Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 08-09-2005, 10:59 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
rocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 686,205,653.26
Total Points: 686,356,154.54
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For being one helluva poster!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! for your collection - Talisayen here's another one - Talisayen 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Mooncat AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Talisayen 
Send a message via AIM to rocco1252
Default Lets talk Sparring!

So tonight I sparred 8 rounds and 3 different people and some people go out there and dont do an awful lot or really try to hit you hard kind of 50 percent speed and there not that good or brand new and afraid so I dont hit him back as hard as I would like to at 75 percent speed on most people of equal or better talent.
Then I find myself sparring with a person not too good either but going at 75 percent still kind of boring he wasnt that good his dad was all hype talking him and the kids face was ****ed up from a few years of fighting.
Then theres the guy who goes all out and you, you cant ***** about it but you have to hit them back at same level if not harder because they are stupid ****s and had to mess around in sparring and he was 30 pounds heavier than me he hit hard but didnt hurt me but stupid because I dont want to hurt him in training but I may.
Tell me guys what is right for sparring I just moved gyms and I dont know if I like this trainer because he doesnt regulate the speed at which people go when it starts to go out of hand, so basically I know what I feel is right at like 75 percent speed not all out and most else always do as well. What do you and your trainers do for sparring?
rocco1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 PM #2
im a sociable person

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,264,961.65

i usually spar as hard as my opponent
im nto out there trying to win anything
or knock dude out

i usualy have a goal in mind when i spar
like work on my jab today
or work on my slipping or rolling

so im focused on that no matter
what my partner is doing

only time i spar hard is when i go to other gyms
or other gyms comming to mine
but even then i dont go all the way
unless my partner goes all the way
boxer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:42 PM #3
Up and Comer

lowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these partslowkey77 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 18,487.00

Well, the rule i stick to is hit as hard as you want to be hit. My coach always yells as me to go full speed and the just make contact. If i am better then the guy i try to work on countering, but i am not going to bore you with details you already know.
I am the smallest guy at my gym, so I got no choice but to go all out
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
lowkey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:03 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

rocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond reputerocco1252 has a reputation beyond repute
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For being one helluva poster!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! for your collection - Talisayen here's another one - Talisayen 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Mooncat AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Talisayen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5
i usually spar as hard as my opponent
im nto out there trying to win anything
or knock dude out

i usualy have a goal in mind when i spar
like work on my jab today
or work on my slipping or rolling

so im focused on that no matter
what my partner is doing

only time i spar hard is when i go to other gyms
or other gyms comming to mine
but even then i dont go all the way
unless my partner goes all the way
Nice reply, I agree with going as hard as the other guy and working on certain techniques/skills. I just disagree with people trying to go all out in the gym, I am not afraid of them I have just been brought up in a gym where you dont want to get hurt training and thats the sole purpose of sparring (for training)! You dont hurt the other people in the gym because that could hurt your chances when you go to fight. I dont know just contemplating whether or not I want to stay at this gym or go try another.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:28 AM #5
im a sociable person

boxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond reputeboxer2k5 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco1252
Nice reply, I agree with going as hard as the other guy and working on certain techniques/skills. I just disagree with people trying to go all out in the gym, I am not afraid of them I have just been brought up in a gym where you dont want to get hurt training and thats the sole purpose of sparring (for training)! You dont hurt the other people in the gym because that could hurt your chances when you go to fight. I dont know just contemplating whether or not I want to stay at this gym or go try another.
i def agree
theres this one big kid i my gym
who is real rough and clinches all the time

i get pissed ebcause we are supposed to be
working out training
he is sparring as if he is trying to win the fight
im liek dawg im not going to hurt you jsut box

last time he did it i got dirty as well
and hit him with lead rights to the back of the head
when i pivot
when he clinch i spin him around and attack him
until my coach breaks us up

he dontdo that **** anymore

he is like 6-3 230
lol

you gotta be in controll
at all times even if your going 50%

because my 50% is better than his 100%
Old 08-10-2005, 11:29 AM #6
im a sociable person

also lately alot of my sparring partners
clinch me alot

i used to get pissed but im staying focused
because i have to be prepared for anythign in my fights

with pivot and short hooks
they are gettign destroyed and when they piviot
i use maywether elbow push to give me room for a lead
right hand
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Nice man, yeah this punk is still young and I'm sure new to the sport under a year either that or he wanted to try and show me up considering it way my first day at this new gym. He was bigger than me by about 30 lbs and alittle more powerful but I took him to school as far as skill went. I just dont want to hurt anyone in training there is no sense.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 PM #8
Undisputed Champion

Are you a good inside fightER 2k? Or do you prefer to fight outside? I recall you saying you were around 190lbs but dont remember what you said for height? Usually that makes the difference in fight style, whats the problem with people clinching I understand its tiring and shouldnt happen in sparring but it's always some good practice especially when you encounter it in a real fight.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 PM #9
im a sociable person

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco1252
Are you a good inside fightER 2k? Or do you prefer to fight outside? I recall you saying you were around 190lbs but dont remember what you said for height? Usually that makes the difference in fight style, whats the problem with people clinching I understand its tiring and shouldnt happen in sparring but it's always some good practice especially when you encounter it in a real fight.
im 5'11

im ight inside im ight outside
im good at medium range

ive been working on my inside fighting alot
and its getting up there

my defense though on the inside is
ill so it allows me to get away with decent offense
when they cant hit or hurt me

but im going ot be a problem when my close range offense
catches up

im in no rush im working on each technique
one by one and working on perfection

i have no intentions to fight on the outside
or work on it

my arms are short and i feel i can do the most damage and
]have the msot speed medium and close
Old 08-10-2005, 02:17 PM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer2k5
im 5'11

im ight inside im ight outside
im good at medium range

ive been working on my inside fighting alot
and its getting up there

my defense though on the inside is
ill so it allows me to get away with decent offense
when they cant hit or hurt me

but im going ot be a problem when my close range offense
catches up

im in no rush im working on each technique
one by one and working on perfection

i have no intentions to fight on the outside
or work on it

my arms are short and i feel i can do the most damage and
]have the msot speed medium and close
TRUE MAN, I need to learn to fight outside and get some movement in my legs because I just stand there and brawl best but I'm working on it, the way I fight has worked for me since I started so I just hope it continues that way for me.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List