Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 04-30-2005, 07:34 AM #1
Amateur

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond reputeBReal72 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,951.00
Default Oscar DeLaHoyas greatest moments

I am a huge Oscar DeLaHoya fan. One of the main reasons why he is my favourite fighter is because he always fights the best. What do you think was the greatest moment in his career?
In my opinion it was when he faced Felix Trinidad for the Welterweight Championship in Las Vegas,Mandalay Bay. Although he lost the fight,beforehand he was at the top of his game,he was the best pound for pound fighter in the world and his popularity had reached astronomical heights. Also it was the biggest non heavyweight fight in boxing history in terms of gate receipts and PPV buyrates, a record that remains today.
BReal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-30-2005, 12:32 PM #2
H 'The Hurricane' C

TheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,838.00

I also feel this was one of his greatest moments because I thought he outboxed Trinidad and looked good doing it untill the last 2-3 rounds were he just didn't work enough and began running to protect his lead, I still feel he won the fight though.
TheBrownBomber22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:13 PM #3
Interim Champion

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
shemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these partsshemmue is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 48,390.50

i think his greatest moment was his fight against quartey even though i think he lost that fight he showed alot of heart and that is why i think it was his greatest moment . if he would of shown that kind of heart against trinidad in the championship rnds. who knows what might of been ...
shemmue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:26 AM #4
Amateur

Illusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond reputeIllusion_R has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,548.00

DeLaHoya only lost that fight because of a mistake made by his corner in advising him he had the fight and to back peddle for the remaining couple of rounds. None the less it was a great bout. He sure took that loss out on Vargas when he knocked him out
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Illusion_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 10:34 AM #5
H 'The Hurricane' C

TheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrownBomber22 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 19,838.00

I loved that KO on Vargas.
TheBrownBomber22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:27 AM #6
He who lives, fights.

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond reputeRampage* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,732.71
Total Points: 1,050,082,641.63

Yeah, I saw that fight too. He was dancing around and showing his footwork the last few rounds. But even so, Felix didn't really come to cruch time. I think he should have won it.
Rampage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:23 AM #7
Up and Comer

GROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond reputeGROCERYGETTERS has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,104.00

I'm not the biggest Oscar fan but I think his best moments were against Mosley I and Quartey. Those fight brought the best out of him even tho he lost. He showed heart and tried to finish strong. He didn't run, fade or slow down with fatigue. That was Oscar at his best IMO.
GROCERYGETTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:11 PM #8
Banned

Martin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond reputeMartin (Top Knowledge) has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 145,582.00

I think the KO of Vargas with a big HIGH in his career...
Martin (Top Knowledge) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:33 PM #9
El Terrible

abdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,586,035,900,161.93
Total Points: 9,586,035,968,753.82

i luv watchen his fight with vargas
that **** was great
and a movie like ending
whammm
that fukin sledge hammer left hook just seemed to put vargas to sleep for a sec
it was great how he jusy sorta toppled over
lmao
then how he cornered him and just let his hands go
great fight
but i also like watch the fight with tito
cept those last couple rounds
abdiel2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:14 AM #10
Amateur

tnom is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 12,444.00

I've always admired Oscar for the way he brings power when everyone says he's "coming in light" or whatever. The Vargas KO was great, but I admire him most for the heart he showed against Mosley.

He's making a good start to his promoting career, too.
tnom is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List