Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
October is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these partsOctober is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 16,777.17
Default Off-balance when throwing combos / straight punches

Hey guys,

Any advice for improving balance and foot positioning when throwing punches in bunches and overhand rights?

Basically, I'm off-balance whenever I throw the overhand right (land with upper-body weight too far forward and to the left). If I'm deliberate and conscious of this, I can correct it each time, but I'd like to reduce it to muscle memory and not have to actively think about my balance each time I throw punches.

As an indicator of where a problem might be: I have lots of trouble with certain lateral jump exercises (the basics are very easy, but something like lateral jumps over a barbell, for example, are very difficult for me to maintain my balance with).

Short of being trained by Emmanuel Steward, do you guys have any tips for correcting this?
October is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<

Share This With Friends

Tags
combos, off-balance, punches, straight, throwing

User Tag List