Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Old 04-11-2010, 01:53 AM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,664,449,017.65
Total Points: 11,669,681,920.54
Be Joyful - Gift Giver A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thought you would enjoy it. - S~T~J 
Thumbs down My thoughts on Sliva/Maia and Penn/Edgar

I'll start with Penn/Edgar. I had a feeling Edgar was going to give BJ problems. BJ has a great jab and I knew the minute he fought someone with movement he was going to have problems. That said I really expected Frankie to get caught at some point and get KO'd. It was a close fight and really could have gone either way. People are going to cry robbery one way or another. Props to Frankie. He's a little dude with alot of heart. I'm a fan. BJ looked like a defeated fighter when the fight was over. He had that look like he knew he had lost before they announced the winner. I thought BJ did slightly better on the stand-up but Frankie did have a takedown (VERY IMPRESSIVE). BJ looked tired in the late rounds which let's me know what I've always thought: BJ's cardio is still a problem..

Silva/Maia was disgusting. I'm over Anderson Silva. The showboating was over the top. Worse than Roy Jones (Who I really believe he tries to imitate). Maia won me over. Broken nose, eye shut, and he was going for the kill (though he really had no choice, and did hesitate in the opening rounds). After Ando got caught in that Maia flurry he got scared. The number one pound for pound fighter in the world running away from a replacement fighter!?? **** that. Fedor is the p4p king in my eyes. I'd even take GSP over Silva. Silva draining to WW is a bad move. GSP's takedowns are better than Hendo and Hendo found success with his wrestling. Ando will be drained and fighting a better fighter in GSP.

Over all it was a bad card. I split it with 3 other people so it didn't cost so I can't ***** too much.
Rabbit ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-11-2010, 02:36 AM #2
Lords of Boxingscene

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,734,495,178,848,394.00
Total Points: 8,734,498,880,093,530.00
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

30 Second of fighting out of 25 minutes is not going for the kill IMO...
kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:50 AM #3
Up and Comer

Archangel22 is on a distinguished road
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 21,565.97

GSP handing it to Spider just because he has good mat skills? No way, everyone in mma or fighting will tell you size matters and Silva is no slouch. Just because he had a bad performance he will kill GSP. No contest, Silva has good take down defense and is way way bigger than GSP. The reach distance alone can turn into a jab fest and Silva will win by scorecard. GSP is not the opponent like everyone else thinks for Silva. Silva needs to move up to fight the heavy hitters and bigger guys who are harder to take down and harder to defend their weight on you. If Silva fights smaller lighter opponents do you really think that is the answer?
Archangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 AM #4
No Picks

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,160,108.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel22 View Post
GSP handing it to Spider just because he has good mat skills? No way, everyone in mma or fighting will tell you size matters and Silva is no slouch. Just because he had a bad performance he will kill GSP. No contest, Silva has good take down defense and is way way bigger than GSP. The reach distance alone can turn into a jab fest and Silva will win by scorecard. GSP is not the opponent like everyone else thinks for Silva. Silva needs to move up to fight the heavy hitters and bigger guys who are harder to take down and harder to defend their weight on you. If Silva fights smaller lighter opponents do you really think that is the answer?
A) GSP/Silva would not be a blow out by either fighter
B) Anderson does not have great TDD. He was taken down by Marquardt, Rich, Lutter and Henderson. None of which have the explosive double and fast level change that GSP has.
C) The difference in reach is less that two inches between Silva and GSP
D) GSP outwrestles MW's and LHW's on the regular.

It would be a competitive affair
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:21 AM #5
Business Decisions

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 120,294,028,301.78
Total Points: 6,131,450,925,735.61
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier 
for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas helpful in time of need. - Shaolin Sword 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
A) GSP/Silva would not be a blow out by either fighter
B) Anderson does not have great TDD. He was taken down by Marquardt, Rich, Lutter and Henderson. None of which have the explosive double and fast level change that GSP has.
C) The difference in reach is less that two inches between Silva and GSP
D) GSP outwrestles MW's and LHW's on the regular.

It would be a competitive affair
So they are doing this for sure and at 170?
Spray_resistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:11 AM #6
Banned

Rabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond reputeRabbit ♠ has a reputation beyond repute
Be Joyful - Gift Giver A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thought you would enjoy it. - S~T~J 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel22 View Post
I agree 100 percent and GSP should be ****ting his pants if this was a MW fight. The thing is, Ando at 34 is going to cut 15 more pounds to fight GSP at WW. I think that is a terrible thing for Ando to do and he's putting himself at a disadvantage.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:18 AM #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps View Post
30 Second of fighting out of 25 minutes is not going for the kill IMO...
True, I just feel Ando should have finished him. It was different from the Leitas fight because Leitas just went to the ground on his own where as Maia got put on the mat with those leg kicks. The Ando showboating to me wasn't distasteful or funny, I just thought it was really bizarre. What bothered me is when he ran away from Maia after Maia tagged him in the late rounds. After that there should be no disputes of Ando being better than Fedor. Not only would Fedor try to finish off a BJJ practitioner but he'd go to the ground as well. I guess all in all I was more impressed by Maia than Silva.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM #8
the lizard of ahs

Quoted: 635 Post(s)
phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 153,130,744,883,758,104,576.00
Total Points: 153,130,744,883,758,202,880.00
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- You know what's up. Real recognize real. #respect - Just Now Hit Me No Message - -jose- hnnng, I bet it tastes as sweet as this slush - Santa_ 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rabbit Punch- View Post
I agree 100 percent and GSP should be ****ting his pants if this was a MW fight. The thing is, Ando at 34 is going to cut 15 more pounds to fight GSP at WW. I think that is a terrible thing for Ando to do and he's putting himself at a disadvantage.
the weight drain for silva to come down to 170 would really starch him. the spider walks around at 230 lbs, he's 35 now, a bad age to cutting so much weight. if he does this, GSP beats him, it'll be easier to take down a tired and weight drained spider than a 185 lb silva. at 170 lbs, silva would be giving Ground St. Pound the best win of his career, so i hope the fight happens.

it'd be funny also if edgar beat penn again in a rematch
phallus is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
penn/edgar, sliva/maia, thoughts

User Tag List