Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 01:22 AM #1
$BloodyNate$ $BloodyNate$ is offline
GUCCI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hairy Cooch
Age: 24
Posts: 10,546
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,000,206,211.98
Bank: 39,019,057,482,465,088.00
Total Points: 39,119,057,482,671,296.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Retard - Weltschmerz this idiot deserves a kick - Freedom. 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 
Default GSP makes MMA look bad.

GSP won another lackluster decision. No killer instinct. Backs up what B-Hop thinks about mma being just like gay sex. The best fights were the free prelims on ****e they didn't even show on the pay per view to make it better. Diaz-rory has sick!!! But anyway GSP's on gatorade, Nike, and sport illustraded, and he looks like he's afraid to hurt people.

I love MMA but he's one of their greatest fighters pound for pound, but he puts on the most boring fight of all the last 3 cards he's been on. UFC 94, 100, and now UFC 111. He should have finished Hardy. but Hardy just stared at him at the end of the 1st when he could of unloaded the one time in the fight.

Just a pretty lackluster card, alittle disappointed though. Damn Thiago Alves's stupid physical, that ruined the 2nd most exciting fights on the card between Alves-Fitch, Jake Ellerburger-Saunders that were the best fights on the card from the start IMO. Palaharas was a dickhead though holding onto the submission after the tap. He's a beast though. Bocek-Miller was pretty good though, lots of back and forth excitement just unpopular guys fighting but still good. Pumped for 112 thats gonna be a hell of a card!

whole point of thread is that GSP lacks one of those great traits the great pound for pound fighters had. Not saying theirs guys that could beat him and i understand he fights a style that makes it harder to finish. But in 100 years when people put the best againast each other in the greatest of all time charts, GSP might not be so high because the lack of killer instinct. Glad BJ, Anderson, and Fedor are some of the best P4P fighters too. Just expected more from the UFC poster pretty boy. Just a little disappointed. Title might be a little harsh but it didn't make us look great though.
$BloodyNate$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-28-2010, 01:25 AM #2
ny123 ny123 is offline
WBGC GOLD CHAMPION
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,839
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 26
ny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond reputeny123 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,059,164,293.79
Bank: 23,642,247,049,469.40
Total Points: 23,643,306,213,763.19
you'll need it after Rafa and El dinero vaca end PR boxing ;) - Dick Buffman 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedatpkid View Post
GSP won another lackluster decision. No killer instinct. Backs up what B-Hop thinks about mma being just like gay sex. The best fights were the free prelims on ****e they didn't even show on the pay per view to make it better. Diaz-rory has sick!!! But anyway GSP's on gatorade, Nike, and sport illustraded, and he looks like he's afraid to hurt people.

I love MMA but he's one of their greatest fighters pound for pound, but he puts on the most boring fight of all the last 3 cards he's been on. UFC 94, 100, and now UFC 111. He should have finished Hardy. but Hardy just stared at him at the end of the 1st when he could of unloaded the one time in the fight.

Just a pretty lackluster card, alittle disappointed though. Damn Thiago Alves's stupid physical, that ruined the 2nd most exciting fights on the card between Alves-Fitch, Jake Ellerburger-Saunders that were the best fights on the card from the start IMO. Palaharas was a dickhead though holding onto the submission after the tap. He's a beast though. Bocek-Miller was pretty good though, lots of back and forth excitement just unpopular guys fighting but still good. Pumped for 112 thats gonna be a hell of a card!

whole point of thread is that GSP lacks one of those great traits the great pound for pound fighters had. Not saying theirs guys that could beat him and i understand he fights a style that makes it harder to finish. But in 100 years when people put the best againast each other in the greatest of all time charts, GSP might not be so high because the lack of killer instinct. Glad BJ, Anderson, and Fedor are some of the best P4P fighters too. Just expected more from the UFC poster pretty boy. Just a little disappointed. Title might be a little harsh but it didn't make us look great though.
wtf were you doing watching that **** in the first place with all this top level boxing going on? plus that ufc was on ppv
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
ny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 AM #3
one_two_puncher one_two_puncher is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 146
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
one_two_puncher is on a distinguished road
Points: 83,660.04
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 83,660.04
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
wtf were you doing watching that **** in the first place with all this top level boxing going on? plus that ufc was on ppv
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
yeah, Technical mastery by GSP. But too much of it is boring.. He could of finished Hardy by stand up and risked a little for the entertainment value of the fans. But oh well,
one_two_puncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:14 AM #4
Left2theliver Left2theliver is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,455
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Left2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 83,803.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 83,803.78
Default

Hardy's a fairly good striker in his own right. That's why GSP kept taking him down, yeah, i agree. He could be more active, but it looked to me like he was peppering Hardy with shots and looking for a submission. Hardy's submission defense shocked me though, a lot better than i expected. I think GSP coulda finished it on the ground if he woulda worked more for it, but i think he was looking more for a submisson. Not the most exciting performances by GSP in his last two fights, but ah well, lil far fetched to say it's bad for the sport.
Left2theliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 AM #5
Sammy J Sammy J is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Visalia, Cali
Posts: 44
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Sammy J is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,262.53
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,262.53
Send a message via AIM to Sammy J
Default

I gained respect for Hardy even after all that.

But GSP still can't finish a ****ing fight. Well, look out for Paul Daley. Daley is the guy to beat GSP.
Sammy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 AM #6
Left2theliver Left2theliver is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,455
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Rep Power: 10
Left2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond reputeLeft2theliver has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 83,803.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 83,803.78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy J View Post
I gained respect for Hardy even after all that.

But GSP still can't finish a ****ing fight. Well, look out for Paul Daley. Daley is the guy to beat GSP.
Hahahaha Daley?? Now there's someone who I'm sure GSP would sub.
Left2theliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 AM #7
Sammy J Sammy J is offline
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Visalia, Cali
Posts: 44
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
Sammy J is on a distinguished road
Points: 2,262.53
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,262.53
Send a message via AIM to Sammy J
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left2theliver View Post
Hahahaha Daley?? Now there's someone who I'm sure GSP would sub.
I'll talk my **** to the bank. Laugh it up.
Sammy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:42 AM #8
kaps kaps is offline
Lords of Boxingscene
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: 209
Age: 35
Posts: 33,942
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Rep Power: 115
kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,701,227,498.15
Bank: 6,619,655,748,436,023.00
Total Points: 6,619,659,449,663,521.00
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps
Default

Daley is like Hardy but worse on the ground. GSP should've been doing more GNP instead of looking for the submission. He really let both arm locks go even though he should've just broke his arm. If you don't tap you deserve to have your arm broken IMO...
kaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:07 AM #9
TheNegation TheNegation is offline
No Picks
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 2,895
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 18
TheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond reputeTheNegation has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 14,101,148,252.93
Bank: 8,175.94
Total Points: 14,101,156,428.87
To a fuckfaced know-nothing - ƒallenloki 
Default

GSP should have finished the fight. There was no reason why he shouldn't have, but it's not like he didn't try.

And you can't blame GSP for Hardy having non existant takedown defense.

Hardy is weak on the ground and Strong standing up. Logic says take it where he's weak and that was GSP does.

However I don't see how his fight with Penn or Alves was boring and I can't see how you can blame him for not finishing top tier fighters like Alves and Penn who rarely ever get beat.

You can complain all you want about the Hardy fight. GSP should have finished that fight.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:11 AM #10
$BloodyNate$ $BloodyNate$ is offline
GUCCI
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hairy Cooch
Age: 24
Posts: 10,546
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Rep Power: 30
$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute$BloodyNate$ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,000,000,206,211.98
Bank: 39,019,057,482,465,088.00
Total Points: 39,119,057,482,671,296.00
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy Birthday :) - Bossy wut up nate!! - Mike D Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Retard - Weltschmerz this idiot deserves a kick - Freedom. 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -jose- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
GSP should have finished the fight. There was no reason why he shouldn't have, but it's not like he didn't try.

And you can't blame GSP for Hardy having non existant takedown defense.

Hardy is weak on the ground and Strong standing up. Logic says take it where he's weak and that was GSP does.

However I don't see how his fight with Penn or Alves was boring and I can't see how you can blame him for not finishing top tier fighters like Alves and Penn who rarely ever get beat.

You can complain all you want about the Hardy fight. GSP should have finished that fight.
Just never passed on them though. It was mostly guard GNP in the alves fight and holding BJ against the cage IMO. This fight was just painful because he ruled and dominated and advanced in every position but still couldn't finish him. I understand he did what he had to do in the Alves and BJ fights, but im just saying, im a little disappointed the UFC posterboy that represents us in gatorade and nike ads.
$BloodyNate$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
bad., makes

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.