Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
    Understood my man we are good and mostly on the same page bra....Lefty
    lefty..this is a dumb ass thread bro

how about you go back to Pac's career when he was @130 and point out all of the fighters he could have fought from 130 up that he didnt....

Comment

• My man easy you are too serious about things Floyd aint putting no money in your bank acount bro...Yes there are some fighter you could point out that PAC did not fight but he did fight others that were still relivant at the time and moved up to take on bigger competition....I am seeing both sideof the fence here just posting both views one in this thread and one in another......Lefty

Check out these two threads

3 REASON why FLOYD is 1 STEP AHEAD of MANNY ARUM AND ROACH

GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT TALK with LEFTY "PILLAR TO POST'

Comment

My man easy you are too serious about things Floyd aint putting no money in your bank acount bro...Yes there are some fighter you could point out that PAC did not fight but he did fight others that were still relivant at the time and moved up to take on bigger competition....I am seeing both sideof the fence here just posting both views one in this thread and one in another......Lefty

Check out these two threads

3 REASON why FLOYD is 1 STEP AHEAD of MANNY ARUM AND ROACH

GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT TALK with LEFTY "PILLAR TO POST'
        actually I am not serious at all....i dont get emotional about fights...but this thread is dumb man..you make good threads and you are a respectable poster...but this chicken theory crap is just silly

and check out this thread
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334596

Comment

I figured the real question is Which guy is Floyd Mayweather? The guy who cntradicts himself all the time and seems to make excuses to DUCK other fighters. The guy who CHERRY picks smaller opponents and refuses to fight true WW men that are in his division? Or the guy in the highlight video who seems to be unbeatable and the best of our era?....Lefty
          48 Laws of Power
          Law 48

Assume Formlessness

"By taking a shape, by having a visible plan, you open yourself to attack. Instead of taking a form for your enemy to grasp, keep yourself adaptable and on the move. Accept the fact that nothing is certain and no law is fixed. The best way to protect yourself is to be as fluid and formless as water; never bet on stability or lasting order. Everything changes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work Sr. View Post
            actually I am not serious at all....i dont get emotional about fights...but this thread is dumb man..you make good threads and you are a respectable poster...but this chicken theory crap is just silly

and check out this thread
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334596
            Two side to a story two sides to a coin but the bottmline speaks for it self my friend we as fans want certain fights and don't really care about the truth it is sad really is. We are willing to accept certain things as facts even though they are clearly false to create drama and excitement in an other wise boring existance. Think along those lines when you read a thread like this from me. Also think along those lines when you see Floyd being Floyd in public....Lefty

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work Sr. View Post
              48 Laws of Power
              Law 48

Assume Formlessness

"By taking a shape, by having a visible plan, you open yourself to attack. Instead of taking a form for your enemy to grasp, keep yourself adaptable and on the move. Accept the fact that nothing is certain and no law is fixed. The best way to protect yourself is to be as fluid and formless as water; never bet on stability or lasting order. Everything changes."
              Timing is key my friend...Everything is timing during the time Floyd was calling names he was on the come up and those fighters were the premire attractions making the 8 figure pay days. Like Roy Jones said in the post fight with Marchant for Oscar and Mosley to fight Floyd right then was more risk than reward and they had other business that was going to make them more money. Sounds like a very simular statement that I have heard from Floyd and Floyd fans alike. Think about it along those lines and truly no one is ducking anyone. it is all a matter of timing and pricing...Lefty

Comment

He took on Corley, Bruseles and then Gatti at 140 lbs for titles. He moved to 147 to fight Shamba Mitchell, Judah and Baldomir for the lineal WW title. The cash cow came calling and he answered the bell and fought Oscar at 154lbs won a title there and some BIG MONEY. Went back down to 147 to meet Hatton for another big pay day.

All along people were calling for him to face legitimate WW like Cotto, Margarito, Clottey, Williams and Mosley. I understood business is business and if made sense to bring in those dollars. Stories arose about the supposed offer to fight Margarito for 8 million dollars brought on by Bob Arum and co. This video below came to light on the internet.

If the CHERRY PICKING talk was not starting already it was surely blasting off right about now. Although many thought it would be an EASY fight for Floyd and he was offered 8 million for it he turned it down. He instead fought Judah, Baldomir, Oscar and then Hatton. Below is a video made around the time he was supposed to be getting ready for a rematch with Oscar and was involved in wrestling.

Now whether it be due to negotiations his hands the WWE giving him millions to sign a contract with them he retired. Personally I think it had to do with the amount of money he made and the fact his hands were hurting him. he took a breather announced his retirement from the sport. I hold no grudges for that every man is entitled to call it quits when he feels he has no desire to continue. in our sport when you lose the desire to fight you often get hurt inside the ring.

Fast forward to 2008 Floyd is in trouble with the IRS. His real estate investments have gone sour. he is robbed for over 7 mil in jewels. it seems the so called king might be prime for a comeback. Is it $$$ motivated fans and critics ask come on fellas with Money Mayweather it is always about the money. So it is rumored he is in the gym training again and might be coming out of retirement to take on the TOP P4P fighters and earn himself a few nice paydays. Allow him to settle up with Uncle Sam and make a few margin calls bail out some real estate debts and so forth. Now I am thinking to myself I was hoping to see Floyd come back and fight I know Marquez is no slouch but what happened to Cotto, Clottey, Mosley heck even get in there with Berto or Collazo for that matter. Ok so I swallowed that pill and accepted it I said to myself Marquez is no slouch you can never measure the size of some ones heart and Marquez is a true warrior. Floyd is coming of a 18 month layoff and this will be a decent fight. Not! Floyd was quoted as it looked like a “Father playing with his little son” Below is a clip of highlights from the onsided affair.

There have been many out there who say Floyd contradicts himself and that his OWN RULES do not apply to him. He said he fought Marquez because he called him out. He goes on and on about Haymon and his people making his fights. Below is a vide clip of Floyd being interviewed after the Cotto Pacquiao fight and after his fight with JMM in the ring…

He tells so many lies that he forgets what he said. I can't see how anyone would like someone who claims to be the best but is so reluctant to prove it. All that aside he and Pacquiao had an opportunity to make one of the biggest bouts in the history of the sport. One of the most lucrative at that. Plenty of Money is involved here enough to make it more than worth Floyd “Money” Mayweather’s wild right? Wrong he submits to just about everything in the contract and goes for a 50/50 split but on one condition Pacquiao takes RANDOM BLOOD TESTS Is this just another Mayweather ploy to get out of a fight? With all the history behind FLoyd and his statements wh knows when he is telling the truth or not. His bad guy image played him flase one time too many.

Shame for me is I think Floyd mayweather Jr is P4P the most skilled fighter in the game right now. He may be the best of this era.

Brought this back......Lefty

Comment

My take on Floyd is he is highly skilled. His ability to move and make people miss and also make them pay is second to none. I think he created a persona for himself that he needs to live up too and it is hard to carry a mirror around all day and still guard your grill without letting it drop and smash to the ground my friend....I think he runs his mouth sort of like Ali but Ali did it in a different way and the times were different too. If Floyd was more liked and fought some of the fighters he did he might not get picked on as much for it.

The fact he blatantly is fighting for money and contradicts himself too much is a hard pill for me to swallow. Frankly I watch Floyd mayweather fights because I want to see if the other guy has what it takes to beat him not to see him dominate. It is like I got into the fight expecting him to win. Must be a hard burden to carry around for him to know that fans expect greatness. But when you go around preaching that you are THE GREATEST OF YOUR ERA then I guess that heavy burden comes along with those words.

Honestly and I have said it before if he finished out his career with 3 more fight and lost 1 of them but fought TOP WW say Mosley, Pacquiao and maybe a rematch to one of those guys if he happened to lose a fight I would respect him more than if he pulled a Joe Calzaghe and retired with the 0. I don't doubt his skills or the business sense he posses. I respect him for what he can do and what he has already accomplished I just think that as a boxer who is possibly the Best Of This Era you need to give back to the fans and the sport that has given so much to you.

It is like you can forgive a fighter for taking a few gimmes if he fights a hard fight after a tune up. You can accept a bad album from your favorite group if they come back with a banger the next time. I will support my team if they lose knowing they are going to come hard the next week. It is acceptable to me. But to pay $50 to see a gloryfied sparring session time in and time out is too much for me. That Baldomir fight was horrid. Floyd should have finished him off and yes maybe he needed time off to properly heal his hands and now he is back. So all i really want is to see him make good on his promise and go after the fighters on that hit list of his...Lefty
                  I brought this thread back read the original post.....Lefty

Comment

I brought this thread back read the original post.....Lefty
                    Very nice and well presented my brother! Our opinions of Floyd are on the same page, lots of respect but the disappointments/let downs are just too much, stretching years back!

Comment

• The guy has ducked the main challenger openly for years, and robbed us of the biggest fight in history.

There's never been any situation which even closely rivals it.

"Chicken" is a mild understatement.

Disgusting cowardice is how I'd put it.

Floyd should be stripped of all his titles, they should be handed to Pac by default, and Floyd's boxing licence should be suspended.

That is a fact!

Comment

Working...
                      X