Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the new Final Fantasy worth buying?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the new Final Fantasy worth buying?

I already beat God Of War III on normal. I'm about an hour away from beating it on Titan I'll probably finish it tonight when I get home from work. I might try it on Chaos Mode but probably not. So I'm pretty much close to done with God Of War. Excellent game, loved every second of it, just went by too fast!

So ima trade it in and get a new game. I'm leaning towards Final Fantasy. I've never really been too into eh FF games. I beat FF10 and some other one I'm not even sure which one it was lol.

Is it worth buying? I've heard some mixed reviews about this game from my friends.

It's a perfect FF game... I would put it as number one BUT the story SUCKED. That's the only problem i'm having. The game is really good but the characters and the story sucks.

Comment

Im bored of it already! It is soooo boring and repetitive it is untrue. For the first 5-10 hours you just run from one battle to the next

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
        Im bored of it already! It is soooo boring and repetitive it is untrue. For the first 5-10 hours you just run from one battle to the next
        That.

I traded it in after playing for about 15 hours, if i want to play a linear game i'll play a shooter. RPG's are supposed to give you some freedom, this one doesn't, it was dumbed down so much it took all the fun out of it.
        Last edited by Equilibrium; 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

lol the mixed reviews continue.

Well I beat God of War on Titan so I'm done with it, **** chaos mode lol I don't feel like playing through it again anyway. Ima trade in God of War tomorrow, I'll prolly get like $30 store credit. I have $20 on my Gamestop card. So I'll only have to spend like $10 to get a new game. I think I'm just gonna buy Final Fantasy, fuk it. Give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
            That.

I traded it in after playing for about 15 hours, if i want to play a linear game i'll play a shooter. RPG's are supposed to give you some freedom, this one doesn't, it was dumbed down so much it took all the fun out of it.
            True. Playing as a little blond schoolgirl and a metrosexual against monsters didn't help the situation much either, did it?

Comment

I played Final Fantasy today at my boys crib. I didn't really like it. It was ok but I don't really see myself getting into it.

I think I'm getting MLB The Show instead. The Show > 2k10...thank god I have ps3.

Comment

The older Final Fantasy games are better dogg. Better stories. The new ones focus more on graphics.

Comment

I'm on chapter 5, it does seem repetitive, but I'm a huge fan of FF games so I will probably stick to it to the end, I heard in chapter 11 there's a ton of freedom.

Its different, very different to a lot of RPGs, so far there's NO explorable town save for one very small scene.

As for those complaining about the characters, I haven't seen a emsemble of good FF characters since Final Fantasy VII, though Balthiar from FFXII does come as P4P ATG character contender in the FF series.

Comment

i love it but im stuck so its pissing me off

Comment

Working...
                    X