Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 sucks majorly!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Marvel vs Capcom 3 sucks majorly!!!

I waited for this game for years after buying part 1 and 2 and they ruined the series with this new installment. They dumbed it down seriously to make it easier for any scrub to play. The controls have been so simplified that anybody can get on and pull off combo's. If you were looking for your favorite characters from part 2 then don't. Most of them did not make it onto part 3. Save the 59.99 for Homefront on 3/15/11! The only good part about the new game is deadpool that's it. P.S. the online play sucks too.
    PS: Also they plan on making game owners pay for new characters lulz! Yeah right! I think I will wait to see how the new Mortal Kombat pans out.
    Last edited by BoxingTech718; 02-25-2011, 12:28 AM. Reason: better

It doesn't completely suck but I agree they seriously dumbed it down. And Dante is so overpowered its ridiculous

Comment

I didn't got it because I'm damned pissed at capcom for giving the game DLC characters when the game wasn't even out.

Stick with SSFIV brah, I play it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ciscofromoc View Post
        It doesn't completely suck but I agree they seriously dumbed it down. And Dante is so overpowered its ridiculous
        yup this game sucks ass. i got the hori fighting stick and u can literally use 2 buttons for combos, and 2 for special.

Comment

Tell me about it, my neighbor was teaching me how to play, I started pressing buttons and the next thing I knew I was doing air combos with all 3 of my characters simultaneously. Also, one simple attack that takes you off the ground could lead to a series of combinations, then a special!

Hate it, good thing I didn't buy it

Comment

The game isn't as horrible as it seems. I think the VAST majority of people are just regurgitating others' opinions (mainly great fighting game players). People complain about many things about the game:

1. The cast- I agree. The cast doesn't look as intriguing as in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Then again, what can be? Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 had one of the biggest rosters in fighting games in recent years. For God's sake, you started out with 24 characters and unlocked 32 more for a total of 56 characters! You had every single character from X-Men: Children of the Atom, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel Vs. Capcom ALL in one single game. You had a huge cast on both sides. Sacrifices had to be made in order to make Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Besides, there's A LOT of speculation that this game is going to get DLC character packs, which is something I am thoroughly against, but that's the way business works. Ugh. Regardless of the situation, you can't complain much about the cast. If you didn't know who you were going to get before buying the game, then you should've done a little more research before dropping $60 on it.

2. The button layout/fighting engine- Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 has been out for 10 years. For anyone who has been following the gaming business, many thought that this game (Marvel Vs. Capcom 3) would never come. Everyone played the hell outta' these games! The layout was looked upon with disdain at first when it came out: "How dare they take out the medium punches and kicks?!" Look what happened. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 still incorporates 6 buttons. The only difference is that one button has been given the purpose of launching for air combos or smashing opponents. Is it dumbed down? How so? Anybody can do air combos? If you "discovered" that by playing it yourself, then you're implying that you're a newbie. Team air combos? They give you free levels, but you have to be weary about people countering it. My only gripe with the controls is that tagging out requires you to press and hold down the assist button, which slightly delays the tag-out process which, in a game as fast-paced as this, a second can mean the difference between wanting to tag-out and wanting to keep the character in-battle. But what am I complaining about? The safe way to bring in characters is through delayed hyper combos (or hyper combo cross-over).

3. Content- The game doesn't offer much to begin with. For the casual gamer, even less. The ones who will get the most out of this are fighting gamers. You only get Arcade, Versus, Training and Mission Mode (combo trials) plus online play. That's it. As far as unlockables go, you can unlock some stuff in the gallery (models, pictures, music, endings) but it's not much to look at. If you are a casual gamer, wait for the price drop. Seriously. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME EXPECTING STORY. It's got more than MvC2, but then again MvC2 never had any to begin with. Downloadable content is something is severely bothering me. Jill and Shuma-Gorath are on the discs (albeit incomplete) and will be available on March 15th, but it seems unfair to have to drop additional money on these characters. DLC is bothersome. Sure you download it, but it never feels like it's really yours. What happens when your system gets fried? You lose it. Open another account? Sure. But you have to download all over again, and supposing (in the rare instance) you open too many accounts on too many instances, you get locked out. The DLC issue truly bothers me. And considering more characters might be on the way, it seems as though Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 might become +$100 dollar investment. It's not the issue of costumes (which is purely esthetic), it's the issue of not having a "complete" game considering you will not have all the characters, which affect gameplay.

Besides its few blemishes, I honestly think it's dumb for people to be complaining about the game so early after its release. If after a year everyone still feels the same way, then the perception is validated. But for the meantime, I say enjoy it and stop worrying other people's opinions about the game. Because at the end of day, the validation about how a game is broken, how some characters are overpowered, and how unbalanced a game is always left up to a handful of players who completely understand the game and can pull off even the most complex of combos. For the rest, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is a beautiful-to-look-at, very inviting game that offers loads of entertainment when playing amongst friends.

That's my review.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              The game isn't as horrible as it seems.......
              That's my review.
              Sorry dude but I think as most other hardcore fans will agree with me that this new MvC3 is Garbage. The facts are they dumbed the game down, lowered the amount of playable characters, and the online system sucks. The fact that the visuals look pretty doesn't mean anything in a side scrolling fighter really. Plus do they really think we are really dumb enough to keep paying for new characters lol. Oh and I didn't waste the 60.00 I played it at a friends house to see if I wanted to buy it, Thank God! Like I said I will be saving my money for Homefront and the new Mortal Kombat.

Comment

DLC is the future quit crying you fukin ******* and pay up

Comment

Played on it at a mate's yesterday and Sentinel is overpowered like a mofo. I still prefer the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    Sorry dude but I think as most other hardcore fans will agree with me that this new MvC3 is Garbage. The facts are they dumbed the game down, lowered the amount of playable characters, and the online system sucks. The fact that the visuals look pretty doesn't mean anything in a side scrolling fighter really. Plus do they really think we are really dumb enough to keep paying for new characters lol. Oh and I didn't waste the 60.00 I played it at a friends house to see if I wanted to buy it, Thank God! Like I said I will be saving my money for Homefront and the new Mortal Kombat.
                    I know they think it's garbage. Several people from the hardcore MvC2 community despise the battle system, the easy combo setups, and the high damage output (even more with X-factor). I'm not denying that the opinions of the hardcore community is negative, I'm just saying that it's idiotic for people who are NOT hardcore gamers taking hardcore players' opinions with such consideration. If these casual gamers are looking to actually play a fighting game competitively, then yeah, it makes sense for the casual gamers to listen to the hardcore players' opinions, stick to the "good" fighting games and latch on to already existing fighting game communities (MvC2, SSF4, Tekken 6, etc.)

But I just don't get how a casual player, someone who does NOT intend to play a fighting game on a competitive level (or even competed in a tournament) to be droning on and on about "how a game sucks", when in fact it's most likely that he/she himself/herself hasn't even delved deeply into the mechanics of the fighting game, exploited advanced strategies, mastered complex combos, or even figured out which attacks are OTG.

I can understand if someone says MvC3 is crap, what bothers me is when someone is saying "MvC3 is crap" just because someone said "MvC3 is crap." If you intend to play fighting games competitively, then you should listen to those at the top and take their opinions into consideration. But the reality is that it is most likely than not that most buyers are just looking for a fun game for casual play. And that's all there is to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X