Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does not eating enough actually make it harder to lose bodyfat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does not eating enough actually make it harder to lose bodyfat?

Is this true? I heard this somewhere and it kind of makes sense, you body actually wants to keep the fat since you arent eating enough?

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
    Is this true? I heard this somewhere and it kind of makes sense, you body actually wants to keep the fat since you arent eating enough?
    Eating 6 meals a day is the best way to keep your metabolism working and your body absorbs the nutrition better eating this way. Losing weight is tricky, it depends on the person and your calorie point. There's a certain amount of calories you eat to gain weight, a certain amount to maintain and live day to day, and a certain amount to survive. My advice is the eat the amount that maintains what your body needs, and exercise good. The fat should come off and this way your body still gets the nutrition it needs. For some people it's harder to burn fat than others. It's all about your heart rate. If you need to, buy a heart rate monitor and find out where you need to be at in training to burn off the fat you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
      Eating 6 meals a day is the best way to keep your metabolism working and your body absorbs the nutrition better eating this way. Losing weight is tricky, it depends on the person and your calorie point. There's a certain amount of calories you eat to gain weight, a certain amount to maintain and live day to day, and a certain amount to survive. My advice is the eat the amount that maintains what your body needs, and exercise good. The fat should come off and this way your body still gets the nutrition it needs. For some people it's harder to burn fat than others. It's all about your heart rate. If you need to, buy a heart rate monitor and find out where you need to be at in training to burn off the fat you want.
      thanks for the info, I think the problem Im having right now is ive got very little fat left id like to lose just a slight amount on the lower ab area but Im also buiding muscle, Ill look into getting a hr monitor & focusing more on cardio..

The other thing is I eat alot of whole wheat pasta you think thats a problem at all? Also try not to eat after 8 but sometimes feel extremely hungry so figure Im not eating enough during the day.

Comment

thanks for the info, I think the problem Im having right now is ive got very little fat left id like to lose just a slight amount on the lower ab area but Im also buiding muscle, Ill look into getting a hr monitor & focusing more on cardio..

The other thing is I eat alot of whole wheat pasta you think thats a problem at all? Also try not to eat after 8 but sometimes feel extremely hungry so figure Im not eating enough during the day.
        Cardio is where it's at. Great for burning fat and building up endurance and stamina. I don't know if whole wheat pasta is good or bad. I know that spaghetti isn't good for you. The key is to eat "good/healthy" foods through out the day. That alone can help a person lost weight but exercising just helps out even better. Do you box at all ? I know a few in my gym that have lost tons of weight from when they first walked into the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
          Cardio is where it's at. Great for burning fat and building up endurance and stamina. I don't know if whole wheat pasta is good or bad. I know that spaghetti isn't good for you. The key is to eat "good/healthy" foods through out the day. That alone can help a person lost weight but exercising just helps out even better. Do you box at all ? I know a few in my gym that have lost tons of weight from when they first walked into the gym.
          Well Ive gone from around 205 In March and hit 179 probably July/Aug still at 179 although more muscle added..so I guess Im on the right track, guess Im getting impatient with the final couple of pounds. I wish there was a boxing gym nearby would be great but also probably wouldnt have the time to do it, I do have a heavy bag and also jump rope & practice punching etc etc Ill just keep sticking with it...pick up the cardio...thanks again for the advice.

Comment

well this is highly debated. it is possible to reach a starvation mode where your body stores as much fat as possible and used muscle for energy but this is only reached on crazy diets, like 800 cals a day. but your body will get used to dieting and become more efficient so you loose less as it goes on longer. also the last few lbs are the hardest

Comment

Crazy,

I'd say YES. I've never met a person that lost fat (didn't say weight) with small meals...

-------------------------
              Thank me Later,

You have some serious *****es in your signature

Comment

In short -- absolutely

Comment

Well Ive gone from around 205 In March and hit 179 probably July/Aug still at 179 although more muscle added..so I guess Im on the right track, guess Im getting impatient with the final couple of pounds. I wish there was a boxing gym nearby would be great but also probably wouldnt have the time to do it, I do have a heavy bag and also jump rope & practice punching etc etc Ill just keep sticking with it...pick up the cardio...thanks again for the advice.
                  Wow nice job ! Yeah boxing and working out is work bro. I got a messed up work schedule where I switch shifts all the time and I can't always get in the gym but those days are good for road work (running). With cardio there's burning fat and burning carbs. That's why I say get a heart rate monitor and research where you need to be at to lose that fat you want, make sure you're burning the right thing. Keep up the work you're doing, there's a bunch of help videos on youtube to show you different exercises to do at home also.

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
                  well this is highly debated. it is possible to reach a starvation mode where your body stores as much fat as possible and used muscle for energy but this is only reached on crazy diets, like 800 cals a day. but your body will get used to dieting and become more efficient so you loose less as it goes on longer. also the last few lbs are the hardest
                  I think I would be dead with only 800 calories a day lol.
                  Originally posted by Vitez View Post
                  Thank me Later,

You have some serious *****es in your signature
                  Thanks man lol
                  I met the first chick Corissa Furr before at Hot Import Nights a few years ago. Never got to meet Reena, she stopped modeling.

Comment

When you aren't feeding your body, it goes basically into a survival mode. It feeds off itself, however I'm not sure if there is conclusive evidence on what it it feeds off of first. I think it goes, Glucose/Carbs/Glycogen, Fat, and then Finally muscle tissue.

Comment

Working...
                    X