Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
questionare is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,831.02
Default Skinny Boxer ... What do I need

Hello folks,

I am new to this form, and I have an issue with my weight:
I am 6' 4.8" tall, and 169.75 lbs, and have been training for around 8 months 6 days a week (avg 1.5 hours) (Boxing, Fitness, and jogging).

The issue is i don't have the desire or apetit to eat... although after workouts

I am planning to force my self to eat more, and to gain some muscles through the below program:

Diet:
-----
Having 6 meals per day (Protein & Carbs), two of them will be weight gainer shake "ON Pro Complex Gainer"

Workout:
---------
2 days weight lifting; (1 Day:Legs, Back, Biceps, Grip Strength, 1 Day: Chest, Shoulder, Triceps)
4 days boxing, fitness, and strength workouts
1 day jogging

My question is what do you think about the weight gainer, and about the weight lifting workouts.... Shall I take other supplements; such as amino acids? Any advices on my diet or workout program?

Thanks in advance,
questionare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 PM #2
Contender

Othello is on a distinguished road
Bank: 20,708,703.42
Total Points: 20,726,391.43

If I were you I would do a full body routine twice a week, with at least 2 days rest between each work-out. Only do compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, rows, presses) with FREE WEIGHTS and make sure you consume more calories than you burn if you want to gain weight. I think you're on the right track diet-wise. You don't need supplements. Instant amino acids for example are expensive as hell. If you don't gain weight after 3 weeks, add 300 - 500 calories a day, if you're getting fat too quickly (which I doubt), decrease your caloric intake by about the same. It can be a pain in the ass to find the right balance between nutrition, exercise and rest, and the calorie calculators you see on the Internet are usually way off. But you're not a pro bodybuilder or anything, so it doesn't have to be perfect.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:56 PM #3
Contender

josh-hill is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 77,850.15

i think multivits are a must if you arent taking them. and joint supps such as glucosamine might be a good idea. but basicaly weight gainers are just full of calories so personaly i think they are a waste of money. just eat more. i have the opposite problem. im always hungry so i cant realy help with your appitite problem
josh-hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:51 PM #4
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othello View Post
If I were you I would do a full body routine twice a week, with at least 2 days rest between each work-out. Only do compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, rows, presses) with FREE WEIGHTS and make sure you consume more calories than you burn if you want to gain weight. I think you're on the right track diet-wise. You don't need supplements. Instant amino acids for example are expensive as hell. If you don't gain weight after 3 weeks, add 300 - 500 calories a day, if you're getting fat too quickly (which I doubt), decrease your caloric intake by about the same. It can be a pain in the ass to find the right balance between nutrition, exercise and rest, and the calorie calculators you see on the Internet are usually way off. But you're not a pro bodybuilder or anything, so it doesn't have to be perfect.
Thanks Othello for the reply... I will take your advice, and will do full body workout... and am plaining to have 4 sets x 7-12 reps to gain muscles, and afterwards it will be 4 sets x 15-20 reps for endurance... Also, I am plaining to have a day for bulgarian bag strength training and make my boxing workout to 3 days....

I will repost my results after one month... and hopefully it will be good results

Thanks again for your advice....
Old 09-11-2010, 03:55 PM #5
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh-hill View Post
i think multivits are a must if you arent taking them. and joint supps such as glucosamine might be a good idea. but basicaly weight gainers are just full of calories so personaly i think they are a waste of money. just eat more. i have the opposite problem. im always hungry so i cant realy help with your appitite problem
thanks josh-hill, I am planning to take OPTI-MEN multivits, and regarding joint supps I already use JOINT-Q; since I was having a pain in my knee when I started jumping rope, and thanks god, it has gone....
Old 09-11-2010, 04:13 PM #6
Conveyor of Truth

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,262,467,054.50
Total Points: 2,000,132,346,764,903.25
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

dont force yourself to gain weight, thats the dumbest thing a boxer can do by far.

ppl have diffrent genes, some are just naturally thin. adding weight will make u less of a fighter, just learn how to fight tall and use it as an advantage. dont train for the mirror or the scales, train for ability. stamina, speed and strenght in that order. some ppl end up looking like tyson others like chico corrales, but thats your best fighting weight regardless of how u look in the mirror. bulking up will only get u ktfo, u look better skinny with your arm raised than ripped on a stretcher.
#1Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 PM #7
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,369,070.17
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

I would kill to be 170 lbs., and I'm only 6'2".
SBleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:46 PM #8
Contender

TheTruthIs will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 11,781.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
dont force yourself to gain weight, thats the dumbest thing a boxer can do by far.
not really.

if a boxer is looking to increase strength, often they need to hit the weights, and seeing as we often are doing cardio, we need fat to burn so we don`t find ourselves in a catabolic state and our hard work all for not in strength, only to be losing muscle. Eating lots, storing fats, from a good and smart diet tailored for it, is how one goes about it.

It`s really easy to burn that fat off later, or closer to fight time. Lots of cardio, restricting diet, etc. But important you have fat reserves there in place when training to build strength.
TheTruthIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:45 PM #9
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
BG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond reputeBG_Knocc_Out has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,622,667.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruthIs View Post
not really.

if a boxer is looking to increase strength, often they need to hit the weights, and seeing as we often are doing cardio, we need fat to burn so we don`t find ourselves in a catabolic state and our hard work all for not in strength, only to be losing muscle. Eating lots, storing fats, from a good and smart diet tailored for it, is how one goes about it.

It`s really easy to burn that fat off later, or closer to fight time. Lots of cardio, restricting diet, etc. But important you have fat reserves there in place when training to build strength.
I think what he means is that the majority of boxers box at their natural weight and don't really find success when forcing a higher weight than naturally gaining it.
BG_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM #10
Up and Comer

royjoneschin is an unknown quantity at this point
Total Points: 29,055.25

i agree with what Othello said.
royjoneschin is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxer, skinny