Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 PM #1
starkiller starkiller is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,108
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
starkiller has disabled reputation
Points: 932,919.24
Bank: 312,117.32
Total Points: 1,245,036.56
happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest go drive out and celebrate, drink alotta beers and drive yourself home homie - Tha_Greatest for a stand up poster - jazluvr 
Default Healthiest foods for a fighter

Meat wise, Vegetables wise, Fruit wise? Is Tuna good for a fighter*and I mean tuna in raw tuna not the kind with mayo(fat, yes tuna sandwiches are tummy with mayo but mayo is really fatty). I personally hate the taste of tuna raw, but I force myself to eat it for health purposes. I'm trying to cut back on the fats on my diet, its not that I'm even fat but I want to be cut looking. I mean my body fat is about 26 percent which I guess is high for a guy.
starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-27-2010, 03:58 PM #2
oniham oniham is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 187
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
oniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,216,837.72
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,216,837.72
Default

DAMN 26% bf???? Do you train?

Brocolli is great
Tuna
Chicken

general rule of thumb with eating healthy is, if it sounds really bad for you... it probably is
oniham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:21 PM #3
starkiller starkiller is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,108
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
starkiller has disabled reputation
Points: 932,919.24
Bank: 312,117.32
Total Points: 1,245,036.56
happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest go drive out and celebrate, drink alotta beers and drive yourself home homie - Tha_Greatest for a stand up poster - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniham View Post

Brocolli is great
Tuna
Chicken
I eat all those already, I train alot I jog alot. I just eat alot, I need to cut back on eating. I have alot of injuries ankle and knee injuries that this fall/winter I think I'm going to cut back on jogging. I will jog when spring and summer come, when the sun is out.
starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:25 PM #4
mushahadeen mushahadeen is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,029
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
mushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond reputemushahadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 4,811,591.64
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,811,591.64
sit on that you cunt - project xxx1 I know you need it - kyshenko team Add this to your collection - led you deserve a kick for being so stupid - Freedom. stop being racist - Freedom. 
you can pretend it's Floyd - Freedom. You'll need it for Chavez Jr - vacon04 ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry love your style of posting, keep it up - Primera Pretend its Chavez Jr and sit on it. - Sir. Afiln 
No Message - whoseyourdaddy p4p best chavez jr fan - Perro For the 15th to dry your tears - dan_cov For Chavez Jr when you visit him in hospital - dan_cov 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mathed Gay and Lesbian Pride - kyshenko team Gay and Lesbian Pride - MANIAC310 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkiller View Post
I eat all those already, I train alot I jog alot. I just eat alot, I need to cut back on eating. I have alot of injuries ankle and knee injuries that this fall/winter I think I'm going to cut back on jogging. I will jog when spring and summer come, when the sun is out.
Maybe those knee injuries are from being overweight? Putting too much weight on your legs.

I know when I was a little heavier I used to have foot and knee problems.

I'm at about 140 now and I don't really have those problems anymore.

The downside is I had to diet and run for months which was torture.
mushahadeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:33 PM #5
starkiller starkiller is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,108
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
starkiller has disabled reputation
Points: 932,919.24
Bank: 312,117.32
Total Points: 1,245,036.56
happy bithday homie - Tha_Greatest go drive out and celebrate, drink alotta beers and drive yourself home homie - Tha_Greatest for a stand up poster - jazluvr 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushahadeen View Post
Maybe those knee injuries are from being overweight? Putting too much weight on your legs.

I know when I was a little heavier I used to have foot and knee problems.

I'm at about 140 now and I don't really have those problems anymore.

The downside is I had to diet and run for months which was torture.
I'm not that fat, I'm 193 5'10. Or do you think I'm big enough weight-wise to be having these type of injuries?


Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
starkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 PM #6
Chip2006uk Chip2006uk is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 730
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Chip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond reputeChip2006uk has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 52,290.25
Bank: 435,975,351,149.32
Total Points: 435,975,403,439.57
Default

Generally speaking you need to eat alot of vegetables each and every day, oily fish like tuna is very good for you, dont avoid all fats, just avoid the bad fats (most saturated fats and all trans fats), unsaturated fats like the stuff found in nuts and seeds or fruits like avacados are good for you and essential for your body.

Eat alot of protein in the form of different meats, and make sure you eat enough carbohydrates to replenish your body's fuel supply.

In general high GI carbs like sugar, white bread and white pasta arent good for your body, even if you train alot, its best to eat low GI/complex carbs that take longer to digest so your energy levels are steady and consistent.

Before training you want to make sure your body has enough fuel (low GI carbs and healthy fats will both provide a source of energy), after training you want to eat lots of protein and carbs, the protein to help repair any damaged muscles, and general recovery, and the carbs to replenish your glycogen stocks. Fats arent too important post training.

Some sports nutritionists say that you should eat high GI carbs (sugar, fruit juices, sports drinks) straight after training so that you can replenish your glycogen reserves efficiently but I dont know about that.

If you eat alot of veggies that will cover your vitamins and mineral needs mostly.
Chip2006uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:41 PM #7
oniham oniham is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Leandro
Posts: 187
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
oniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond reputeoniham has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,216,837.72
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,216,837.72
Default

You are roughly the same size as me. I have actually been cutting for the last month and I went pescatarian, cutting out grains in the last two weeks because I had to make 185 by a certain time.

Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.


it worked for me, but im not sure if it's for everyone, im still cutting right now so i should get leaner by next month
oniham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 AM #8
Young Money Young Money is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,885
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Young Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,211,989.19
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,211,989.19
Default

Believe it or not but Pizza is good because it contains all the foods in the food pyramid.
Young Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:42 AM #9
Sam Donald Sam Donald is offline
Asian Pride
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Country lane
Posts: 2,978
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
Sam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond reputeSam Donald has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 88,273,960,379.18
Bank: 8,498,345,440,623.84
Total Points: 8,586,619,401,003.02
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier One of the greats - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dan-O-Mac 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip2006uk View Post
Generally speaking you need to eat alot of vegetables each and every day, oily fish like tuna is very good for you, dont avoid all fats, just avoid the bad fats (most saturated fats and all trans fats), unsaturated fats like the stuff found in nuts and seeds or fruits like avacados are good for you and essential for your body.

Eat alot of protein in the form of different meats, and make sure you eat enough carbohydrates to replenish your body's fuel supply.

In general high GI carbs like sugar, white bread and white pasta arent good for your body, even if you train alot, its best to eat low GI/complex carbs that take longer to digest so your energy levels are steady and consistent.

Before training you want to make sure your body has enough fuel (low GI carbs and healthy fats will both provide a source of energy), after training you want to eat lots of protein and carbs, the protein to help repair any damaged muscles, and general recovery, and the carbs to replenish your glycogen stocks. Fats arent too important post training.

Some sports nutritionists say that you should eat high GI carbs (sugar, fruit juices, sports drinks) straight after training so that you can replenish your glycogen reserves efficiently but I dont know about that.

If you eat alot of veggies that will cover your vitamins and mineral needs mostly.
good post green k sent
Sam Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 AM #10
Aperion Aperion is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 237
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 9
Aperion has a spectacular aura aboutAperion has a spectacular aura aboutAperion has a spectacular aura about
Points: 71,645.48
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 71,645.48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Money View Post
Believe it or not but Pizza is good because it contains all the foods in the food pyramid.
I'll agree with that - as long as its whole wheat crust and veggie toppings. There is a middle eastern bakery near me that has these fantastic small pizzas, they don't even have cheese and they're very filling.

One more good food I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Natural peanut butter. A few spoonfuls of that plus a bunch of broccoli is one hell of a nutritious, filling meal.
Aperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighter, foods, healthiest

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.