No announcement yet.

where does erislandy lara fall in the middle weight rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where does erislandy lara fall in the middle weight rankings

is he as good as everyone thinks or is it just hype??

from what I've seen from him, he's more hype than anything. not a bad boxer, but definitely don't see him in the top 10. I see him maybe top 20. They are moving him slowly and now faces Grady Brewer in the upcoming week which he should win by decision. Could be good but we'll see. Guillermo Rigondeux is the the truth though and everyone should follow him.

Comment

i like rigondeaux too i wish he was more aggresive or they would match him with people that wanna take his head... as for lara i like his style better he is game to exchange yet he can box and i am a fan of the high guard as long as you can counter fast. i think he would beat angulo, julio,spinks and anyone like that but he is not ready for like martinez or williams

Comment

lara >> rigondeaux

he's got the better pro style, shorter, more precise shots and has better technique defensively.
        lara = future world champ in the jr middle division

Comment

i agree with ya his pro style is better solis needs to step his game up though how hard is it to put the down the tostones and chuleta. i am an amatuer boxer and i always make sure my weight is good and hit up the gym. granted he is a good fighter but sometimes you need more than that.

Comment

lara is the truth hes fighting grady brewer and the kid only has like 9 pro fights hes moving along very well.

Comment

i think Lara is future king at 154

Comment

thats true 9 fights in and next week will be a BIG step up. i think he ko's brewster honestly with a straight left. the fight wont go more than 5. i like how he goes down stairs then to the head with it. it throws people off

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                  lara >> rigondeaux

he's got the better pro style, shorter, more precise shots and has better technique defensively.
                  lara = future world champ in the jr middle division
                  lara << rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by lennoxthelion View Post
                    lara is the truth hes fighting grady brewer and the kid only has like 9 pro fights hes moving along very well.
                    He's no Shumenov but i hear you lol

Seriously though, guys with an Amateur pedigree like Lara, Gamboa, Korobov, Golovkin, Chakhkiev need to be brought along faster in the pros. Aside from conditioning they can handle it and alot are already in the mid20's when they turn pro.

Pulev & Shumenov (although there amateur backround is no where near the above mentioned guys) are examples this. Povetkin (initially, although he has been screwing around the last 2 yrs) and Tszyu are 2 others.

Stop babying these guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X