No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole: "It is NOT fair to say the Floyd hasn't faced an elite WW before"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post

"Mayweather has fought 15 of his 40 bouts against men who at one point in their careers held a world title. That’s 37.5 percent of his opposition, compared to 0 percent for Brunson. And it’s not fair to say he hasn’t faced an elite welterweight before. Zab Judah was considered elite when they fought, though Judah was coming off an upset loss to Carlos Baldomir. Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe will tell you how strenuously I argued with him about taking the Judah fight in 2006, not thinking Judah deserved the match after coming off a loss, but the fact remains that Judah in 2006 still was considered an elite welterweight. Mayweather is getting penalized for not having fought some of the other top guys now, though. He had been No. 1, but has fallen to No. 2 behind Manny Pacquiao in our latest rankings and received just two of the 30 first-place votes cast."

- Kevin Iole
    Misplaced perception at the time does not= Mayweather beating an elite fighter. Judah had elite Boxing skills but not the mental make up to make him an elite fighter, therefore he is rated as a B class fighter.

Judah's lack of mental make up as a fighter made him comparable to less talented fighters, like Ricky Hatton.

Marquez was elite but he is a lot smaller than Mayweather and 36, Mayweather looked closer to 154lbs in the fight whilst JMM looked like a fat barrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      im OBVIOUSLY not couting that win for Mayweather, that joke was a complete farce. Mayweather was like 2 feet taller then Marquez and like twice as big.

Not to mention Marquez had to jump 2 weight classes. Mayweather should be EMBARASSED that he shared a ring with marquez the way he did
      You're an idiot.....

Comment

Zab Judah was never elite in the first place. He lost every big fight he took except for the Spinks rematch.

Then he lost to a journeyman in his hometown where he had to fight in the ballroom cuz' he couldn't sell out MSG.

Elite fighters don't lose to Baldomir and don't fight in front of 3000 people in a ballroom.

Iole's a stupid dickhead as usual.

Comment

im OBVIOUSLY not couting that win for Mayweather, that joke was a complete farce. Mayweather was like 2 feet taller then Marquez and like twice as big.

Not to mention Marquez had to jump 2 weight classes. Mayweather should be EMBARASSED that he shared a ring with marquez the way he did
          OK buddy, have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Matrix View Post
            You're an idiot.....
            ... u wanna explain ur reasoning there bud? you dont actually consider Mayweather-Marquez a fair fight do you?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              still doesn't change the fact that he fought a fighter coming off of a loss.

again,

The elite WW he fought was coming off of a loss.
              but he also beat the guy who beat that elite welterweight

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
                OK buddy, have a nice day.
                im baffled to how anybody could disagree with that, but to each his own i guess...

i do however love how both guys who disagreed with me had ZERO evidence or anything to support their disagreement...

Comment

im baffled to how anybody could disagree with that, but to each his own i guess...

i do however love how both guys who disagreed with me had ZERO evidence or anything to support their disagreement...
                  I quit arguing with idiots like you months ago. I found how worthless it was to even try.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    still doesn't change the fact that he fought a fighter coming off of a loss.

again,

The elite WW he fought was coming off of a loss.
                    Wasn't Clottey called "elite"?...Manny fought him..coming off a loss.

Comment

I think Morales had secured himself as one of the best fighters in the game despite losses. That loss to Barrera was in an extremely competitive fight.

And MAB sure has hell didnt lose before the FIRST Pacquiao fight, which u failed to mention.

I mean if we are debating resumes here its an absolute joke. Pacquiaos is SOOOO much better its no comparison. He has at LEAST 3 all time greats on his resume, including MAB, Morales, and Marquez, and at least 5 future hall of famers.

Mayweather has a whopping 0 all time greats and MAYBE 2 or 3 hall of famers
                      I'd like for you to name an all time great in any division floyd fought in that he could have fought?

is margarito an atg? no...

is cotto an atg?? no...

the only one close is koysta so is it floyd's fault he chose ricky over him??

i guess it is so that's a yes..

zab isn't an elite welterweight now but he was then you liars know that no one else was there for floyd to fight but i guess you guys would rather not admit it, how can you fight the number 1 and 2 ww and get absolutely no credit for it baffles me.

after hatton should floyd have fought cotto and margarito hell yes and he deserves the flack he gets for it.

but after mitchell should floyd have fought zab and baldo hell yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X