Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-12-2005, 11:20 PM #1
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 226,246.00
Send a message via AIM to Tony Blitz
Default My diet idea, need opinions

Ok here is my diet idea, I need to lose some weight and I'd like to go on a diet with food I enjoy and not starve, here is my idea. I always wake up very late, like around lunch time. I can have either a chicken soup or oatmeal. For my dinner I'd have chili, since I can cook it in mass quantities and freeze it. Chili is high in protein, low in calories and at about 2g-7g of fat per serving depending on how much you make it. I train very often, hit the punching bag half an hour to an hour everyday, lift 10lb dumb bells while watching tv and doing sit ups, and an hour of step climbing on my machine. I was wondering, would my food menu for a diet be successful? Opinions please, thank you
Tony Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-12-2005, 11:23 PM #2
Promiscuous Protestah

spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 27,657.93
Total Points: 20,220,056.29
Send a message via AIM to spinksjinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Blitz
Ok here is my diet idea, I need to lose some weight and I'd like to go on a diet with food I enjoy and not starve, here is my idea. I always wake up very late, like around lunch time. I can have either a chicken soup or oatmeal. For my dinner I'd have chili, since I can cook it in mass quantities and freeze it. Chili is high in protein, low in calories and at about 2g-7g of fat per serving depending on how much you make it. I train very often, hit the punching bag half an hour to an hour everyday, lift 10lb dumb bells while watching tv and doing sit ups, and an hour of step climbing on my machine. I was wondering, would my food menu for a diet be successful? Opinions please, thank you

No soup contains to much sodium and not enough nutrients remind yourself that you have to eat (of course in moderation) to lose weight and eat healthy is the key to dropping weight.

Flat out the best diet is plenty of water, lean white meats (chicken/fish/turkey) and fruits and vegetables.
spinksjinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:28 PM #3
Up and Comer

FXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,539.00

Jinx is the man to listen to. That is exactly what i did and i lost 28 pounds total. Just eat natural and follow what Jinx said...lots and lots of water...fat melts away fast as long as you are working out.

Don't ignore the cardio either, get out and run.
FXXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:33 PM #4
Banned

Tony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond reputeTony Blitz has a reputation beyond repute

it would seem kind of hard to eat chicken/fish twice a day because I'd have to stock up on so much of it and I'm only 15, don't think my mom would want 30 chicken breasts in her freezer =P. Does turkey come portions or do I have to cook a whole damn sucker? What are some ideas of vegetables to eat? I usually have peas with everything but I was told that peas aren't very healthy.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:35 PM #5
Promiscuous Protestah

spinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond reputespinksjinx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it would seem kind of hard to eat chicken/fish twice a day because I'd have to stock up on so much of it and I'm only 15, don't think my mom would want 30 chicken breasts in her freezer =P. Does turkey come portions or do I have to cook a whole damn sucker? What are some ideas of vegetables to eat? I usually have peas with everything but I was told that peas aren't very healthy.

Walmart has skinless bonesless chicken breats in a bag, same goes for fish I am a big fan of cod...Fairly cheap as well.

Only eat LEAN ground turkey it comes packaged just like hamburger and tastes nice. If it isnt lean it can be contain lots of unwanted fat. But it is really good and cooks just like hamburger and tastes nice on the grill (even the foreman)

Vegetables any vegetables are good.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:38 PM #6
Up and Comer

FXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond reputeFXXI has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 16,539.00

You can buy light canned tuna, it has about 36 grams of protein so its pretty nice as long as you like fish.
FXXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:40 PM #7
Promiscuous Protestah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXXI
You can buy light canned tuna, it has about 36 grams of protein so its pretty nice as long as you like fish.

Dirt cheap as well, you can usually pick it up for like 30 cents a can. Mix it with some fat free mayo and it isnt to bad.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:44 PM #8
Banned

I don't find a little tin of tuna fills me up enough, I don't think I'd take that into consideration as a meal, maybe if I'm not too hungry I'll have it. Thanks a lot for the help guys, I'll definetly go check out Wal-Mart now for what I need. Never knew they have that kind of stuff (^_^)
Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 PM #9
Promiscuous Protestah

Quote:
I don't find a little tin of tuna fills me up enough, I don't think I'd take that into consideration as a meal, maybe if I'm not too hungry I'll have it. Thanks a lot for the help guys, I'll definetly go check out Wal-Mart now for what I need. Never knew they have that kind of stuff (^_^)

Put the tuna on some whole wheat bread Sara lee has the best only 35 calories a slice and not enriched
Image View Removed. For more information, please contact our forum admins by clicking here.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:37 PM #10
Up and Comer

Speedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedy Gonzales has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,446.00

WHATT?!?!??!!

Dude he is only 15!!!

You shouldn't diet at this age, this is when your body releases all your growth homrones (spurts) and you need to eat as much as possible without "pigging out" too much.

At this age, the only thing you might need to worry about is making sure you workout and (though some may disagree) lift weight so that you release more growth spurts.

NOW I KNOW that MOST BOXERS here would disagree since this would lead to weight gain, BUT THIS IS HEALTHY WEIGHT.
WE STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TALL THIS KID COULD END UP GROWING AND WE DON"T WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIM BEING A SHORT GUY (OR SHORT REACH BOXER)

I KNOW in boxing you want to be the least weight possible with maintained strength, BUT SINCE HE HAS NOT STOPPED GROWING THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

Remember Tony, your main job now is SCHOOL and GROWTH (What are you doing waking up at 12? GOTO SCHOOL!)

P.S. I know that Spinks may diasgree at first, but make sure that YOU DRINK MILK!!!

You are still growing and milk will help bones grow.

SPINKS - I know you think milk is bad an all, but he is still growing so whatever high calorie problem you think milk has, his young, body will make up for it since growth = higher metabolism.
Speedy Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List