Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think UFC will ever have low weight classes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think UFC will ever have low weight classes?

Like 130 and below?

I'd like to see a couple of 118 pounders go at it.

They are roid freaks, so the answer is no.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
      Like 130 and below?

I'd like to see a couple of 118 pounders go at it.
      Jacky,

The UFC's parent company, Zuffa LLC, also owns the WEC which focuses their efforts on lower weight classes. They only have fights (the best ones) at lightweight (155), featherweight (145), and bantamweight (135). In my opinion-- or in reality, I should say-- they have the best shows in MMA, period. They develop talent properly, their fights ALWAYS deliver, and the fights are free on VS

Word on the street is that the WEC will soon be folded into the UFC, but I don't see that happening. The UFC and the WEC both have a 155 division and I would say that the top 3 LW's in the WEC can clean out about two-thirds of the UFC's LW division

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
        Jacky,

The UFC's parent company, Zuffa LLC, also owns the WEC which focuses their efforts on lower weight classes. They only have fights (the best ones) at lightweight (155), featherweight (145), and bantamweight (135). In my opinion-- or in reality, I should say-- they have the best shows in MMA, period. They develop talent properly, their fights ALWAYS deliver, and the fights are free on VS

Word on the street is that the WEC will soon be folded into the UFC, but I don't see that happening. The UFC and the WEC both have a 155 division and I would say that the top 3 LW's in the WEC can clean out about two-thirds of the UFC's LW division

Interesting, I never seen it.

Do you think they'll ever go below 135 though? Imagine a guy Ivan Calderon's size fighting in a cage?

Shit would be hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
          Interesting, I never seen it.

Do you think they'll ever go below 135 though? Imagine a guy Ivan Calderon's size fighting in a cage?

Shit would be hilarious.

The 125 lb division (Flyweight in MMA) is the smallest, but I don't remember seeing Flyweight MMA fights in the U.S.

But WEC said that adding a 125 lb. division is being discussed.

I think it's gonna be a while before you see a guy Calderon's size in a cage.

Comment

Don't think we'll see anything below 125 in the US for a while.

125 is strong in Japan, and there are a few guys that are tailor made for 125 who are forced to fight 135 in the US.

Calderon size? That **** will never happen. That fool is a gnome.

Comment

Working...
            X