Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-20-2010, 04:18 AM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
envirocopy512 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,819.33
Default How Would You Rate Giorgio Petroysan's Boxing?

Giorgio Petrosyan is, imo, the best kickboxer in the world. He might not beat some Thais with full clinch, but in K-1 rules (strictly punching and kicking with knees outside the clinch) he is the best.

How would you rate his boxing skill? I know they are different sports, but just for fun, give me your impression of his head movement, jab, footwork, etc. I think he's made more effort to incorporate western boxing into kickboxing than a lot of guys.

In the black trunks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRONMo9JyeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWurqMtuhM
envirocopy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM #2
Up and Comer

well, anyone got an opinion?
Old 06-21-2010, 02:10 PM #3
Up and Comer

Stevie_WONDER.. is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 4,147.18

for a kickboxer, good he dosent telegraph his intentions much compared to his opponents so hes got a huuge leg over them there and he remains unfazed by there feather fisted punches but once he lands his they have never felt anything like it before, not that hes a huge puncher(he arm punches too) but kickboxers dont punch half of a boxers so when he hits them you can see in the second vid they just curl up into a ball and lose
Stevie_WONDER.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:49 PM #4
Gunslinger

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,749,993,607,134,394.50
Total Points: 2,749,993,607,321,788.00
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

I don't agree that he is the best kickboxer in the world, not even K-1. If Buakaw wasn't robbed by Souwer, Petrosyan would have got his **** pushed in.

However, Petrosyan is good though. He has the best hands in K-1, now that Masato retired. The thing is though, his punching won't be as perfected as a boxer's because in kickboxing you must stand a bit more square. It is a must, so his punching won't appear as great as a pro boxer.

I want to see Petrosyan-Kyshenko. That would be one helluva fight until Kyshenko gasses.
F l i c k e r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:05 PM #5
Up and Comer

Buakaw is the only guy I could see giving him a hard fight. Still, I think Buakaw is vulnerable to good punching, which Giorgio has. I'm super bummed Souwer got that decision over Buakaw, that was total bull****.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:01 AM #6
Contender

Domey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond reputeDomey has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,533.69

Saw all I needed to see about 30 seconds in. Against a professional boxer, he would get knocked out and probably fast if the opponent was of any caliber. The way he brings his hands out infront of his face, and how he attempts to block or prarry a right, he would eat a ton of punches.

I use to have some kick boxers come down to the gym to learn boxing a bit more. They got eaten alive by everyone in the gym until they all finally stopped coming down.
Domey is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing?, giorgio, petroysan's, rate

User Tag List