Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM #1
Slicker than your average

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,747,114,981.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 
Default Lewis stuns Tyson for famous win

Lennox Lewis recorded a superb victory over Mike Tyson to retain his world heavyweight boxing crown in Memphis on Saturday.

The British fighter won their long-awaited title bout with a stoppage in round eight.

Full fight report from our man in Memphis

Lewis produced his best form to see off the former champion and in doing so confirmed his status as one of the great modern heavyweights.

Lennox Lewis has his face wiped by his mother Violet
Lewis' mother Violet congratulates the champion
He finished the contest two minutes and 25 seconds into the eighth with a withering right hook that put Tyson flat on his back.

Fears that the fight could descend into the kind of ugly scenes that have dogged Tyson's career proved unfounded.

Instead the event provided a timely boost for a beleaguered sport, with the boxers trading compliments after an enthralling and sporting contest.

He was splendid, a masterful boxer - I take my hat off to him
Mike Tyson on Lennox Lewis
The victory ranks as arguably the finest moment in Lewis' long career.

And it will go a long way to silencing his critics - particularly in the US, where the 36-year-old has sometimes struggled for recognition.

"This completed my legacy," Lewis proclaimed immediately after his win.

"I wanted to prove I was the best boxer in the world, on the planet.

"Nobody gets away from my jab."

Mike Tyson is counted out by referee Eddie Cotton
Tyson was felled by huge punch
Lewis was on top throughout the fight and, after being docked a point for pushing Tyson to the canvas at the end of round four, he then twice floored the challenger in the eighth.

First he landed with a left uppercut and, altough Tyson survived the first count, Lewis finished the job with a huge right.

Tyson, condemned in many quarters for his behaviour in and out of the ring, was magnanimous in defeat.

Round-by-round action

"I have love and respect for Lennox," Tyson said.

"He's a magnificent fighter - and I'd love for him to give me another shot (at the title)."

Lewis paid tribute to Tyson's ability to withstand intense pressure for so long.

"Some of those punches I hit him with on the right-hand side, he took them like a man - I was shocked he was able to take them."

It was the first time the two boxers, who have dominated the division in recent years, had met in the ring - but the fight nearly never happened.

Watch a round-up of the fight

Tyson had his boxing licence revoked by the Nevada State Commission after he sparked a brawl at a news conference.

Memphis was later chosen as an alternative venue.
Dynamite Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-07-2010, 01:20 PM #2

Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 PM #3
06-15

Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,011,277,697.46
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Maybe I should do a similar thread for Terry Norris.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:47 PM #4
Showman

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
S H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond reputeS H O B O X has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,297,608.42
Total Points: 8,317,345.40
Got you a beer homie - Kevin Jesus Your sig is hilarious - The Scientist No Message - street bully Merry Christmas! - .::EyEKoNiK::. Merry Christmas bro ! - Cotto-Rulez 
Merry Xmas - mangler Haha its a secret that not too many posters know yet - ASH KETCHUM have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fiend 

tyson said a lot of unsavoury things in the build up to the fight e.g. eating lewis' children but i remember watching post fight footage of tyson with lewis in his locker room holding and playing with lewis' new born baby , pretty good stuff
S H O B O X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:05 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaman View Post
Maybe I should do a similar thread for Terry Norris.
Im a Lennox Lewis nuthugger, thanx.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:10 PM #6
Shot To Sh*t!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Chunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond reputeChunk.. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 55,926,827,204,624.47
Total Points: 55,926,907,457,176.92
Dude this thread is just...LMAO! I'm reading page 5... - sweet pea 50 Pointless me drinking alone - hurricane72 Up your bum bum - Jamboboy For that Ric Flair video. IM DA CHAMP, HA HA WOOOOOOOOO - Sweet Pea 50 For being an all around good dude. - Shin Akuma 
on me buddy - Makavelli I love your Chunk cake! - ЯiZО for all those late night wanks - -veteran420- Professional Ice Cream - Loccy chunk cake fat boy - MANGLER 
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang smear it - Dick Buffman Chunk Cake!!! - -veteran420- merry xmas - Subtraction Apple time! - iBreakbeat 
cocktail hour - MANGLER Awww thanks, I don't mind. I made you a coco for being so kind :) - *Boss Lady* 38k post Chunk cake! - Flab I think I am going to take a long, long holiday from this site. - *Boss Lady* Enjoy that, it will NEVER happen again. - *Boss Lady* 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Chunk Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Chunk Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - _PlaT_NuM_ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Mr._Pink Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Mr._Pink Gay and Lesbian Pride - Mr._Pink Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - S a m u r a i 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - IncuFanovic Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MANGLER 

Lennox Lewis gives any Heavyweight of any era a good run for there money. His height and reach coupled with his great boxing ability would give any ATG Heavyweight fits.
Chunk.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 PM #7
Banned

donkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these partsdonkim is infamous around these parts
Bank: 18.75
Total Points: 38,920.53
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Method Checker Gay and Lesbian Pride - JAB5239 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JAB5239 Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

The Dynamite kid shamefully claims that he is a Lennox Lewis nuthugger and yet he includes a picture of Tyson's fight with Kevin Mcbride.

Looks like an excuse to bash Mike Tyson if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobox View Post
tyson said a lot of unsavoury things in the build up to the fight e.g. eating lewis' children but i remember watching post fight footage of tyson with lewis in his locker room holding and playing with lewis' new born baby , pretty good stuff

Lennox didn't even have children at the time.Tyson was holding his own child in his arms in his dressing room.
donkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 PM #8
Banned

billionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these partsbillionaire is infamous around these parts
Bank: 13,091.31
Total Points: 375,774.80
Great post on Campbell - Massage Queen For exposing Joe Louis - Slimey Limey Buffalo Bills - siablo14 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - SigmaMu 

lol at the mcbride pic what a fool....how did he stun tyson, i didnt even really watch boxing at the time and i bet on lennox to win......
billionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM #9
06-15

Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,011,277,697.46
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Dynamite is definitely the most pathetic Tyson hater in this forum. He just can't seem to let it go.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
famous, lewis, stuns, tyson

User Tag List