Chael Sonnen's rants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Chael Sonnen's rants

Sonnen dissing the Nogueira brothers:
    “He’s got a black belt under the Nogueiras,” Sonnen said, referring to Silva. “I think a black belt under the Nogueiras is saying, like, I got a free toy in my Happy Meal. I don’t really understand what the big deal is. One of ’em’s a punching bag, and the other one I just ignore; he’s really irrelevant.”
    Sonnen dissing Anderson Silva
    “This is a one-sided dance,” Sonnen said. “I saved Anderson’s job. Uncle Dana was going to give him his walking papers, and I begged him, ‘Keep him around. Keep him around for one more fight. I will retire this guy.’”
    "I would imagine, who knows what Anderson's doing. At the end of the day, who cares. If he wants to leave the division, leave the sport, who cares. Beat it, nobody tunes in to watch him anyways, and his little fake 'I don't speak English. You want me to let you in on a secret, Anderson Silva speaks perfect English. He just has such a low amount of respect for you and all the rest of the media that he pretends he doesn't. I've had conversations with Anderson Silva in perfect English, and on top of that he's so boring to listen to that he and his rocket scientist manager, Ed Soares, who is also about as exciting as watching grass grow, have decided that Ed is better on the mic than Anderson, so just let Ed do the talking.""
    "It's quite ironic that all the media comes on and talks about how great this guy is for reasons that are completely un-understandable to me. How great Anderson Silva is, and all of us fighters are in the back going, 'jeez, they're out there massaging his ego, Anderson hates them so much, he pretends he can't understand them. That guy's no more the top fighter out there than Bigfoot is roaming the woods. That is an absolute myth, and all these guys can buy into it, but there's a young man out in Portland, Ore., that is not signing up on that bandwagon. If Anderson ever signed to fight me, which is highly unlikely, he'll be getting a verbal beating like you've never seen. And his language barrier won't be the point of interest."
    Sonnen disses Cro Cop and Croatia after journalist draws comparison's between their political careers.
    A member of the Croatian parliament couldn't get his own mother out of a speeding ticket. What are they going to do, lead their 200-strong military into a battle? My hometown could invade Croatia in 15 minutes and while Mirko stands there holding a dart and a spitball, you will understand what he was really elected to.
    Sonnen dissing the LHW division
    "I would love to go 205. 185 pounds is the toughest division in the business. So if you're going to go after the belt, go after the tough one. But I'd love to get a night off and beat up some of those... for god sake, 205 had a karate guy that was their champion. I mean that weight class is a joke."
    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 06-13-2010, 03:21 PM.

lol. man, at first I really didn't like this guy, but I gotta say, he is really growing on me. His rants are pretty funny. Especially considering that a lot of those rants don't really make sense, lol. Like why diss the Noguiera bros or Cro Cop. Its not like he's ever gonna fight them.

Chael has become one of my favorite fighters.

Comment

I can't stand this guy. I tolerate alot of annoying characters when I watch TV, but on the UFC Countdown show where he was about to fight Marquardt, I believe it was, I just had to change the channel. He was annoying as all hell and his voice was like nails on a chalkboard. Just typing this made my blood boil.

Comment

Anderson gonna f**k that boy up

Comment

I don't think he should insult guys in higher weight divisions. It's like saying 'I'm gonna be a prick towards you and diss your abilities, but I wouldn't actually sign up to fight you"

I don't like him or Silva and would like to see Belfort beat them both. I'll probably cheer for Silva against Sonnen though, be good to see a guy like that get humbled.

Comment

sonnen is a f.... ****. just rediculous to flame guys you ll never gonna fight.

Comment

dude is delusional, anderson is gonna spark him out.

Comment

He is one dimentional as a fighter, he is going to get KO but his interviews are funny as hell.

Comment

I for one really like the angle Sonnen is using. He's playing the mental game so well that no matter what the outcome the fight is going to be worth watching.

I dont see Silva dancing and toying with a guy thats made all the remarks he has.

However you cant count Sonnen out the guys got a prime Linland/ Hendo style that could give Silva problems. Although if i was a betting man my money would still be on Silva.

Comment

If Paulo Filho without trying Silva is goin to have a pretty easy time

Comment

Working...
                    X