Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 10-29-2010, 12:06 AM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tofu2009 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,006,149.71
Default My regime, advice required......

Alright guys, looking to get carded in the new year and just wanted to get your thoughts on my regime. I've been reading these boards for a while and really admire some of the knowledge on here so I thought maybe some of the amateur guys could help us out.

Bearing in mind that I'm a notch under 6"3 and come in at around 12 Stone 6 at the moment, what would be necessary to get closer to my ideal fighting weight which is actually a stone less (middleweight).

Boxing (Days one, two and three)

Stretch
Skipping x3
Bags x6 (with a focus on floor to ceiling balls)
Shadow x3
Gym Circuit (usual stuff)
Own Circuit (stuff with med ball, front raises etc)
Also a personal session one day a week with a Pro, pad work/core strength etc.

Cardio/weights (Days, four, five and six)

Stretch
Abs 60 x3 (crunch type ones)
Med Ball drops
Running 30 mins with 3 intense uphill sprints
Rowing 15 mins
Shrugs 12x3
Tricep pull ups 12x3
Legs 36 x 6 (leg press, calf press, quads, adductors, abductors and hamstrings)
Swimming approx 30 mins with underwater lengths
Also sixth day seen as an all body workout (shoulders, chest, back etc.)

I also take the following supplements;

Animal packs and SNAC'S Vitaylze at breakfast (only on days I know I will need them, i.e. the one on one sessions.

Vitamin A-Z

Creatine an hour before and after training

CNP's Pro recover, after harder workouts.
tofu2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 AM #2
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,943,457,888,040.59
Total Points: 2,943,457,918,341.05
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

That looks like a pretty good training schedule. But losing weight is quite simple, burn more calories than you eat during a day. Knowing how many calories you burn is pretty hard but you can get a pretty good approximation.

Knowing how many calories you eat is much easier. So you fix yourself a limit and make sure you work out hard and don't cheat on your caloric intake and you will lose weight.

Personally i'm a heavyweight. I injured myself last winter and couldn't train much, i eventually got fed up with not being able to train and started smoking again, eating whatever i wanted.

No need to say i gained some weight, i went up to 280-290 pounds from 230-235 in about 5 months.

At the beginning of the summer my injury was gone and was shocked when i weighted myself and realized i gained all that weight.

I started training again, 6 days a week and i limited my calories to 1600-1800 a day, which is extremely small for a guy my size. But i wanted to lose the weight before going back to the gym in fall. I did, by the end of august i was at 240 and i started in june, so i lost around 50 pounds in 3 months.

Now i have been keeping around 230-235 and i eat normally again, which is about 2200-2600 calories a day.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:32 AM #3
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tofu2009 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,006,149.71

Cheers man, I understand that the guys on here get aload of these type of posts so I appreciate your response.
tofu2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:41 AM #4
Knuckles Up

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Equilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond reputeEquilibrium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,943,457,888,040.59
Total Points: 2,943,457,918,341.05
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo On Me! - Izrock I'm sick of the fangirls. You a real boxing fan bro - mangler 2k posts man - you are one of the very best on here - you need to post more - Dan... the point giver thanks thee for the incredible generosity - the point giver 
parallelogram sa inyo - Jack Napier early xmas present - jazluvr thread contribution and for after your wake and bake! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu2009 View Post
Cheers man, I understand that the guys on here get aload of these type of posts so I appreciate your response.

No problem man, anyway it's not like you have as much weight to lose has i had to, so it should be pretty easy for you.

Hope my post helped a bit.
Equilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
advice, regime, required......

User Tag List