Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 12-23-2009, 11:48 AM #1
Interim Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,418.99
Total Points: 1,787,863.13
Default Just watched the Facing Ali documentary

Just got the chance to see this having downloaded it earlier and I must say it's worth a watch.It's kind of sad to see some of these guys like Norton who can't speak coherently and on a walking stick,and to see Leon Spinks to have come down as far as he has.The story of Chuvalo's family tragedy is heart breaking but surprisingly none of these guys come across as angry or bitter about anything.They all seem content with their life's.

Joe Frazier actually wiped away tears when discussing Ali's current condition and made the following quote

"It's just sad because,you know he's a great guy and I'm hoping that maybe he could,like, live the kind of life that we live,you know? I'd love to see him do that because he earned that."

I'd post this in non stop boxing but it'd probably get swamped by some other repetitive threads about Mayweather and Pacquiao.
Bright-Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM #2
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,068,857.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
Joe Frazier actually wiped away tears when discussing Ali's current condition and made the following quote

"It's just sad because,you know he's a great guy and I'm hoping that maybe he could,like, live the kind of life that we live,you know? I'd love to see him do that because he earned that."
That's good to hear, be nice if Joe could move on and forget all the past. Their names will always be linked and both their legends are stronger for the other being part of it.
GJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:16 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,891,075,719,949,278.50
Total Points: 1,891,075,724,349,467.00
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Don't be sorry for Norton, the man was in a very bad car accident years ago, his doctors thought he'd be a vegetable for life after that but he made an incredible recovery, his story is inspirational more than anything to me.
Silencers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 AM #4
Interim Champion

Bright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond reputeBright-Eyes has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,418.99
Total Points: 1,787,863.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
Don't be sorry for Norton, the man was in a very bad car accident years ago, his doctors thought he'd be a vegetable for life after that but he made an incredible recovery, his story is inspirational more than anything to me.

I know,but when you see a guy who used to be so articulate and such a strong human being in his current condition then it makes me feel bad for the guy.

He said that he was paralyzed for three years and couldn't do anything for that amount of time.The only time the doctors recalled him taking notice of anyone while in hospital was when Ali showed up at his bedside.
Bright-Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:21 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

boxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 223,382.53

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJC View Post
That's good to hear, be nice if Joe could move on and forget all the past. Their names will always be linked and both their legends are stronger for the other being part of it.
to be honest, I think its Ali who created all this animosity and tension between the 2..Frazier was just retaliating. Ali did have 1 big mouth..
It's really sad
boxing_great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:53 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond reputeGJC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020,399.65
Total Points: 2,068,857.96
To a fellow boxing historian - Stoppage good poster - Counter right Excellent Poster. - Barnburner A cold pint for a knowlegeable old bastard - The Surgeon Super-Poster-- from McG - McGoorty 
You look like you need a proper DRINK - McGoorty This stuff should help the faculties - McGoorty Rest in peace old friend! - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_great View Post
to be honest, I think its Ali who created all this animosity and tension between the 2..Frazier was just retaliating. Ali did have 1 big mouth..
It's really sad
No I wouldn't argue that Ali went over the top and was cruel but I think Frazier has carried his animosity towards Ali on too long.
GJC is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
documentary, facing, watched

User Tag List