2011, 01:48 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Devroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,015,731.04
Default Help me gain my weight

Hey, I'm Devroy Jones from India. And I'm sixteen years old. I'm a pretty good boxer IMO. My only problem is I'm blatantly underweight. I'm 5'9 and I weigh just 100 lbs (46 kgs).
In order to improve my punch power and get into a suitable weight class (I aint even flyweight yet) please do help me gain my weight. I promise I will strictly adhere to your suggestions. Now, help me out on this one.
I train for two hours everyday but am still slim with not much 'biceps' or triceps or much of a figure really. My boxing coach has told me to gain 4 kgs within a month and then continue boxing. otherwise it becomes pointless. I agree. Now its upto u guys to help me gain this weight. Thanks in advance.
Devroy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-31-2011, 01:58 PM #2
Banned

Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 253,293,153.06

10lbs in a month is a little steep unless you want it to be sloppy weight.

Just increase your protein and calorie intake. Eat about 200g of protein per day from good sources like Chicken, Fish, Beef, Eggs. And I'd say increase your calories to about 3000-4000 per day.

Simply put if you want to gain weight, Workout hard and eat right.
Jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 65,421,118,692.40
Total Points: 65,622,364,875.72
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

shame that is very slim. A lot of middle eastern people don't seem to have a lot of muscle mass. Even Khan as hard as he trains is a slim guy when you compare him to Pacquiao and Mosley who look very strong. I would say just eat a lot and lift weights, then once you got some muscle, convert it too boxing muscle.
them_apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 PM #4
Interim Champion

Pony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 83,094.50

If your training two hours a day, you need to do a post workout recovery and get plenty of sleep (8 to 10 hours). This is when your body repairs the muscle and makes them bigger not when your actually working out. Try taking a whey or egg protein shake within 20 minutes after you train with your meal.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 AM #5
Up and Comer

Devroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud ofDevroy Jones has much to be proud of

How much do you think I will grow?
As i said I'm 5'9 and 100 lbs at sixteen years of age. At about, say 20 years, what will be my weight and height?

Keeping that in mind, suggest a weight division for me.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:03 AM #6
Up and Comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
shame that is very slim. A lot of middle eastern people don't seem to have a lot of muscle mass. Even Khan as hard as he trains is a slim guy when you compare him to Pacquiao and Mosley who look very strong. I would say just eat a lot and lift weights, then once you got some muscle, convert it too boxing muscle.
You are probably right. A lot of middle-eastern people are very slim. Its probably just our genes. However we do have our exceptionshttp://www.google.co.in/imgres?imgur...bih=601http://
Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 AM #7
Gunslinger

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,976,681,520,156,674.00
Total Points: 2,976,681,520,345,318.00
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Buy a mass gainer. It will make you build up some mass. Read the back label to see the serving size. Follow the directions and you should see some good results.

You'll definitely put on some weight like that. Now depending on how you train and how active/inactive you are, will decide what kind of muscle you put on.

bodybuilding dot com -should come in handy for you. Good research is key.

Note: Using bodybuilder knowledge doesn't mean you'll get big like them. It depends on how you train, that will determine your size.

Last edited by F l i c k e r; 06-01-2011 at 05:12 AM.
F l i c k e r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:17 AM #8
Amateur

Grossin is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 345.15

I have also some tips for weight gain quickly.
1.Eat More to Gain Weight Fast
2.Eat Right to Gain Weight Fast
3.Lift Weights to Gain Weight Fast
4.Choose Supplements Wisely to Gain Weight Fast

These are some simple tips for weight gain.I hope you like it.
Grossin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:52 AM #9
Up and Comer

I am following what all of u guys are saying. And I'm eatin till I'm full and workin out till I collapse. Also I'm having a bottle of Pepsi everyday after my meal. I'm tryin everythin now. Real thanks for all ur suggestions. And lets hope I will be 125 lbs before I'm 18.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:01 AM #10
Gunslinger

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,976,681,520,156,674.00
Total Points: 2,976,681,520,345,318.00
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroy Jones View Post
I am following what all of u guys are saying. And I'm eatin till I'm full and workin out till I collapse. Also I'm having a bottle of Pepsi everyday after my meal. I'm tryin everythin now. Real thanks for all ur suggestions. And lets hope I will be 125 lbs before I'm 18.

Here bro. Follow this link.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gainers.htm

Then get to lifting weights. Weight lifting builds muscle faster. Don't know why people want to say "i don't lift weights" so bad. Nothing wrong with it, just depends on what you do with it.

ps: watch the video. enhance knowledge. then choose your weapon!

Last edited by F l i c k e r; 06-02-2011 at 03:04 AM.
F l i c k e r is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
gain, weight

User Tag List