Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread For: Lyoto Machida-Mauricio Rua Rematch Set For UFC 104

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Comments Thread For: Lyoto Machida-Mauricio Rua Rematch Set For UFC 104

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – It was so good, the UFC® decided to do it again.

At UFC 104 last October, UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida and challenger Mauricio “Shogun” Rua engaged in a five round war that divided the mixed martial arts world when the unanimous decision verdict was rendered in Machida’s favor. On Saturday, May 8, these two warriors will have a chance to do it again and erase any doubt as to who is the best 205-pound fighter in the world, and both are vowing to take matters out of the judges’ hands, and into their own when The Ultimate Fighting Championship® heads back to Montreal for UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2, live from the Bell Centre and only on Pay-Per-View.
    [Click Here To Read More]

should be a good rematch.
    shogun aint gonna let the judges rob him this time

Comment

Shogun did great last time but i see a lot of people saying he's going to finish the fight this time so he doesn't get robbed...as much as i'd love to see it, i think that's ridiculous. Shogun via UD. Nobodys finishing Lyoto

Comment

Shogun's gonna **** dat dudes knee/thigh up. Its gonna be there all day.....he might set up a KO punch from the leg kicks matter fact. I can't see Lyoto winning honestly.

Comment

Shogun is a bad matchup for Lyoto standing imo. I see him picking Machida apart once again with the kicks. I think this'll basically be a continuation of the last fight, however Shogun will like press the fight more and I look for him to be less cautious as well. I could easily see Shogun knocking Machida at some point. He's got 5 rounds in which to do it.

Comment

this fight won't be as one sided as ppl think. and even though I had the first fight for shogun, it wasn't as lop-sided a fight as ppl make it out to be. I've watched the fight 4 times, and the only time I thought Shogun dominated Machida was the first time I watched the fight. But on second look, I saw that Machida countered a lot of what shogun did. Rogan's pro shogun commentating didn't help.

I still think Shogun will win it, but it will be a VERY close fight.

Comment

If Shogun thinks Leg kicks are going to work again like I heard him say, hes gonna get his ass beat. Machida will learn from that mistake and adapt and just the beat the crap out of him if he just tries leg kicks. But if Shogun has a versatile attack I definitely think he can win this fight. I got Machida winning a decision though. Would love Shogun to win though to rematch rampage.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                If Shogun thinks Leg kicks are going to work again like I heard him say, hes gonna get his ass beat. Machida will learn from that mistake and adapt and just the beat the crap out of him if he just tries leg kicks. But if Shogun has a versatile attack I definitely think he can win this fight. I got Machida winning a decision though. Would love Shogun to win though to rematch rampage.
                People keep saying that Machida is going to come with this new strategy, having learned from the first fight. The thing is, at this level there are only so many adjustments that one can make. It seems to me that Shogun is simply a bad style matchup for Machida, and Machida is not simply going to reinvent his style in order to counter Shogun's leg kicks over night. Shogun may well come with a more varied attack, but Machida is not going to be able to change all that much in regards to his striking style.

Also, it's basically a case of Muay Thai vs Shotokan (simplistically speaking). Machida so happens to have one of the best Muay Thai guys in MMA (a long side Shogun) in his camp in Anderson Silva so the idea that he would have been ill prepared for Shogun's striking style is pretty much a misnomer.

Comment

The fight is gonna be the same result as last time. Machida will win by decision.

I honestly can't see how people think Shogun won. The guy who lands 90% of his shots will always beat the guy who lands 8 big shots out of 20 thrown. If it goes to decision.

Comment

i got 100k on Lyoto Machida over Shogun Rua...send me pm so i can sig it....or confirm it here.

Comment

Working...
                    X