Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 07-12-2010, 11:24 AM #1
Contender

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yael The Great is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,221.93
Default Wrist Pains?

I have just started boxing and my trainer is helping me to develop my jab. When I hit the heavy bag I feel pain in my wrist and palm area as well as the left side of my forearm. I try to put my wrist as straight as possible when I punch but it still bends from time to time. What should I do to strengthen or straighten my wrist to not injure it. Also, is there a certain kind of wrap that puts more support on my wrist.
Yael The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Squirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 56,261.62

Are you wearing hand wraps while you train?

sore wrists are to be expected when you start, make sure you rest and recover fully before you start again. Also make sure you're landing your punches with your wrist straight.
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 PM #3
Contender

Right2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud ofRight2TheTemple has much to be proud of
Total Points: 45,392.45

REST!!!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
i just remember when i started boxing ... i started training 4 - 5 times a week for a month .. then one day i cant punch anymore because of my fingers and wrists are aching everytime i throw punches and it really hurts.. then i decided to take a rest until i feel to train again ... then BOOM after resting for maybe 2 - 3 weeks !! i started landing powerful haymakers to the bag even without gloves ... my advice is just learn the technique, the basics, and dont just punch hard punch with technique ..! After that put a little bit more power (properly) but dont forget the speed !

Last edited by Right2TheTemple; 07-12-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Right2TheTemple is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
pains?, wrist

User Tag List