Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys, Remember when GSP had balls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, Remember when GSP had balls?

Those were the days.

Before people say I'm hating, I'm not.

It's just terrible to see guys who shouldn't be in there more than one and a half rounds with GSP go five utterly boring rounds. He needs to break out of this lay and pray style he's developed and get back to sparking fools out like he used to. That's what got him to where he is now. Not this ****.

He's better than every 170 guy at every aspect of MMA. There is no reason for him to lay on a guy for 25 god damn minutes.

Don't try to tell me that he's faced opponents that pose a legitimate threat either. The UFC is a marketing machine that is supposed to try to convince you that GSP's opponents have a shot. They don't. Literally the only shot that guys like Hardy, Serra, Alves, Hughes, Koscheck, and Fitch have had and will ever have against GSP is to land a miracle overhand right.

You mean when he was completely demolishing top 170 pounders lke Trigg and Hieron in like 2 minutes. I remember it and i miss those days, that GSP was more impressive than Anderson Silva. Matt Serra took his soul.

Comment

Atleast Kos has good wrestling so I think he'll make this a hell of a fight too watch. I hope Kos knocks him the f out.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        Atleast Kos has good wrestling so I think he'll make this a hell of a fight too watch. I hope Kos knocks him the f out.
        Koscheck got outwrestled and dominated the first time and nothing will change the second time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
          You mean when he was completely demolishing top 170 pounders lke Trigg and Hieron in like 2 minutes. I remember it and i miss those days, that GSP was more impressive than Anderson Silva. Matt Serra took his soul.

Yeah, those were the days were GSP had balls. Now, he just rather rub them against another dude's leg.

For the record. GSP's stand up is overrated. It's not as good as the UFC tries to hype it up to be. Best stand up in ufc ww division is Hardy.

Comment

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
            Koscheck got outwrestled and dominated the first time and nothing will change the second time.
            This.

Koscheck's wrestling is a bit over rated. The only reason he has such a nice record at 174 is because he chose to dodge the tougher competition at his normal weight class (157) and take on a relatively empty division. ***** move, but kudos to him for winning his matches regardless.

that's like Khan moving to 154 because he doesn't want to fight any of the guys at 140 or 147.

Anywho, GSP-Koscheck II will be a 5 round snoozer. I won't waste my time or money

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Yeah, those were the days were GSP had balls. Now, he just rather rub them against another dude's leg.

For the record. GSP's stand up is overrated. It's not as good as the UFC tries to hype it up to be. Best stand up in ufc ww division is Hardy.
              Hardy's boxing is average on his best day. GSP is a better on the feet overall because of his 3rd degree blackbelt in Karate and his increased muay thai training.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto-Rulez View Post
                Exactly. Guys like Trigg and Heiron(where exactly are those guys now)??? Times are changing and fighters are evolving and getting better. GSP can't afford to lose, especially with all the big name sponsors he has to please the reputation he has to live up to

GSP's balls was the reason he got beat up by Penn in their first fight.

GSP may have been more exciting back in the day, but that GSP wouldn't have been able to keep the title away from guys like Alves, Fitch or Penn (again).

If you don't like GSP don't watch him. He will continue to make you favorite WW's look like club fighters while you continue to hate on him.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Best stand up in ufc ww division is Hardy.
                Bahahahahah. That's a riot. Really it is.

I will fully admit that GSP's stand-up is not the best at WW, nor would I claim it to be, it's certainly not overrated being he's outstruck Alves by fightmetric stats.

But Hardy? Really? Who has Hardy outstruck or knocked out worth a damn in his career?

Paul Daley followed closely by Alves are the best strikers at WW. Penn is up there too if you count him as a WW.

But not Hardy. If he was the best striker at WW, I'd imagine he'd at least land a few punches on GSP and he didn't land one strike.
                Last edited by TheNegation; 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM.

Comment

oh how I miss those days...and yes GSP has ausom standup, but hes become a ***** to use em..but atleast hes going to the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                    Exactly. Guys like Trigg and Heiron(where exactly are those guys now)??? Times are changing and fighters are evolving and getting better. GSP can't afford to lose, especially with all the big name sponsors he has to please the reputation he has to live up to

GSP's balls was the reason he got beat up by Penn in their first fight.

GSP may have been more exciting back in the day, but that GSP wouldn't have been able to keep the title away from guys like Alves, Fitch or Penn (again).

If you don't like GSP don't watch him. He will continue to make you favorite WW's look like club fighters while you continue to hate on him.
                    GSP didn't get beat up by Penn in the first fight, he was gouged repeatedly by Penn's fingernails. He easily won that fight.

GSP sparks out all of his opponents where he chooses to take the fight. They're not on his level in the octagon.

The idea that his opponents are world class all of a sudden is stupid. They're marketed better, yes... but Trigg was 13-3 or something like that when he fought GSP with his losses coming to a prime Hughes and Mach. Going into their fight Sean Sherk was 29-1 and his only loss came against a prime hughes who out sized him significantly. Jay Hieron was undefeated going into their bout and continues to have an 80+ win percentage (this beating was epic). Mayhem was 12-3 going into the massacre GSP put on him...

Hardy was 23-6, isn't really that good at anything, and all his losses have come to journeymen nobodies. Alves was 16-5 losing to all nobodies (save for Fitch) and has nothing but a big right hook. Koscheck had a nice record going into their fight, but he is a one dementional, one handed amateur fighter that should not be in the ring with GSP for 5 rounds-- 5 sad rounds at that.

Anywho, the ufc's marketing telling you the competition is tougher does not make it true. GSP can easily, EASILY, crack those dudes like he did the others early on in his career. Would love to see an aggressive GSP back in the octagon.

Comment

Working...
                    X