Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 07-04-2010, 04:41 AM #1
I was born ready

Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Face Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeFace Of Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,689,312,697,454,583.00
Total Points: 6,689,324,748,466,426.00
your a good poster. - RJJ The Truth Thanks for your time amigo - anonymousboxing Top Notch Poster - Perro salud homie - Makavelli I know, I would of shit all over Cotto if it was him. - Ch@mpBox@PR 
No KO but still a nice win for your man Pwill! - BattlingNelson For speakin the truth homey - mangler the ownage on your thread deserves a drink - Makavelli Top poster. Cheers big dawg - mangler Here's to real talk - MANGLER 
Viva los Fish Tacos - Libido Sanchez flomo killa deserves a beer - -pound4pound- pinoys and mexicans dont just drink 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- smart mofo, a gift homie, that is all - Tha_Greatest You hold the record for quickest ban, congrats!!! - WarFace 
great poster, keep owning the racists that lurk this forum - Band-Aid have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier still dropping pwns daily - -MAKAVELLI- keep exposing the catchweight king FM - hectari stay gold - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 
Default If that was any other person than Brock

the ref would have stopped it when he was taking all those punches. He got a huge benefit from is name in that fight, and to his credit came back to win. I was rooting for him, but I felt he caught a lucky break because of his stature and name.

Another thing, I don't even understand why he was trying to stand up with that dude. Thats not even his strength and I kept thinking, "take this ****er to the ground and its over".

Soon as he did that, he won. I'm guessing he was trying to make the fight more exciting, but I just couldn't stand to see him try to go toe to toe.

It was also pretty despicable to see him keep tapping his chin after the fight as if its made of iron. He got dropped from one punch and looked pretty stupid doing what he did.

Good night of fights though, I enjoyed it.
Face Of Boxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 AM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
CiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond reputeCiganoBoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,217,733.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
the ref would have stopped it when he was taking all those punches. He got a huge benefit from is name in that fight, and to his credit came back to win. I was rooting for him, but I felt he caught a lucky break because of his stature and name.

Another thing, I don't even understand why he was trying to stand up with that dude. Thats not even his strength and I kept thinking, "take this ****er to the ground and its over".

Soon as he did that, he won. I'm guessing he was trying to make the fight more exciting, but I just couldn't stand to see him try to go toe to toe.

It was also pretty despicable to see him keep tapping his chin after the fight as if its made of iron. He got dropped from one punch and looked pretty stupid doing what he did.

Didn't you notice?? he was trying to take him down but Carwin avoided his attempts in that first round....it was only when carwin was tired in the 2nd round that Brock got the take down !
You gotta give Brock his due....he weathered the storm and come back and showed great heart to win....thats the sign of a true champion !
But it would of been a very different story is Carwins Gas tank would of been bigger !
But lets be fair....Brock dont look as invincible as he did before....infact he looks very beatable
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
CiganoBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:56 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,598,239,290,413,696.00
Total Points: 666,598,239,290,614,656.00
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:

He had his takedown attempts snuffed in the first round. In the second, Carwin didn't even hardly try to defend, as he was gassed by then. He didn't try that many, but when he did try them they were defended well. It's not as simple as you think, especially against a good wrestler as is Carwin.
Virgil Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 04:58 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond reputeDR.ORGYY has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,802,931,313.12
birthday parallelogram - Jack Napier leader of the Pac clan...goosebumps... - Erik13 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - QUELOQUE AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. 

Any vids?????????
DR.ORGYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:32 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Blair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 91,885.03

Nodogoshi jus shut up Brock Took all those ****ing shots that would KO your hero Fedor and kept working. Brock is now the ****ing #1 HW in the ****ing world so take Fedors nuts out of your mouth and Bow to the new king *****!!! the baddest mother****er on the planet!!! you can't deny.
so suck it up.
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Blair_Wells#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:34 AM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
mrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these partsmrbigshot is infamous around these parts
Bank: 202,269,043,566.72
Total Points: 204,542,950,006.17
Cool guy. - S a m u r a i 

Quote:

i agree i thought brock should of been stopped because he was not intelligently defending himself and was not punching back!! but because he his the champion i suppose he deserved the chance to make it out and he showed us his heart chin and balls there his no quit in that man and all this WWE rubbish can now be rest from that sh1t!!

i thought carwin would win but i got that one wrong but i still think carwin his world class just needs to work on his conditioning a bit more maybe lose a bit of the bulk???
mrbigshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:41 AM #7
Undisputed Champion

th4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond reputeth4l3pr3ch4un has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,373,341.70
Total Points: 47,587,078.60
Fuck Boston! - MizzzouMan You handled yourself admirably my friend!  I'm sorry you had to go through that but it will just make you stronger! - ABOSWORTH Thanks, man! - Bendigo 
Send a message via AIM to th4l3pr3ch4un

Look at you complaining about the no stoppage, the referee clearly made the right decision by giving brock the opportunity to keep fighting i thought it was going to be stopped too but i wasnt right there in the ring and brock proved his ability to recover.. ill tell you where brock really won that fight was in the gym in his training camp because he was ready for a 5 round war and Shane wasnt
th4l3pr3ch4un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:56 AM #8
Interim Champion

monaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond reputemonaroCountry has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,136,989.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
Nodogoshi jus shut up Brock Took all those ****ing shots that would KO your hero Fedor and kept working. Brock is now the ****ing #1 HW in the ****ing world so take Fedors nuts out of your mouth and Bow to the new king *****!!! the baddest mother****er on the planet!!! you can't deny.
so suck it up.
Those shots werent even hard, two sloppy punchers at best. Fedor on the other hand took shots from the very best K1 fighters. Brock and Carwin just looked like two drunk guys in a parking lot.
monaroCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:01 AM #9
Undisputed Champion

Blair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond reputeBlair_Wells#32 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 91,885.03

he took a few glancing blows from crocop and shilt but it was on the ground a few seconds after that.

But Fedor Fans....Brock Fans...Can't we all just get along lmao
Blair_Wells#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:21 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 849 Post(s)
Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 666,598,239,290,413,696.00
Total Points: 666,598,239,290,614,656.00
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw To a well-read member - -Weltschmerz- No Message - Run Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Merry Christmas!  :beerchug: - -jose- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. . . - El Malo. 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair_Wells#32 View Post
he took a few glancing blows from crocop and shilt but it was on the ground a few seconds after that.

But Fedor Fans....Brock Fans...Can't we all just get along lmao
He took a Crocop left highkick to the side of his head which cut him open and didn't even appear phased by it. Also, you keep bringing up Rogers. Rogers caught him with a jab and busted open his nose in the opening moments of the fight. He never knocked him down or anything as you tend to claim. Fedor weathered Roger's early onslaught, and Rogers was gassed out by the second round. Does that sound familiar?

Now lets see what happened when Brock got caught with a punch:

He turtled up and turned tail, basically tried to hide in the corner. Fedor is a much better standup fighter than Carwin or Lesnar, with Carwin clearly the much better of the two. That doesn't mean that Lesnar couldn't potentially get Fedor down and work his ground and pound, and no question Brock would be a difficult guy for anyone to get off. Fedor is not taken down too easily though and he would probably snuff Brock's initial takedowns at the very least. Brock would pose a difficult challenge for Fedor, but I think Fedor clearly has the tools to beat him. Based on the styles, I think Carwin would be an easier fight for Fedor for several reasons. I have to favor Fedor over either guy though. As I've said, Lesnar poses a difficult test for anyone, but he is far from unbeatable. Fedor is a much better fighter, it is simply the difference in size and strength which makes it seemingly a fairly even fight.

Last edited by Virgil Caine; 07-04-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Virgil Caine is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
brock, person

User Tag List