No announcement yet.

Why you should naturally root for Katsidis against Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    His wife was dying of cancer his head was not in the fight,i will never talk sht about the ghost for that fight imagine if it was you.
    If you're dealing with something like that, and it's effecting you psychologically, don't get in the ring. It's that simple. If you're not 100% ready to go come fight time, you don't get a free pass from me. That would be like me leaving work early because I was hungover. A fighter has an obligation to the fans watching him fight to bring his best. If he cannot do that come fight night, and loses because of it, it's irrelevant in my eyes.

If I have a personal issue that's effecting my job performance, I'm not going to get cut any slack. And I don't make nearly the money these guys do. Pulling a quit job, and blaming a personal issue for it as an excuse, to me is a copout.

No free passes on quit jobs with boxing fans. Vitali quit with a torn rotator cuff, and still gets ripped for it to this day. I've never torn my rotator cuff, but from what I understand it's a potentially career-threatening injury. Vitali chose to fight another day rather than risk severe injury, and he still gets ripped.

And rightfully so, in my eyes. A boxer should fight to the absolute finish in my eyes. If your corner or the ref stops it, that's one thing. But to flat-out quit is inexcusable. It's better to lose when injured than to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      His wife was dying of cancer his head was not in the fight,i will never talk sht about the ghost for that fight imagine if it was you.
      I can understand your logic bro; but the truth of the matter is, he didnt have to take the fight; he couldve pulled out, but instead he chose to move forward with it; if he wasnt in the right mind state, he didnt have to go ahead with the fight; but he did, and at that point, your personal life takes a backseat, and its strictly business side; you cant really use that as an excuse; if you decide to go forward with a fight, your duty in the ring is to entertain the fans, I know this may sound a bit insensitive, but nothing outside of it should play a role in what you do while youre in it

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Katsidis will lose yet another big fight.
        Told ya. Guerrero was actually pretty masterful tonight.

Comment

Working...
        X