Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-19-2010, 03:01 AM #1
Up and Comer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
envirocopy512 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,981.33
Default Fun Little Hypothetical: You vs. Muay Thai Fighter

In a fight where full clinch, knees, and kicks are allowed, how do you think you would do with your boxing background? I ask because I think Muay Thai fighters are vulnerable to good punching. They'd probably kick your legs and try to wear you out with knees in the clinch. Do you think you would win? What is your overall impression of Muay Thai fighters?
envirocopy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 AM #2
AyoMaDu!

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,930,100,538,492.63
Total Points: 19,960,123,643,366.89
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

"Styles", "disciplines", "arts" whatever have you honestly don't mean squat. It doesn't matter if one guy follow one style and the other favors another it all boils down to the individual. So what if one person knows more "techniques" due to Muay Thai than you? Are you te better fighter regardless? So what if the guy has combos and incredible hand speed? It all boils down to what the individual is capable of accomplishing.

Edit: Speaking of the devil, as I scroll through other threads, I see that Double Jab's sig is the perfect answer to this thread. It goes.....

"The core of every combat form is to hit the opponent and not get hit yourself. It doesn't matter if you are a pressure fighter, an out fighter, a big puncher, an unorthadox fighter. I don't care if you are a kickboxer, a street fighter, or tae kwon do blackbelt.

If you can hit me, and I can't hit you, you are a better fighter, and I have something to learn from you.

There is no magic solution. In the end, the only weapon you really have is your brain. Just make sure to use it."

^^^and that's the truth.

Last edited by {Pito}; 06-19-2010 at 05:32 AM.
{Pito} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 AM #3
Interim Champion

ScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud ofScottDBA has much to be proud of
Bank: 444,830.25
Total Points: 465,563.87
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 

I wouldn't do too good because I'm more of an inside fighter and that's right where a mt fighter would want me so he can clinch and throw knees.

Also makes it harder to get inside because they can use kicks to keep you at longer range than a boxer justs throwing punches.
ScottDBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 AM #4
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Canelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeCanelo Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,316,259,305,163,640,832.00
Total Points: 26,577,062,270,013,898,752.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy 
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV 
not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 
:luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D &quot;White Privilege&quot; Doe LoL - TyphoonFloyd 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

ive done both and love to combine them i did alot more muay thai though
Canelo Phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 AM #5
Contender

Othello is on a distinguished road
Bank: 24,748,817.56
Total Points: 24,766,697.13

Why do people always bring up this subject? Basketballer and golfer playing basketball, who wins? A fatass darts player and 240 pounds of pure muscle football player playing darts, who wins? You box te be good at boxing, not to be good at kickboxing, yes? I pity the fool that picks up a combat sport so he can protect his alpha male status in his weekly bar fight.
Here's your answer: A trained muay thai fighter will kick the **** out of you. Make no mistake, those low kicks hurt like a ***** and as a boxer you are very susceptible to them.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:22 PM #6
Banned

pyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond reputepyrovampx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,634.64
Total Points: 231,037.15

I'd imagine me squaring up pounding him with hard shots. Then he clinches knees me and elbows me, I lose a few teeth and have a few broken bones. His face is prolly ****ed up as well. He'd probably win depending on how good at muay thai he is. Muay thai is ****ing deadly in a streetfight.
pyrovampx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:34 PM #7
Gunslinger

Quoted: 346 Post(s)
F l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond reputeF l i c k e r has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,775,151,912,964,666.00
Total Points: 3,775,151,913,155,996.00
Have one on me brotha. - Move BRICKS Cool cat, good poster - mangler cocktail hour - MANGLER Viva Antonio Margarito!!! - Jack Ruby more drank - MANGLER 
BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Benny rocks! - Bloody$Nate$ good to have people like you on this forum - BoZz Merry Christmas - Flab Merry Christmas :] - dj emzz Happy holidays bro! - led 
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy i like your avatar - zab191 Cheers, to huge titties. - Very Rich Man Happy 15k posts darling! :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday babe! I hope you have a wonderful day. love and kisses :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 

Depends on the thai fighter. If it's Buakaw, Yodsanklai, Naruepol, Kaew, Malaipet(whom I have trained with before) I would get turned inside out.

If it's some low ranked unknown. I would definitely be able to handle my own. In the ring and outside of it.
F l i c k e r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 PM #8
Interim Champion

King of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these partsKing of Sting is infamous around these parts
Bank: 234,662,012.20
Total Points: 234,856,195.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHuracan View Post
"Styles", "disciplines", "arts" whatever have you honestly don't mean squat. It doesn't matter if one guy follow one style and the other favors another it all boils down to the individual. So what if one person knows more "techniques" due to Muay Thai than you? Are you te better fighter regardless? So what if the guy has combos and incredible hand speed? It all boils down to what the individual is capable of accomplishing.

Edit: Speaking of the devil, as I scroll through other threads, I see that Double Jab's sig is the perfect answer to this thread. It goes.....

"The core of every combat form is to hit the opponent and not get hit yourself. It doesn't matter if you are a pressure fighter, an out fighter, a big puncher, an unorthadox fighter. I don't care if you are a kickboxer, a street fighter, or tae kwon do blackbelt.

If you can hit me, and I can't hit you, you are a better fighter, and I have something to learn from you.

There is no magic solution. In the end, the only weapon you really have is your brain. Just make sure to use it."

^^^and that's the truth.
Wrong, you obviously are not aware of how ignorant you make yourself out to be.

A Muay Thai fighter who is great in the clinch will eat anyone alive if their clinch skills are subpar to theirs. A guy who has never received kicks to the thighs before will be in for a painful shock.

I will agree with you on one thing, any stand-up art comes down to timing and distance, but, unless you're PBF, then you better be prepared to take some punishment from a well-trained Muay Thai fighter.
King of Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:12 PM #9
AyoMaDu!

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute{Pito} has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,930,100,538,492.63
Total Points: 19,960,123,643,366.89
&quot;amor de lejo amor de pendejo&quot; lol! classic. - jose830 have a fish my brother! - jose830 Respiratory Equipment Tech...Cheers! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Thanks. Cheers! - led* 
what's up homie! :beerchug: - jose830 sapito :lol1: I remember they used to called them 'ombligitos' too! lmao - jose830 

Why respond that way? Relax yourself. I can respond to your post by your last sentence's statement. You say only a top world champion (pbf) can defeat a no name but well trained muay Thai fighter? You respond as if I insulted someone or am art. If I have to explain again then fine, I said it doesn't matter who has what style. It all boils down to the individual. You say well trained muay Thai fighter? Then how would it not be well trained boxer as well? Real Muay Thai fighters (real ones, not the American style that incorporated more boxing) are weak in the hand game and boxers are weak in the legs game. Thats the only difference. If one guy hits the other with a good feint then the other guy will go to attack and get countered. It all boils down to timing. Now Ill assume you'll say clinch game right? Well I'm assuming any boxer that has been in street fgts knows how to grab, throw around and punch at the same time. (dirty boxing). So now what? You assume a boxer won't throw an elbow at you? They do that in regular boxing to, and would do it further if it didn't result in a DQ. Bottomline, I'm not insulting any style. It all boils down to a persons experience in fighting not knowledge of technique. So for example you're saying that a world champion muaythai fighter would obliterate a Pacquiao with no gloves? C'mon! Smarten up kid. It all boils down to the individual. Ignorance? I plainly stated that it all boils down to the individual and from that you somehow flip it around to me insulting martial arts, lol. Relax this is a discussion forum not a battlefield.

Last edited by {Pito}; 06-20-2010 at 04:18 PM.
{Pito} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:43 PM #10
Up and Comer

The Stretch is an unknown quantity at this point
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,865.37

It's simple. I would win, no matter the cost.
The Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighter, hypothetical:, muay, thai

User Tag List