Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 04-18-2005, 06:33 PM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
XionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 159,988.71
Default Lots of pain in shin area after runs!!!

After and all during the time I run(Road) There is quite abit of pain in my shin area(Between knee and ankle), Expecially after I stop, its a painful throbing sensation...
I Was wondering if anyone knows what it is and what I can do to stop it from doing that....When I do Squats or leg workouts their is no pain whatsoever....
XionComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-18-2005, 06:53 PM #2
El Terrible

abdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond reputeabdiel2k3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,396,773,685,003.36
Total Points: 2,396,773,747,764.25

ur prolly to fat
to much weight for ur shins to with stand the awsome pressure of your fat ass running
or maybe ur shoes dont give ya nuff support
try running in somthin other then higheels
but thats just my opinion
abdiel2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:07 PM #3
Undisputed Champion

XionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond reputeXionComrade has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, I only weigh 130lbs, im not fat....

Could be the shoes thogh....it even still is hurting...their just tenis shoes, you know, running shoes, not tied very tightly either...
Old 04-18-2005, 07:25 PM #4
boxingscene legend

Tha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 649,273.52
Performance worthy of a beer. Enjoy - El Gallo Negro! U R A Funny Son of a Bitch - Stones In Exile Funny S.O.B. - The Beatles Dome King - Firewall A gift for the Dome King - Tomato Can 
No Message - JAB5239 No Message - BoxingGenius27 cheers for posting on my thread abt valero broner much appreciated - robson24 Sup bro - El Angel For Giving the Giants Credit where credit was due. You have my respect. - BrushMyHair 
Giants, Dynasty, Winning on the Even numbered years in this decade. Lets drink to that. A Toast to baseballs most intriguing and newest dynasty. Cheers - BrushMyHair 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XionComrade
After and all during the time I run(Road) There is quite abit of pain in my shin area(Between knee and ankle), Expecially after I stop, its a painful throbing sensation...
I Was wondering if anyone knows what it is and what I can do to stop it from doing that....When I do Squats or leg workouts their is no pain whatsoever....

Shin Splints....very common
Tha Greatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:07 PM #5
Undisputed Champion

Whats that? How I fix?
Old 04-19-2005, 12:07 AM #6
Up and Comer

Pretty Boy is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 19,457.00

Nothing to do but rest,I'm afraid.
RICE-Rest Ice Compression Elevation.
Basically,ice it up and give it a rest.

Stretch well when you decide to run again,and invest in some decent running shoes that fit the contours of your feet properly.Go to a proper running shop and explain,they'll get the best pair for you.

STOP running for at least a few weeks,they'll only get worse if you continue,and the pain will get incredibly bad.
Believe me,I had them a while ago,and should've stopped.Instead,I carried on through the pain barrier.
Pretty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 01:36 AM #7
Black Square

joeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 353,016.12
Send a message via AIM to joeboxer

Pretty Boy is a whinny *****.

Your shins hurt cause you are weak. Keep running and you will get stronger. I use to get them, I ran 3 days a week, then 5, then everyday. Now I never get them.
joeboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:18 AM #8
Up and Comer

Pretty Boy is on a distinguished road
Total Points: 19,457.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboxer
Pretty Boy is a whinny *****.

Your shins hurt cause you are weak. Keep running and you will get stronger. I use to get them, I ran 3 days a week, then 5, then everyday. Now I never get them.

Listen to either him or me,it's your choice.
Don't try and be "old-school" like I did and try to run through it,it'll only get worse.Rest up.

Here's a link to help you decide what to do.There's plenty of other sites with similar advice,just google for "shin splints"

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/shin.html
Pretty Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 AM #9
Black Square

joeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond reputejoeboxer has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 353,016.12
Send a message via AIM to joeboxer

Blah. don't believe pretty boy and his "science"

old school is the way to go. how many boxing scientists ever made it to the top. Mike "the scientist" Tyson. I don't think so.

You might come back at me and say. The klitchco's have PH.D's in sprots something or whatever and I say to you

Would you rather be Rocky or the Russian from Rocky 4?
joeboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:07 AM #10
Contender

Pinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond reputePinoy_Texan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 17,559.48

Sounds like shin splints. I'm in the same boat. There a few choice of reason.
1.Shoe
2.Your lower leg muscles aren't strong enough for the strain.
3.Could be the way you run. There are some people who apply more pressure to the inside of their feet rather than distributing it evenly(overpronator).

You can just ice your shins for about 15 min. Also make sure you warm-up and stretch before you run. You can also try to strengthen your lower leg with a few low impact excercises. But Sadly Pretty Boy and most doctors recommend that you rest your legs for a few months. It will also help if you go to your sports doctor and make sure its not a hairline fracture or anything serious. When you start running again it might help to run on softer surface(grass, sand, trail, or track).
Pinoy_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List