No announcement yet.

Speed Bag gave me awesome results!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Bag gave me awesome results!!!

I just got a speed bag set up for xmas and I never able to really work the ball in nice rhythm due to lack of experience on the speed bag. I started off with a normal size leather bag and worked on it at least a half an hour a day, and i improved greatly. That bag got a hole in it so I bought a medium leather ball and I have mastered the basics and have supreme control w speed and even tricks haha. I love it and work on my left hook, jab and straight right also head movement. The smaller ball requires more coordination which has paid off tremendously also due to the fact i work the bag at least an hour at 3x a week.

I notice when i play basketball my defensive is insane!!! my hand eye coordination is nuts and i steal the ball a whole lot more now. Trust me i can hoop but my defense has truly increased and it is splendid haha.

So those who dont think the speedbag has its benefits think again. Im telling you my hand speed and coordination is insane!!!

Welll no one said it was useless, just it was probably the least important bag out of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
      Welll no one said it was useless, just it was probably the least important bag out of the 3.
      Theres a fair few people on here who think its totally useless and don't believe that theres any benefits from it

Comment

Originally posted by Baptist View Post
        Theres a fair few people on here who think its totally useless and don't believe that theres any benefits from it
        Well they should just go back to their MMA gym and stop posting in a boxing forum then

Comment

good for you the speed bag is a good all round tool that is beneficial not only for boxing but other sports as well

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
            I don't think any bag is less useful than the next. Each one has it's importance and as I said, the speed bag is a great tool if you use it properly. Most people think it's just for doing tricks on and looking good, there's is tons of things you can do with it.

It's funny the OP talks about basketball, since I boxed most my life, even in my 30's my hands are always fast because of it. When I play ball I get steals, knocks downs and strips.

Comment

The speed bag is awesome. I love using it. If it's easy raise the bag if you have the adjustment thing. Do it after push up's or pull ups. It really works your shoulders and arms if you switch up the pattern you're hitting it in.

Comment

I would tag you at will with my laser-like combos son!

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  I would tag you at will with my laser-like combos son!
                  You wont get by the jab

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    I don't think any bag is less useful than the next. Each one has it's importance and as I said, the speed bag is a great tool if you use it properly. Most people think it's just for doing tricks on and looking good, there's is tons of things you can do with it.

It's funny the OP talks about basketball, since I boxed most my life, even in my 30's my hands are always fast because of it. When I play ball I get steals, knocks downs and strips.
                    Well compared to a heavy and floor to ceiling bag the speed bag is the one which you hit with a technique that is the least like throwing a proper punch.

And also the speed bag promotes the least conditioning of the 3.

I am not by any means saying it is useless but it is the one bag that you would choose to do without if you had to imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X