No announcement yet.

The Magic Man's Top 10 P4P ATG of ALL TIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic Man's Top 10 P4P ATG of ALL TIME

1. Joe Calzaghe- 46-0, over 20 title defenses. Didnt go down until his mid 30's. wins over legends HOpkinds, Jones, and Eubank. Wins over Kessler, Lacy and Veit all guys who were very very good. Joe was the best.

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Whats there to say that hasnt been said? Hes the man. Hard to put him number 2, but I just dont see a way that his style could match up with the southpaw dragon.

3. Vitali Klitschko- I love him, you love him, we all love him. Never been down, never finished a match behind on the score cards. A freak of nature.

4. Wladimir Klitschko- could overtake his bro someday. The more athletic brother, but with an acchilles heal called his chin. Hes learned to hide it and avoid punches to it.

5. Roy Jones Jr. - Freak athlete, afraid of British people was his only downfall. had he fought Benn or Collins or Eubank or beaten a joe calzaghe then he would be higher, but unfortunately he never did.

6. James Lights Out Toney- The beast

7. Lennox Lewis- Contrary to reports, the man didnt have that bad of a chin, watch the first round vs. Briggs. He took the mans best shots. I dont know how much he sparred, but in his 2 ko's he looked more stunned. In round 4 vs. Briggs he has felt the mans shots and stands there smiling at him. Big strong and skilled. No HW before his time would have stood much of a chance.

8. SRL- Had all the skills, was quick, the best of his time for sure, the boxing game has just passed his time up by a little bit.

9. Bad Chad Dawson- A man like Bad would murder an old timer like Marciano with speend and precision. He needs some better competition, but who knows how high or low he has to go to find it.

10. Marvin Hagler- A great great fighter who like SRL has just been a little bit passed by

Honorable mention -Pernell Whitaker, Paul Williams, Shane, JCC, and Erik Morales.

The fact that six of the ten are still active fighters tells me you don't know much about boxing history.

Comment

Where's Ottke?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
        The fact that six of the ten are still active fighters tells me you don't know much about boxing history.
        I know plenty about boxing history, let me ask you this. When you look down the greatest basketball players of all time, how many could play today? Or football players, you think Johnny Unitas, even his numbers, hold up today? This is a factual list, not some fantasy list where 5'9 182 pounders with no technique could beat a Klitschko. This is a real world list. I live in the real world. and operate in it as such. These are the 10 best fighters of all time, who if you put them in a ring against people their weight class, theyd perform the best. Im not taking into account for his time or what not.

Comment

Because i hate being a troll and try my best to be nice to everyone i respectfully disagree with your list. The only ones you have that are in my top 20 p4p are Hagler and Leonard. I feel that the Klits would be much better if they added better hand a foot speed to their arsenal. Their very good stand up boxers, of the Euro fighters I've had the chance to spar with they fight in a very respectful straight up stance. I also feel that Hagler's Experience in the ring, combine with his "i'm going to kill you and i hate you" attitude i feel that gives him advantageous over middleweights today, southpaw or not. Although Leonard was showman and got "media darling gift" decisions like in Hearns II, i feel that he has the superior offense and generalship that would allow him to defeat Mayweather.

You are entitled to your opinion though. And you provided evidence for why you made choices so that is a thought out list.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
            Because i hate being a troll and try my best to be nice to everyone i respectfully disagree with your list. The only ones you have that are in my top 20 p4p are Hagler and Leonard. I feel that the Klits would be much better if they added better hand a foot speed to their arsenal. Their very good stand up boxers, of the Euro fighters I've had the chance to spar with they fight in a very respectful straight up stance. I also feel that Hagler's Experience in the ring, combine with his "i'm going to kill you and i hate you" attitude i feel that gives him advantageous over middleweights today, southpaw or not. Although Leonard was showman and got "media darling gift" decisions like in Hearns II, i feel that he has the superior offense and generalship that would allow him to defeat Mayweather.

You are entitled to your opinion though. And you provided evidence for why you made choices so that is a thought out list.

According to emanuel steward Wlad has some of the best foot speed hes seen and as for hand speed... name me one guy Wlad's size with better hand speed, or Vitali...Vitali keeps his left at his freaking knee, if he was slow and had bad hand speed how would he survive?

I dont see how Hagler could fight off a hungry Joe Calzaghe, a fearless warrior like Joe, who could never be stopped, 45 people tried, none made it. Often fighters had their entire careers wrecked by Calzaghe. More myth than man, he took on all comers, threw punches constantly, laughed at his opponents futile attempts to beat him off. I like Hagler and SRL, but you cant debate the fact that SRL ended Haglers career.

Hagler does have a victory over Roy jones though, which is why hes in my top 10 P4P ATG OF ALL TIME list.

Let me guess your list has guys like ali, jack johnson, sonny liston, roberto duran, sugar ray robinson, archie moore, Joe Louis, maybe a joe frazier, a JCC or Camacho etc... If you really went WILD, you might have Tyson or Holyfied, Bhop, maybe even Marciano... Ive seen it a thousand times dude. Youre brainwashed, wake up, any p4p list featuring Ali is automatic trash. Dude struggled all the time with guys wo wouldnt even fight in his weight class today. Jack Johnson? would be Ko 1'ed by either Klitschko. Sonny Liston...ok 1 hitter quitter, fights rigged, fought mostly cruisers. On and on, these guys cant stack up against a man today.

Also how can you have a p4p atg list of All time and NOT have joe calzaghe or Floyd Mayweather? Uhh...theyve never been beat, never even really been in trouble.

Comment

What? Hagler does not have a win over Roy Jones Jnr!!!! Not the guy in your ATG list!

There was a rumour that was Roy's dad.

Another Boxrec warrior!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
                According to emanuel steward Wlad has some of the best foot speed hes seen and as for hand speed... name me one guy Wlad's size with better hand speed, or Vitali...Vitali keeps his left at his freaking knee, if he was slow and had bad hand speed how would he survive?

I dont see how Hagler could fight off a hungry Joe Calzaghe, a fearless warrior like Joe, who could never be stopped, 45 people tried, none made it. Often fighters had their entire careers wrecked by Calzaghe. More myth than man, he took on all comers, threw punches constantly, laughed at his opponents futile attempts to beat him off. I like Hagler and SRL, but you cant debate the fact that SRL ended Haglers career.

Hagler does have a victory over Roy jones though, which is why hes in my top 10 P4P ATG OF ALL TIME list.

Let me guess your list has guys like ali, jack johnson, sonny liston, roberto duran, sugar ray robinson, archie moore, Joe Louis, maybe a joe frazier, a JCC or Camacho etc... If you really went WILD, you might have Tyson or Holyfied, Bhop, maybe even Marciano... Ive seen it a thousand times dude. Youre brainwashed, wake up, any p4p list featuring Ali is automatic trash. Dude struggled all the time with guys wo wouldnt even fight in his weight class today. Jack Johnson? would be Ko 1'ed by either Klitschko. Sonny Liston...ok 1 hitter quitter, fights rigged, fought mostly cruisers. On and on, these guys cant stack up against a man today.

Also how can you have a p4p atg list of All time and NOT have joe calzaghe or Floyd Mayweather? Uhh...theyve never been beat, never even really been in trouble.
                excellent wording:wank:

Comment

Originally posted by TheMagicMan View Post
                  That's impressive considering Roy Jones Jr. debuted two years after Hagler retired.

Comment

I'm tempted to guess that this list is a list of modern fighters instead of all-time. Yet Hagler, Leonard and Lewis throw that off a bit. The entirety of your Top 6 could be moved down 40-50 places and still be valid. If you really rate Wladimir Klitschko above Sugar Ray Robinson pound-for-pound I have nothing to say to you. It's not often that there is such a thing as a wrong P4P list, but this is certainly just that.

Comment

Working...
                    X